You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.41 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » What project are you working on?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What project are you working on?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Dark_Aro
Squire
posted 11-30-02 00:48 AM CT (US)         
Descriptive title, don't you think ?

Just wondering what projects everyone is working on. I know some of them, and three for sure--

When Darkness Stands Still 40% complete

Robin Hood (title unknown so far) 7% complete

AoKH Communal Campaign Usurping (title unknown ) % complete who knows

Just want to know what single player/campaign/multiplayer/utility scenarios I can expect to see in a while .

DARK_ARO ¤¤¤¤¤ Dragon Gaming Design Network | Age of Kings Heaven Forums ¤¤¤¤¤
Dragon Gaming Design Network Administrator | Multiplayer Custom Scenario Night Member
dark_aro@dgdn.net | "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
My Projects: AoK-- When Darkness Stands Still ~40% Robin Hood Legends ~17%
My Recommendations

[This message has been edited by Dark_Aro (edited 11-30-2002 @ 00:49 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
NightNecromancer
Squire
posted 11-30-02 01:33 AM CT (US)     1 / 41       
I not working that much on my campaigns.....

Pleasure's Enmity....Doing Map Design and Research I can't say a mathematical measure on how complete I am on it....You can't expect it to be recent.....

Communal Campaign.....pretty much idle on that, Everyone's focusing on that avidgamers site....

Not on AOK but updating that Research Treasury.....

That's pretty much all......

EDIT: Ugh... I did a double negative...

_____________VIight VIecromancer »»»»»»»»»__________________________The Nocturnal Numina of Necromancy ~¤
»»»»»»¤¤Terms of Service »»»»»»¤¤AoK Heavens »»»»»»¤¤AoK Forums »»»»»»¤¤MCSN »»»»»»¤¤The Research Treasury
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
"The most important trait an artist in games industry can have is ambition" - Steven Thompson, Gas Powered Games

[This message has been edited by NightNecromancer (edited 11-30-2002 @ 12:25 PM).]

Moogle
Squire
posted 11-30-02 01:45 AM CT (US)     2 / 41       
Beowulf
Probably 67% complete the first scenario.

+----------+ Completed Projects +----------+
//- Realistic Eroded Rivers -//
+----------+ Projects in Progress +----------+
[-+ Age of Kings Heaven Communal Campaign +-]

Envision
Squire
posted 11-30-02 01:50 AM CT (US)     3 / 41       
Hi all,

I'm new here to the forum. I've been here for a while through searching and reading you guys threads and articles. Now I've decided to register and start posting ...anyway, I created some multiplayer scenarios mostly rpg games...my current project is TTF 3: The Horse Race....if anyone has any cool idea for the new event please let me know and I will of course give you credit for that...I currently have 10 new events to play in TTF3...I'm looking for more events but still thinking hard.....hope u guys can help me out too...thanks

xavill
Squire
posted 11-30-02 02:51 AM CT (US)     4 / 41       
I´ve just finished another scenario of an old project bout the history of the templars. It´s called: The Revenge of the Templars.
I´m going to submit it to the blacksmith this weekend. It´s the spanish version. I will begin to translate it into english next week, and i believe that in Christmas it will be finished and submitted in english.
HawkeyeL781
Squire
posted 11-30-02 02:51 AM CT (US)     5 / 41       
Im working on "The Final Kingdom". Im about 50% done with the map design of the first scenario. Luckly most of the maps use the same map.
Surge
Squire
(id: Lt_Surge99)
posted 11-30-02 07:42 AM CT (US)     6 / 41       
"Purgatory"

1 map totally complete (except triggers)
2,3 under construction

It will start from China, from there it will drive to Britain, then Spain, and finally South-America

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
LKS_Lawngnome
Squire
(id: CoRk_Lawngnome)
posted 11-30-02 10:09 AM CT (US)     7 / 41       
Untitled I need a title

Map Design 50%
Triggers 10%

First scenario of campaign. It's an Rpg. Kinda of Middle-Earth theme. (orcs, elves, humans)

Cespenar
Squire
posted 11-30-02 10:39 AM CT (US)     8 / 41       
The Last Guardian

Map design 95%
Triggers 40%

It's a fantasy RPG about war, hate and love. Just one big scenario. If I continue to work in this pace, I will finish it in 2005... or later. Hope there is some one around here when it's finished.

[This message has been edited by Cespenar (edited 11-30-2002 @ 10:40 AM).]

The Editorbuilder
Squire
posted 11-30-02 11:12 AM CT (US)     9 / 41       
Zelda
Triggers: 75%
Map design: 40%

when out?

Nobody knows

Download the Trigger Trick guide v2.0 ID 344
Creator of the Return of the Mummy series id 715 :: Zelda sneak preview ::
Newest project: The World of Zelda
zyxomma100
Squire
posted 11-30-02 12:07 PM CT (US)     10 / 41       
Envision... I was going to create a TTF scenario, but that idea has since fallen out of my mind. I did, however, have many ideas on a sheet of paper, and I had one race finished. (It was pretty neat. )

-Scout Cavalry is in a long pathway with a deer for each player. Villager for each player is at end. Once deer is killed (must be by villager, scouts can't kill deer ), finish is allowed.
-(Any unit) is in a winding maze. At certain points, enemy sabs come out of crevices in the wall and explode at predetermined points. Your goal is to try to avoid them and get to the end.
-COBRA Car in a twisting path. There are many obstacles that will convert you. If your car is converted, you must wait to have it tasked to the beginning before you regain control.
-Hunting Wolf race- Enemy palisades appear and disappear throughout race. Target them to go faster, but if that palisade disappears... Your wolf stops.
-There are patrolling allied villagers. Your bombard cannons must attack ground to kill certain ones, opening a pathway to the exit.
-Monks must make way through obstacle course to bring respawning relics back to a set point before finishing.
-Patrolling allied VDML runs along track while enemy onagers shoot at it. Try to get throught this.
-(Any unit) must pick way through maze of locking and unlocking gates.

You could also have mini-games every five races or so.
-Everyone gets a king (start it off as a GAIA king) surrounded ny beefed up longbows. Wave after wave of enemy sabs task to your king (that's why it starts as GAIA). Last king standing wins.
-Respawning champion must kill saboteurs running along a circular track. First champ to kill all sabs wins.

I like sabs a lot.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
zyxomma100
Squire
posted 11-30-02 12:11 PM CT (US)     11 / 41       
Oh, to answer the question...

Multiplayer:
(As of yet unnamed, but it will be a complete remake of BattleBots with added features)
Map Design: 90%
Triggers: 5%?

Single Player:
The War of Fury: Part I- The Battle Unwaged
Map Design: 80%
Triggers: 3%

Danthered
Squire
posted 11-30-02 01:10 PM CT (US)     12 / 41       
Nothing better to do

Faded Glory (on hold due to exams) 1.5% complete

Daveguy_700
Squire
posted 11-30-02 01:10 PM CT (US)     13 / 41       
THE SWORD OF ARCHON

Im sure you know where the thread is, you can post a link to it.

MAP DESIGN: done!
Triggers: 50% complete

***Daveguy_700***
The Sword of Archon | Post your best jokes here! | Daveguy_700@hotmail.com | Proud member of the PW clan!
"If you choose a job you like, you do not have to work a day in your life" -umm...some...guy....
"Not all who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

STUFF
ElfTheHunter
Squire
posted 11-30-02 02:56 PM CT (US)     14 / 41       
Tribes of War (62.5%)
Aztec Rivers (100%)
Hunnic Oceans (60%)
Persian Seas (50%)
Japanese Falls (50%)

The Elven Tales (40%)
Prologue (80%)
Scn 2 (40%)
Scn 3 (0%)

ElfTheHunter [aka Shane Mackinnon]

-=Wildfire Games=-_{The Last Alliance}
------- Senior Game Designer, Lead Level Designer --------
Contact me: elfthehunter@tla.wildfiregames.com

CrystalCrown
HG Alumnus
posted 11-30-02 03:50 PM CT (US)     15 / 41       
------ (name unknown)

TYPE: Multiplayer
MAP: 100%
TRIGGER: 50%

Descriptive piece of work, don't ya think?

CRYSTALCROWN

Play OnlineBecause you really can't gloat about beating the computer.
Learn the FlushSo you don't lose every game in under 20 minutes.

It's not a post count; it's making your posts count.
Envision
Squire
posted 11-30-02 06:02 PM CT (US)     16 / 41       
To: zyxomma100

thanks for the great ideas....when I'm done with the scenario, I will ask for your help to test it out...or if I struggle with it, then you can help me out too

HG Luke
Squire
(id: Cherub Luke)
posted 11-30-02 06:32 PM CT (US)     17 / 41       
Campaigns? Hm...

Against Thee, Wickedly (on hold indefinately) - 10%

CHERUB LUKE ~ Age of Kings Heaven Forum Moderator and News Poster, HeavenGames LLC
» “Logics takes you from A to B; imagination takes you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein
» “I think; therefore, I am.” - Decartes

» Against Thee, Wickedly - Teaser (AoK:TC)
The Editorbuilder
Squire
posted 11-30-02 07:35 PM CT (US)     18 / 41       
I am still looking for a map maker

Download the Trigger Trick guide v2.0 ID 344
Creator of the Return of the Mummy series id 715 :: Zelda sneak preview ::
Newest project: The World of Zelda
TormakSaber
Squire
posted 12-01-02 00:13 AM CT (US)     19 / 41       
Check out my sig! I didn't make it all pretty so it could be ignored...

I'm working on Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, but it's kinda on hold till I catch up on some triggers, and then I'm yet another member of the AOKH Communal Campaign.

Scenario Designer

[This message has been edited by TormakSaber (edited 12-01-2002 @ 00:15 AM).]

tejon
Squire
posted 12-01-02 10:35 AM CT (US)     20 / 41       
Hi everyone!
The Viking Saga (from Norway to Vinland)
B&D campaign about the Viking migrations through the sea from Norway to Vinland.

La Reconquista
About the muslim occupation of the Iberian Peninsula (711)and the Christian reconquest.

[This message has been edited by tejon (edited 12-09-2002 @ 09:36 AM).]

Jawn Henry
Squire
posted 12-01-02 11:00 AM CT (US)     21 / 41       
Working title: Steel in my Hand, Fire in my Heart: the Rise of Litvia. (or possibly the Forging of Litvia)

Litvia is a fictional kingdom, set in eastern Europe, loosely based on the Holy Roman Empire (Germany) Hungary and Poland.

% complete: Well, look. The prologue is done, but was made in AoK straight, the map might need a little reworking. The 2nd scen is near complete, i'm playtesting to make sure all the trigs fire apropriately. I started the map for the 3rd scen (no trigs yet), and am toying around with some ideas for the 4th scen's map.
I am also working on a map that has a city and i mean city - not just a big town with lots of little houses. Multi-storied row houses will be the norm, with houses on the outskirts. And NO mod packs will be necessary for this. I hope to be able to use it in my campaign - i have an idea for it.

There will be some FF, some RPG/RPS, and some B&D.

JH

CV12 Hornet's plan-of-the-day for 26 October 1944:

"Today will be a field day! Air department dust off all overheads, removing any snoopers which may be adrift and sweep out all corners of the Philippines, sending to incinerator or throwing over the side (first punching hole in bottom) any Nip cans, APs or AKs still on topside. Gunnery department assist as necessary. Engineering, continue to pour on the coal. Medicos, stand by with heat-rash lotion. Damage Control, observe holiday routine.

[This message has been edited by Jawn Henry (edited 12-01-2002 @ 11:05 AM).]

LightningElemental
Squire
(id: CoRK_DragonYugi)
posted 12-01-02 08:36 PM CT (US)     22 / 41       
Splash Splash (continuation of moo): A love story?

It's about 15-50% done.

BLITZBALL!
Fooly Cooly
Current Projects: Final Fantasy I .4%
Look out for recruiting of future Final Fantasy games by me
Coucy
Squire
posted 12-02-02 07:46 PM CT (US)     23 / 41       
Strongbow

Story of the original conquest of Ireland by the Normans. You will control the forces of Richard FitzGilbert "Strongbow" de Clare, the leader of the Norman forces.

.001% complete

denerin_kosaiko
Squire
posted 12-03-02 01:04 AM CT (US)     24 / 41       
Well, I haven't worked on my lately, but since I have returned to the forums and plan on working on them, here:

"X" The Story of a Search
Map design: 20%
Triggers: 25%

To Explain a little of "X":
I started "X" about a month before I joined the forums, which was about four months ago. I was pretty experienced with map desgin and trigger work because of my experience with StarCraft: Brood Wars (Which I still play and make games for. Don't diss on SC: BW!).

Anyways, I had worked on "X" for about two months, half of it was mere planning, and now I am continuing and will probably vigorously work on it.

Planned Release Date: 6-7 Months

Life in Skara Brea
Map Design: 0% (I need a good map of Orkney Island!)
Triggers: 0% (Haven't started due to lack of map!)

To Explain a little of Life in Skara Brea
Well, at the beginning of this school year, our teacher taught us about Skara Brea, the paleolithic village, because it was said to be the start of civilization. Well, I was extremely interesting and payed close attention to how they seemed to have lived and what life in Skara Brea was like: Hunting, Gathering, Farming, etc.

Well, I thought, 'Hey! I could make a great AoK: TC scenario!' Well, it just so happens that my teacher had told me he'd give me buckoo extra credit for making an AoK: TC campaign/scenario with some historical significance!

WOOHOO!

Well, that is an overview of my current stuff. Sorry I type so much, I hope someone will actually take the time to read it!

Denerin Kosaiko
Creator Of: None Finished Yet
Working On: "X" - Trade Cart Racing
Founder Of Templar Creations
Zone Name: Lord_Denerin
Red Lord
Squire
posted 12-03-02 01:29 AM CT (US)     25 / 41       
USEFULL TRIGERS & OTHER - utility

TREASURE OF GLORY

crasher
Squire
posted 12-03-02 02:32 AM CT (US)     26 / 41       
Just a little notice, since this topic seems to be still around: There may be a single player fantasy b&d scenario, a one-on-one (one unit that is) hunter-killer scenario, and a christmas "present" scenario uploaded to the blacksmith soon. That is all the info I will divulge at this point.

(other than my main project)

-crasher

Moogle
Squire
posted 12-03-02 04:20 AM CT (US)     27 / 41       
@denerin_kosaiko:

Wouldn't that village idea work better as a straight AOE game?

+----------+ Completed Projects +----------+
//- Realistic Eroded Rivers -//
+----------+ Projects in Progress +----------+
[-+ Age of Kings Heaven Communal Campaign +-]

Dark_Aro
Squire
posted 12-03-02 08:32 AM CT (US)     28 / 41       
Do you guys like AoE? I thought it was nice, but the map editor is... well... triggerless .

Dragon Gaming Design Network Administrator | Multiplayer Custom Scenario Night Member
My Recommendations
JackalRat
HG Alumnus
(id: BrandNewCar)
posted 12-03-02 12:09 PM CT (US)     29 / 41       
"Tales of ol' Ankh Morpork"

Is a campaign with a series of tales, similiar in style to that of the Canterbury tales, by seperate stories for individual scenarios of the Disc's most famous city.

It is often said that all roads of the Disc lead to Ankh-Morpork's twin cities which, is incorrect all roads lead away from Ankh-Morpork.

So far there is a story about an occult clan summoning a dragon, (Almost identical to Discworld I within the constraints of AoK) which is my most worked upon scenario.

Overall this campaign aims to be the funniest release in Age of Kings ever, with many jokes in conversations, actions, results and the shear weirdness of the Discworld.

Its a big project but I hope to get it completed by around summer 2003.

Introducing such characters as Rincewind, the inept wizard who can't spell wizard.
Cohen the Barbarian and the Silver Horde
The Patrician "There isn't a good or a bad side, just bad guys on different sides."
The Loveable Street Urchin(Starfish)
Amazon Lady
The Old Beggars
The Assassin's and Assassin's Guild
The Merchant's Guild
The Shades "Curiosity not only killed the cat, it tied lead weights to its feet and chucked it in the River Ankh"

[This message has been edited by BrandNewCar (edited 12-03-2002 @ 12:10 PM).]

Dark_Aro
Squire
posted 12-03-02 12:15 PM CT (US)     30 / 41       
C0ol . I love the Cohen the Barbarian cut-scene and utility. This should be go0d .

My Recommendations
Danthered
Squire
posted 12-03-02 05:22 PM CT (US)     31 / 41       
@BrandNewCar

Are the city watch going to be a scenario?

...by the way, are there any other discworld scenarios in the blacksmith?

"Blasted Paradoxes!, They get absoloutely everywhere!" - Danthered
Current Project:None
Proud Member of DGDN
Faded Glory LARP
Completed Projects: Dark Happenings
LKS_Lawngnome
Squire
(id: CoRk_Lawngnome)
posted 12-03-02 05:34 PM CT (US)     32 / 41       

Quote:

Strongbow
Story of the original conquest of Ireland by the Normans. You will control the forces of Richard FitzGilbert "Strongbow" de Clare, the leader of the Norman forces.

.001% complete

lol, i'm reading that book for school right now, I even thought of making a campaign about it

zyxomma100
Squire
posted 12-03-02 06:06 PM CT (US)     33 / 41       
Envision...

I'd be glad to help with your scenario, but because you don't have your e-mail address publicized, I can't alk to you.

If you want, send your e-mail address to me at bizubs@prodigy.net.

JackalRat
HG Alumnus
(id: BrandNewCar)
posted 12-03-02 06:14 PM CT (US)     34 / 41       
Danthered,
Not that I know of. I released two Discworld projects thus far, "Troll Bridge v1.3" and "Dragon's Lair v1.1", Troll Bridge is in the Best of Single Player and Dragon's Lair is in the Utilities section.

The city watch.. of course their in it, an Ankh-Morpork campaign would be nothing without Captain Vimes or Nobby or even Colon at times .
denerin_kosaiko
Squire
posted 12-03-02 10:47 PM CT (US)     35 / 41       
@ Moogle

I guess it would be good as an originial AoE scenario, however, I don't have AoE (I know, I know! I'm getting the gold edition soon just for the heck of it!)!

Also, I was planning on using an Aztec Town Center for the main part of Skara Brea (Skara Brea was about the size of two standard school classrooms [I think it was two]), and maybe, just maybe, another house or to.

They didn't have windmills in Skara Brea, so the mill will be discluded. I'll have to refresh my knowledge of Skara Brea a little...

I was planning on using Archers, Militia, Skirmishers, and, of course, Villagers for the people.

Denerin Kosaiko
Creator Of: None Finished Yet
Working On: "X" - Trade Cart Racing
Founder Of Templar Creations
Zone Name: Lord_Denerin
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames