You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » AoK HD Filepath?
Bottom
Topic Subject:AoK HD Filepath?
Al_Kharn the Great
Squire
posted 10-21-15 07:03 PM CT (US)         
I'm trying to convert my scenarios on the Blacksmith to be compatible for the v4.3+ of AoK HD but the filepath is confusing me.

I've placed the campaign files under this path in the zip:
resources\_common\campaign

Avi's under this path:
resources\_common\movies

And sound under this path:
resources\en\sound\scenario

Is this correct?

Will the fact that the scenarios were built with sound files originally in the old sound\scenario\en format be a problem (ie- the scenarios will no longer be able to find the sound files under the new filepath?)

Does placing the sound files in the en folder mean that sound files will only play for the English version of the game? How can I ensure non-English players will hear the sounds?

I've updated The Escape of Hernan Cortes with the new filepath if anyone is willing to test it out and see if it works and the sound file plays at scenario start?

I would test this on my own but I'm wary of deleting campaigns from my computer because I don't know how doing so will interact with my Steam Workshop items.

Thanks
AuthorReplies:
Cysion
VIP Forgotten Empires
posted 10-22-15 04:24 AM CT (US)     1 / 5       
If you have sounds in the /en/ folder, the game will automatically play those if it can't find them in other languages. It's the fallback language.
Al_Kharn the Great
Squire
posted 10-22-15 05:19 AM CT (US)     2 / 5       
I don't know that that's accurate. I had players on Steam message me asking about why they didn't hear the sounds on The Magyar Conquest. Turned out the sound files didn't play on the German version.

This may have been a consequence of the conversion from the old workshop support to the new one.

[This message has been edited by Al_Kharn the Great (edited 10-22-2015 @ 05:20 AM).]

Devious Dev
Official Professional Qualified Noob
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
posted 10-22-15 05:41 AM CT (US)     3 / 5       
Can't you just create a \recources\common\sound\scenario and store them there? Would it work?

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
Al_Kharn the Great
Squire
posted 10-22-15 07:01 PM CT (US)     4 / 5       
I don't know. I'm really wary of deleting all instances of my campaigns on my hard drive to test it. I worry it'll affect the Workshop items (or prevent me from updating them in the future). Might be a foolish concern but I don't want to take the chance on breaking my permissions over my workshop items.

I'll try it on another computer (with steam offline) but if someone could download and try to play the scenario I posted in the OP, that would answer this question as well. The sound file will play in the first minute of the scenario.
Cysion
VIP Forgotten Empires
posted 10-22-15 08:23 PM CT (US)     5 / 5       
I just checked in my scenario and put them in \mods\The Colosseum\resources\en\sound\scenario

And indeed, it doesn't play the sounds when changing my game language to German. Will report this.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames