You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Need help editing the CBA v21
Bottom
Topic Subject:Need help editing the CBA v21
closed11
Squire
posted 01-31-19 11:25 AM CT (US)         
Hello, I am organizing an Age Of Empires II Championship, which will need to have moderator in the games.

This moderator will be responsible for some arbitrary actions, so you do not act smarty trying to take advantage.

In that case I will have to remove PLAYER 1 from the CBA v21 scenario, I need him to stay in the game, so that the chat is available for him.

In short: I want to disable PLAYER 1 of the CBA v21 scenario, but I need to keep it in the room with the active chat.

Could someone help me there?

LINK CBA v21: [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jc8U5BREjc8Jq4U2HKenZxWEKNUSxH3J][/url]

I am also open to your questions regarding how to control the AgeOfEmpires Championship

waiting for an answer
AuthorReplies:
wounduporange
Squire
posted 01-31-19 12:34 PM CT (US)     1 / 16       
You're asking someone to modify the scenario in general. Maybe you should just setup a discord for it instead. Unless you want to modify the scenario. It could be done. I'm sure almost anyone with a little bit of experience could do it.
closed11
Squire
posted 01-31-19 02:06 PM CT (US)     2 / 16       
Hello wounduporange!

I tried modifying it, but I could not!

I tried deleting the walls and gates from the base of Player 1, but when I do a game test, player 1 is automatically defeated, I would like to remove them without player 1 being automatically defeated while testing.

do you know how to do this?
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 01-31-19 02:28 PM CT (US)     3 / 16       
You cannot remove player1, that is a hardcoded player slot. Just give them a castle in the far corner or something with no resources so they are a dummy player.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
closed11
Squire
posted 01-31-19 04:31 PM CT (US)     4 / 16       
Hello Kataphraktoi!

That's exactly what I want to do!

As I said: I removed the gates of PLAYER 1 and put water (river), to separate PLAYER 1 from the map, but when I went to do the test in the scenario PLAYER 1 was defeated automatically, disabling the chat.

I believe that this happened because I removed the gates.
So here I am in the forum, I want to know how to remove the gates, without PLAYER 1 being defeated.
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 01-31-19 04:39 PM CT (US)     5 / 16       
Are there triggers causing player1 to lose if he doesn't own a set of castles+gates at a certain location?

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
closed11
Squire
posted 01-31-19 06:31 PM CT (US)     6 / 16       
Yes, at the 'trigger' if the gates are deleted the Player is automatically defeated.

I'd like to remove this trigger, so that's where the gates can be removed, understand?

but I do not know how to do this
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 01-31-19 11:08 PM CT (US)     7 / 16       
Usually you can just click on the trigger in question and hit delete. Isnt that button marked in english ingame?

closed11
Squire
posted 02-01-19 10:53 AM CT (US)     8 / 16       
I'm not finding it!

Did you see how the scenery is made there?

Strange here, because on the tab "Triggers" it seems that everything is off the trigger, I think that's why I can not find, see here in the image a print.

even if it is deleted, when I try to click on it to see what it has in Trigger, below it always shows me the same trigger. (I think it's bugged?)

this is wrong? how to solve?

IMAGE LINK print>

Look, I created a new Trigger for testing, and it creates the "3492º Trigger", but I can not see the previous triggers so I can change them

[This message has been edited by closed11 (edited 02-01-2019 @ 11:01 AM).]

HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 02-01-19 12:02 PM CT (US)     9 / 16       
It's been a common practice for creators of multiplayer scenarios to "burn" their triggers by removing the name text from them so that they are more difficult to select and edit, thus making it more difficult for others to modify or even "steal" their work. The triggers are there, but they cannot be normally selected if they have no name.

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies of one who has done well." - Hávamál

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1
rewaider
Squire
posted 02-01-19 12:23 PM CT (US)     10 / 16       
u can still select them via aokts tho

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
My Blacksmith
closed11
Squire
posted 02-01-19 12:24 PM CT (US)     11 / 16       
Does it mean that it is impossible to edit it?

rewaider, What do you mean? what is it?

[This message has been edited by closed11 (edited 02-01-2019 @ 01:04 PM).]

Basse
Squire
posted 02-02-19 08:47 AM CT (US)     12 / 16       
aokts is a program used to edit scenarios outside of the game. It stands for AoK Trigger Studio.
closed11
Squire
posted 02-04-19 02:44 PM CT (US)     13 / 16       
I finally got it using 'AoK Trigger Studio'

thank you guys. I'm digging here to learn how to play.

A doubt here.
Player 1 will be the moderator of the match, so he will not have allies (-), at the time of the game, is there any way for me to know who is playing against whom?

I entered it in the game to do a test, with PLAYER 1 (blue) and there it only shows that they are all my enemies, but not who is in team 1 and who is in team 2 ..etc

Do you have any way to show the teams?
Basse
Squire
posted 02-05-19 08:02 AM CT (US)     14 / 16       
You can have saboteurs blow up at the start of the game around palisade walls from the other players. The surviving palisades would then represent the allied players.
closed11
Squire
posted 02-06-19 05:24 PM CT (US)     15 / 16       
I still do not understand!

playing through "Voobly" with that "Spectators" option by installing the "https://www.voobly.com/pages/view/specmode" tool, that's right!

But then the Battle Moderator would not be the host.

Does it have any other form, the PLAYER 1, see the data equal the "Spectators" see.
BF_Tanks
Squire
posted 02-13-19 05:11 AM CT (US)     16 / 16       
Try asking the Voobly community for help, the guys over there are the reason CBA even exists so, I'm sure someone there will be able to help. It's hard to work on a scenario that someone's bastardised for the sake of preventing modifications and someone over at Voobly probably has a workable version.

Proud Member of Black Forest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009
and The Seas of Egressa - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames