You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » How to reduce my map lag ?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How to reduce my map lag ?
AzZzRu
Squire
posted 10-16-12 03:09 PM CT (US)         
Hi,

For people who already know the game, i'm map maker of "Roll The Dice". It's a pretty good map that players like, but the main feedback from them is map is too much laggy, and i believe more i update and put new triggers / items in store more the game is laggy.

But i don't really know how to reduce this lag, which triggers cause it ? Maybe i should always deactivate triggers as much as possible and active when game need it ?

Triggers statistics:
5272 triggers
29402 conditions
32609 effects

There are 3000 looped triggers with 8 conditions for spawn, maybe come from them but i'm not sure... I believe i remember in first version game was not laggy and spawn triggers was already here.

Thanks for help.

[This message has been edited by AzZzrU (edited 10-18-2012 @ 03:48 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Impeached
VIP (Reverie World Studios)
(id: MeGaIdIoT)
posted 10-16-12 05:10 PM CT (US)     1 / 11       
Are there any computer players?

me
Draconian Devil
Squire
(id: DraconainDevil)
posted 10-17-12 04:20 AM CT (US)     2 / 11       
Best thing would be to simplify the triggers as much as possible.
Try using the trigger studio from the blacksmith, to use resources which can make your work easy.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
AzZzRu
Squire
posted 10-17-12 07:27 AM CT (US)     3 / 11       
Draconian devil i use already aokts of course, and triggers are simplify as much as possible...
I just want to know what cause lag ! Too much activated triggers in same time ? Too much looped triggers ? Too much conditions ? I'm going to deactivate triggers as much as possible but i would like to know if it will change something...

There isn't comp.
Draconian Devil
Squire
(id: DraconainDevil)
posted 10-17-12 07:43 AM CT (US)     4 / 11       
I see that your map does not use many units, so the main problem would be many triggers getting activated at one time, unnecessary looping triggers could also be involved.
If a single trigger has large number of effects, then that could also lead to a lag as many effects taking place at one time could also cause a lag or maybe a crash.

()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
Rambit
Squire
posted 10-17-12 02:56 PM CT (US)     5 / 11       
Triggers do not create lag, the outcome of having triggers can. For example, a task object trigger will not cause lag if there are no units to be tasked. Personally I have never experienced lag due to a number of triggers, have made maps with more than yours and not had any problems at all.
Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 10-17-12 03:06 PM CT (US)     6 / 11       
As Rambit has already pointed out, lag is not necessarily related to the number of triggers, but rather to what these triggers do. My guess is that your 3000 looped triggers are at fault here.
Try organizing your triggerwork in such a way that certain triggers activate others, thereby lowering the number of triggers that's on constant standby. (I haven't tried out your map, so please correct if what I suggested cannot be done. )
Devious Dev
Official Professional Qualified Noob
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
posted 10-17-12 04:25 PM CT (US)     7 / 11       
Ah, Roll the dice <3

The only lag i ever got with this map, is the one i always get with online play. Also, you should upload the scenario in the blacksmith :) nvm :p

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel

[This message has been edited by DEVESTATOR (edited 10-18-2012 @ 09:56 AM).]

Basse
Squire
posted 10-18-12 09:22 AM CT (US)     8 / 11       
It is in the Blacksmith
Devious Dev
Official Professional Qualified Noob
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
posted 10-18-12 09:56 AM CT (US)     9 / 11       
nvm

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
AzZzRu
Squire
posted 10-18-12 03:10 PM CT (US)     10 / 11       
I found ! When i play not online if i remove all the store (just units) there are no longer little freeze and i think it's these little freeze which make multiplayers game very laggy...

Triggers use mainly "object in area condition" with gaia object, and there are maybe 25 000 conditions to check in same time, and i think aoe do calcul more fast if there are less gaia object because he probably need to check all gaia units position.

Thanks for help !

[This message has been edited by AzZzrU (edited 10-18-2012 @ 03:47 PM).]

Neochud
Squire
(id: Taichud)
posted 10-19-12 04:57 PM CT (US)     11 / 11       
This is a really nice map AzZzrU. Just played it with you. Unfortunately I got defeated for accidentally hitting the "delete" key. Still, it was pretty awesome when I got that bombard tower, and before, when I was killing everybody with a superpowered Hrolf the Ganger. Only a panic could stop him...

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames