You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Detecting which player destroyed an object in multiplayer
Bottom
Topic Subject:Detecting which player destroyed an object in multiplayer
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-07-13 06:17 PM CT (US)         
I was helping a friend design a multiplayer map, and I realized I didn't know how to detect which player destroyed an object in a multiplayer game since the Destroy Object condition is global instead of being player-specific. I'm certain someone in the last 14 years has come up with a workaround for what seems like a simple problem, but I can't figure out how to do it.

~`o~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
 `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-
AuthorReplies:
Impeached
VIP (Reverie World Studios)
(id: MeGaIdIoT)
posted 12-07-13 06:39 PM CT (US)     1 / 5       
Loosely, it's this:

If object is dead (own fewer objects), check who has a kill.

If users are getting lots of kills it can be hard.

me

[This message has been edited by Impeached (edited 12-20-2013 @ 10:18 PM).]

JustTesting1234
Squire
posted 12-08-13 05:56 AM CT (US)     2 / 5       
use some anti-delete system. but instead of booting the player, reward him or whatever you want
Basse
Squire
posted 12-08-13 07:03 AM CT (US)     3 / 5       
It's easier to detect buildings destroyed by someone rather than a unit. There is a resource that is called "Killed PX" in Trisolo's Trigger Studio addon, this means that you can count what player have killed how many from who (there are also same resources for razings).

So basically you need a lot of triggers, but it's do-able unless it's like a bloodmap where players can kill 100 units in a minute or so, but razings shouldn't be a problem in blood maps.
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-08-13 02:07 PM CT (US)     4 / 5       
Okay, thanks guys. The buildings will respawn throughout (it's basically a control point system where the points are captured by destroying the building). I suppose this would involve tributing the Killed PX or Razing PX resource away with Trigger Studio to account for the respawned buildings. The control point buildings would be owned by a neutral player instead of the human players, so that would decrease the amount of triggers somewhat.

~`o~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
 `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-
jizzbomb
Squire
posted 12-09-13 06:22 PM CT (US)     5 / 5       
In one of the versions of trigger studio I have there is a resource "Razed by PX"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames