You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Mr Wednesday, John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.34 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Rise of the Rajas - new Units
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rise of the Rajas - new Units
Seonid
Squire
posted 12-13-16 05:13 PM CT (US)         
So...new expansion for AoE2HD. Southeast Asia based.

I'm excited because this - like African kingdoms - significantly diversifies the types of new units out there available for modders. Now, if only I could get the developers to enable the 5th resource, I might even start data modding with the HD version.
AuthorReplies:
Ivenend
Squire
posted 12-13-16 07:13 PM CT (US)     1 / 34       
New expansion for HD? Confirmed? Is there a link or something?

Well, south east Asia, I'm a little disappointed that there is another expansion not focus on European civs, but anyway, better than nothing.

AoK Unit Graphics:
Landsknechts (Doppelsöldner) - 5 variations

RoN Unit Graphics:
Landsknechts
The_Old_Breed
Squire
posted 12-13-16 07:37 PM CT (US)     2 / 34       
Ivenend
Squire
posted 12-13-16 07:39 PM CT (US)     3 / 34       
Thanks! The new buildings looks very nice! Now I wish they could reskin the old WE and NE buildings...

AoK Unit Graphics:

RoN Unit Graphics:
Landsknechts
The_Old_Breed
Squire
posted 12-13-16 07:46 PM CT (US)     4 / 34       
a reskin update for the WE and NE will be the greatest thing ever or a reskin of vanilla unit graphics....
Mahazona
Squire
posted 12-13-16 09:53 PM CT (US)     5 / 34       
Looks great but seems some people are not happy with how the civilization's are named.
chiruscan
Squire
posted 12-14-16 00:29 AM CT (US)     6 / 34       
I like the architecture but I dont see any new gameplay elements except for the mangrove terrain.
Bala Arizalu
Squire
posted 12-14-16 01:46 AM CT (US)     7 / 34       
Yeah you're right Mahazona, especially for the Gajah Mada campaign, my hipotesis is that Gajah Mada Campaign use Malay, not Javanese.
Because in Indonesia, Malay is considered the person Who Lived in Sumatra, Malaysia, and is part of Borneo.
I see the "UI" of Malay more shows Java, this is evidenced by painting a ship which is in the lower left corner, such ships are on the reliefs of Borobudur. and the symbol that is in "UI" is Surya Majapahit or the Sun of Majapahit. And Gajah Mada fighting in Sulawesi? Instead of Java?
Probably why FE chose Malay because the Javanese are part of the "Second Melayu" or Malay Young.

chiruscan
Squire
posted 12-14-16 02:07 AM CT (US)     8 / 34       

Tomcelmic
Squire
posted 12-14-16 02:42 AM CT (US)     9 / 34       
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hereby apologize for failing to control my emotions, but I just couldn't...I've been waiting for so long to have a South east asian expansion! That's just awesome.

Here are the civs:
http://www.forgottenempires.net/age-of-empires-2-hd-rise-of-the-rajas

A glance on the UUs:
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/488060/ss_afe677061330d42150b35d8faba9e4c3fade2019.jpg?t=1481662687

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/488060/ss_36a24bfb5276bdb325707d3ce0cd06147dec2aad.jpg?t=1481662687

So there are some new archers, ballista elephants, elephants with pikemen, some kind of new cavalry, and a new infantry: I can't really see what kind of infantry it is. I bet there will be a new kind of ship, as one of the civs is specialized in naval warfare (malaysians I think).

I don't think there will be new monks (there weren't in age of african kingdoms) but if there were, that would be fantastic news!

[This message has been edited by Tomcelmic (edited 12-14-2016 @ 03:10 AM).]

Achesun
Squire
posted 12-14-16 04:22 AM CT (US)     10 / 34       
I see in the screenshoots a Torii gate placed in front of the a Buddhist statue, in a place which was suppose to be southeast Asia...
I thought Torii gate is exclusive for Japanese Shinto?

Good looking graphics anyway.
Tomcelmic
Squire
posted 12-14-16 04:34 AM CT (US)     11 / 34       
You're right, maybe it's a campaign against japanese forces? Plus, the buddha statue looks like the daibotsu in Kamakura... I can't see why, but AOE2 has never been famous for being historically accurate...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Tzontlimixtli has worked on the buildings...that would explain his long absence in the forum...
Mahazona
Squire
posted 12-14-16 04:58 AM CT (US)     12 / 34       
Bala I agree but since this is a game we can't really expect it to be accurate. Even Vietnamese would sound odd since people there are viets as I know.

New unit's and buildings looks nice.
Ivenend
Squire
posted 12-14-16 05:49 AM CT (US)     13 / 34       
So, Tzontlimixtli works for HD? Why don't they also import Tzontlimixtli's Indian buidling set offcially?

P.S. IIRC Tzontlimixtli is also a member of the Feudal Wars game?

AoK Unit Graphics:

RoN Unit Graphics:
Landsknechts
Tomcelmic
Squire
posted 12-14-16 06:19 AM CT (US)     14 / 34       
Well, that was a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was part of the project. Actually his indian set was officially released in the steam's workshop by Cysion (Head of forgotten empires team)...maybe in this new dlc, the indian set will be fully integrated in the game?
AFFA the Cleric
Squire
posted 12-14-16 06:26 AM CT (US)     15 / 34       
Splendid News! I like this expansion, good job FE Team!

@ Mahazona

Ehi, finally a new expansion concentrated on more restricted Asia, you ever looking for more asian units, here you have,also you are hungry of new unit graphics like me, this is you Day!
Tomcelmic
Squire
posted 12-14-16 12:29 PM CT (US)     16 / 34       
Ivenend
Squire
posted 12-14-16 06:46 PM CT (US)     17 / 34       
http://www.forgottenempires.net/age-of-empires-2-hd-rise-of-the-rajas/credits

Well, I see something interesting on this page: I don't see Tzontlimixtli on the credits list, however, Jorgito is on the list, and I also see Peter Pipenburg, who, IIRC is the leader the AoE3 NE mod.

AoK Unit Graphics:

RoN Unit Graphics:
Landsknechts

[This message has been edited by Ivenend (edited 12-14-2016 @ 10:26 PM).]

Mahazona
Squire
posted 12-14-16 10:11 PM CT (US)     18 / 34       
Jorgito must have done the new buildings and trees Yan probably all the new units.

Its great too see our community members still actively working on official expansions.
TriRem
Huskarl
posted 12-15-16 02:57 AM CT (US)     19 / 34       
Jorgito must have done the new buildings and trees Yan probably all the new units.
That is indeed the case, Jorgito has also made a couple of animals.

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
Cysion
VIP Forgotten Empires
posted 12-15-16 05:28 AM CT (US)     20 / 34       
I didn't properly update the credits page on our website, Tzontlimixtli definitely helped with the artwork this time around.
Tomcelmic
Squire
posted 12-15-16 07:16 AM CT (US)     21 / 34       
Well, I was so sure of it. I was very surprised when I didn't see him in the credits, but I guess I wasn't wrong after all.
Fenriz94
Squire
posted 12-15-16 11:32 PM CT (US)     22 / 34       
Enkeli as always ..., is already saying that the expasion was a plagiarism and that they removed their steam mods unjustly, already is becoming the victim and says that he will make a post with evidence that he is the poor martyr and that Does nothing, that these civilizations are copy? And it is that they are going to invent civilizations that do not exist or that ?, this type is only a cancer for the community, is a historical game not a pokemon game, according to him, the same one is unique and original and all are plagiarizers, doing ****ing victim show, we must be attentive to that scourge of the community

look this

https://www.facebook.com/StudiosEnkeli/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Tomcelmic
Squire
posted 12-16-16 06:30 AM CT (US)     23 / 34       
danielpereira
Squire
posted 12-16-16 06:46 AM CT (US)     24 / 34       
Enkeli as always ..., is already saying that the expasion was a plagiarism and that they removed their steam mods unjustly
Just ignore that guy... All that he wants is attention, so, I would advise not to give that to him...

The Portuguese Civ Mod III - Download at the Blacksmith
A mod that adds new civilizations, a new age, a new resource and introduces new gameplay features!
2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2013 (PCM I) | 1st place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2015 (PCM II) | 2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2017 (PCM III)

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." - Revelation 21:5 (KJV)
TriRem
Huskarl
posted 12-16-16 08:47 AM CT (US)     25 / 34       
How could I forget Enkeli ? This guys is hilarious, don't bother with him. I wonder what he will come up with next time...

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
Dynasty_IV
Squire
posted 12-16-16 10:51 AM CT (US)     26 / 34       
Why can the units not look somewhat similar to AoC units?
AFFA the Cleric
Squire
posted 12-16-16 11:41 AM CT (US)     27 / 34       
Why can the units not look somewhat similar to AoC units?
Because, I think, FE Team had is own unique graphic style, also, I think, that the FE Graphic designer/s is/are not the same of the original ES Team!

Also just watch carefully this short video, look at the Arambit projectile, it is not a simple arrow or javelin, it is a special historic weapon used still today during some sort of historic parades, in my opinion they fit perfectly and are absolutely superb as an ingame graphics!
Dynasty_IV
Squire
posted 12-16-16 01:07 PM CT (US)     28 / 34       
It just doesn't match game there's got to be someone could make units to match

[This message has been edited by Dynasty_IV (edited 12-16-2016 @ 01:07 PM).]

AFFA the Cleric
Squire
posted 12-16-16 03:31 PM CT (US)     29 / 34       
Yes, You are simply right, but you don't think that the game is still playable whithe those graphics?!
Ivenend
Squire
posted 12-16-16 06:11 PM CT (US)     30 / 34       
Actually I like the art style of the Forgotten team bettet. And to be honest, I don't care about "match" at all, Jorgito and Achesun's units don't match the original unit graphic style at all, and they're still the top quality graphics.

AoK Unit Graphics:

RoN Unit Graphics:
Landsknechts
AFFA the Cleric
Squire
posted 12-16-16 06:17 PM CT (US)     31 / 34       
I completely agree with you Sir!

Inddeed, in my own mod I'm mixing a bit those styles, and they seems to fit quite good all together! I simply like all of them!
Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 12-23-16 03:32 PM CT (US)     32 / 34       
Now they've added .dat support, that's pretty awesome.

Can we add completely new units/objects etc too though?
TriRem
Huskarl
posted 12-26-16 07:53 PM CT (US)     33 / 34       
We can add new units, techs and stuff, but it is currently buggy, new graphics ID don't show up in game so that's quite a problem. And no adding civs will always be sad.

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
liomii
Squire
posted 08-29-17 05:56 AM CT (US)     34 / 34       
Can _D dead units be unhidden? I am having trouble with doing this and was told over a year ago it was because of a lack of dat support.
I want the dead units for scenario design, nothing more. Other hidden units show up, just not dead units.
Also is there a list of hidden units for AK/Forgotten and rise of rajas?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames