You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Mr Wednesday, John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.953 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Unit/Building Concepts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Unit/Building Concepts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25 26 27 28  Next Page »
Dynasty_IV
Squire
posted 07-22-14 10:18 PM CT (US)         
Unit/Building Concepts

Recently I've noticed a lot of new units going up on the blacksmith both copy/paste and modeled and thought it would be nice to have an open forum for people to put cool unit concepts and give ideas for units they would like to see. I can see there are a lot of projects currently in the works and wouldn't mind sharing any concepts or completed graphics I come up with.

I invite anyone else to post their own ideas for units as well as any they've completed and are willing to share.

Personally I'm no good at 3d modeling and my units are all copy/paste for the most part but either are welcome.

[This message has been edited by Dynasty_IV (edited 09-08-2015 @ 01:36 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
DerWerwolf
Squire
posted 01-17-19 00:20 AM CT (US)     911 / 953       
In the beta of AOK there were male villagers with player color t-shirt as well as females with a white hood in the head. There is a mod in the blacksmith which has all those graphics included, but just a few animations. Here is the link:
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=10539

Maybe those could be useful as a base for some new villagers.

[This message has been edited by DerWerwolf (edited 01-17-2019 @ 00:24 AM).]

Tevious
Squire
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 01-17-19 01:46 AM CT (US)     912 / 953       
If the beta villagers fit well with an art set, maybe. I'm saying we could do completely new ones. The current villagers probably being best suited for the Britons/Celts/Franks art set. Maybe something along the lines of these for other art sets:

Viking/Goths/Teuton European civs:

Meso-Americans and Inca civs:

Arabian civs:

Asian civs:

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
|| ŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
Mahazona
Squire
posted 01-17-19 02:38 AM CT (US)     913 / 953       
Its a great idea but aok does not support different villager skins.
We already have black/dark skin villagers and a asian set in the sengoku mod.Jorgito also previewed a full european villagers set.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/aoe-2-hd-new-units-and-terrain-re-skin/images/aoe-2-hd-new-units-and-terrain-re-skin6

[This message has been edited by Mahazona (edited 01-17-2019 @ 02:42 AM).]

Khan Ivayl
Squire
posted 01-17-19 05:09 AM CT (US)     914 / 953       
How do you mean doesn't support? I am pretty sure it can be done with AGE2, simply you don't copy the changes to all civs, no?
Soldiers_TODD
Squire
posted 01-17-19 06:13 AM CT (US)     915 / 953       
Tevious, sorry, do you also render in 3ds max?
Tevious
Squire
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 01-17-19 04:35 PM CT (US)     916 / 953       
Well, I asked another guy on our team (rva2895) and he told me it probably wouldn't be worth the effort involved. So I'm guessing it would involve a bit of tinkering with the exe?

@Soldiers_TODD
No. I usually use Sketchup for blocky structures and Blender for creatures. Our animation guy uses Maya.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
|| ŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
Mahazona
Squire
posted 01-17-19 10:00 PM CT (US)     917 / 953       
Ivo its not that easy villagers are like monks simply changing the graphics dont work.As of now there is no correct way to get different skins for villagers even up does not support it.

If someone can make new villagers it wont be a waste many mods will be able to use them.Chivalry mod needs villagers .
Furik91
Squire
posted 01-17-19 10:44 PM CT (US)     918 / 953       
Hello People! Some previews of my recent works, trying to make a hole set of units. Because if I only change one, it will contrast too much with the vanilla graphics.

Feudal units:
Scout (Still has some problems with the render)

Skirmisher.

Man at arms

Archer (It has not the right anchors)

Also I'm working in my longswordman.. but I guess that it needs more white in its clothes.
Mahazona
Squire
posted 01-17-19 11:45 PM CT (US)     919 / 953       
They look great,only issue I see is the m@a attack under the shield.
Try to make a second standing and run as well.it will be good to see those with the 8 sides.
todler
Squire
posted 01-18-19 09:24 AM CT (US)     920 / 953       
Since you are replacing everything, why don't you make them bigger?
Khan Ivayl
Squire
posted 01-18-19 09:55 AM CT (US)     921 / 953       
Great units! Eventually when more people switch to this style, however, and as mentioned above, we will also need someone to take time for the corresponding civilian graphics, too
Soldiers_TODD
Squire
posted 01-18-19 03:31 PM CT (US)     922 / 953       
Furik91, sorry, animation curve.
Scout (Still has some problems with the render)
Familiar horse.))) It seems this horse from Mount & Blade?

Does anyone know how to achieve such a quality render units, as in these screenshots?

Omkar
Banned
posted 01-19-19 01:06 AM CT (US)     923 / 953       
@Furik91 Your new units truly look awesome. It will be better if you can remake all units with a more generic look without the bavarian blue and white like in aoe2 so that it fits all civilizations rather than just Central Europe.

BTW I was thinking of trying out poser, any tips for me for being started.

[This message has been edited by Omkar (edited 01-19-2019 @ 01:07 AM).]

Mahazona
Squire
posted 03-02-19 02:55 AM CT (US)     924 / 953       

These are fully completed and uploaded in the blacksmith.

[This message has been edited by Mahazona (edited 03-30-2019 @ 06:44 AM).]

ohwisesolomon
Squire
posted 03-29-19 11:20 PM CT (US)     925 / 953       
Some unit ideas. Cavalry are cut and paste from Jorgito models. Infantry is a conversion from Imperium (from utilities).

Boyar model, but less Eastern European. More of a neutral look. Can be used as a hussar or something like that.

Axe raider guy. Going to use this as a house greyjoy raider in a GoT mod. Could use as an alternate berserk for vikings? or just a heavy infantry unit if using unique units data files. team colors are a little weak on this one.

Knight unit with no helmet. can be a knight or hussar or even a hero unit?

[This message has been edited by ohwisesolomon (edited 03-29-2019 @ 11:25 PM).]

Mahazona
Squire
posted 03-30-19 02:42 AM CT (US)     926 / 953       
Awesome stuff are they finished?Btw is there a way I can contact you?

Unit concept but death did not come out great and too difficult to make the attack correctly.

[This message has been edited by Mahazona (edited 03-30-2019 @ 09:41 PM).]

John the Late
Knight
posted 03-31-19 09:46 AM CT (US)     927 / 953       
Furik, those units look nice, but is it just me, or is the angle a bit wrong? It looks like the camera is too flat and not enough from "above".
ohwisesolomon
Squire
posted 04-16-19 01:13 AM CT (US)     928 / 953       
I have been working on some more units for my Game of Thrones/ASOIAF mod. I have been trying to develop a Northern/Stark unit set. (all cut and paste from Jorigto stuff):

Spear idea:

Northern/Stark sword concept:

some other unit concepts:
Generic man-at-arms (or possible riverlands unit?)

Northern/mountain clan/other? sword idea:

[This message has been edited by ohwisesolomon (edited 04-16-2019 @ 08:40 AM).]

Mahazona
Squire
posted 04-16-19 10:54 AM CT (US)     929 / 953       
Looks good.

would make a good generic northerner unit or stark uu

this would make a good merc unit or an iron islander.

[This message has been edited by Mahazona (edited 04-19-2019 @ 10:14 AM).]

Vardamir
Huskarl
posted 04-16-19 12:25 PM CT (US)     930 / 953       
Yeah, they look quite nice!

AoK: Realms
Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Genie Converter - an AKX installer for modern times
John the Late
Knight
posted 04-16-19 03:38 PM CT (US)     931 / 953       
I have been working on some more units for my Game of Thrones/ASOIAF mod.
I remember this older mod of the same theme by Erechel.

Did you know it already?

As someone who liked the (first 3 at least) ASOIAF books, I'd be curious to find out more about your mod.
ohwisesolomon
Squire
posted 04-19-19 11:05 AM CT (US)     932 / 953       
Thanks for the positive feedback!

I have seen the Game of Thrones mod by Erechel. I have never played it though.

For my mod I mostly focused on doing the data side things at first, and the graphics were from other people's work like Jorgito's units. I have the data and language file to a point were it is mostly playable/beta, so now I am trying to do some work on original units (or at least cut/paste). So far I have about 4-5 units done. I am trying to focus on doing the northern units right now, with the goal being that there would be a unique set of graphics for each region of Westeros (ex: North, Iron Islands, Reach, Stormlands, Riverlands, etc.) and Essos. We will see how far I get haha...

@Mahazona the one unit is designed to be part of a northern sword line I am working on, probably for the long swordsman slot. That other iron islander/merc guy was originally going to be an early northern sword unit, like man-at-arms. I wanted the northern guys to be kind of rugged and hairy looking but now I might have something else for that slot.

[This message has been edited by ohwisesolomon (edited 04-19-2019 @ 11:12 AM).]

Mahazona
Squire
posted 04-19-19 11:38 AM CT (US)     933 / 953       
Look at the tale of middle earth mod it might have some good units for you.the foot units in that mod are a little taller so would fit nicely for tall people like the mountain and hound.

My suggestion would be to make one UU for the kingdoms each first rather than going for a full set of units,if you can make it its great but its no easy task.

@Furik91 I was using your released units earlier and noticed they are much taller than the normal units you might want to check the sizes if its not intentional.
Also are you replacing all the units made by others with your own then the sizes would not matter much.

[This message has been edited by Mahazona (edited 05-01-2019 @ 00:42 AM).]

Giullianus_kun
Squire
posted 05-02-19 10:24 PM CT (US)     934 / 953       
I"ve tried to make more buildings in the same style I once posted few months ago in this post.I may do the interiors of them someday.For now,they are just proof of concepts

BTW,is anyone working on more female units?There isn't a lot of female units on the blacksmith.

[This message has been edited by Giullianus_kun (edited 05-02-2019 @ 10:27 PM).]

Mahazona
Squire
posted 05-18-19 00:29 AM CT (US)     935 / 953       
Buildings look great fits well with the chivalry and original styles.
BTW,is anyone working on more female units?There isn't a lot of female units on the blacksmith.
I don't think most are interested in female units,they fit mainly as civilians.Not easy to make also since we only have 2 units ingame.
Giullianus_kun
Squire
posted 05-18-19 08:11 PM CT (US)     936 / 953       
Thanks,I tries to make them inspired on Frisian/Danish style on AoC.

AS for the female characters,I might try to make them someday.
Mahazona
Squire
posted 05-18-19 11:39 PM CT (US)     937 / 953       
Make the roofs bluish and might work for a french set too or even reddish/orange for a spanish look.
Its too bad this game can only have one set of villagers if not there would be more types of female/male units.
Lord Basse
MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
posted 06-13-19 07:00 AM CT (US)     938 / 953       
@Guillianus_kun, I really like those Danish-style buildings. I am compiling a mod for a campaign I hope to start working on this summer. Could I include your buildings in the mod? With credit to you as the creator of course.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] || [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ ||____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athaln (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
Giullianus_kun
Squire
posted 06-14-19 04:33 PM CT (US)     939 / 953       
Thanks Lord Basse.You can include them.Also,if you want any specific building in this style,I'll gladly make it.

I am excited for your next project.Relics of Athaln was awesome to play,and It inspires me to this day when I try creating scenarios.
Mahazona
Squire
posted 06-14-19 10:16 PM CT (US)     940 / 953       
If possible make a full set of those buildings (barracks archery range university etc).
Lord Basse
posted 06-15-19 04:21 PM CT (US)     941 / 953       
Wonderful, thank you! I'm thinking of using these for the fancy part of a larger city. A full building set would be neat as Mahazona said, but these seven will go a long way!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
OF | [/ \] || [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ ||____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athaln (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
Giullianus_kun
Squire
posted 06-16-19 01:16 PM CT (US)     942 / 953       
I'll finish a full set then,and upload the slps.

My only problem is the Mill.I have no Idea how to do it.And the wonder...Well,the Wonder already exists :P

BTW,With the upcoming AOE2: DE,does anyone know the techniques/shaders/textures the developers use?Copypasting is fun to do,but I am unsure it will look good in 4K.

[This message has been edited by Giullianus_kun (edited 06-16-2019 @ 01:16 PM).]

Lord Basse
posted 06-16-19 02:06 PM CT (US)     943 / 953       
Great, that would be really helpful!

If you want a priority list, the buildings I will most likely use are things like a University, Trade Workshop and Keep, buildings that fit into the civilian part of a town. I will most likely not use stuff like Docks, Town Centers or Archery Ranges as they won't fit as well into the design I'm imagining.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
OF | [/ \] || [/ \] | ME
TriRem
Huskarl
posted 06-17-19 01:22 PM CT (US)     944 / 953       
Lord Basse is working on a new campaign ? HYPE !

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
Lord Basse
posted 06-17-19 02:34 PM CT (US)     945 / 953       
It's still top secret for now, so shhhhh!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
OF | [/ \] || [/ \] | ME
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25 26 27 28  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames