You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.246 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Rebirth of Zelda campaign.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rebirth of Zelda campaign.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
The Editorbuilder
Squire
posted 04-29-03 09:48 AM CT (US)         
Zelda Ocarina of Time - The land of Hyrule
by The Editorbuilder

I wonder how many of you still remember the beginning of this project, 1 Year ago I started it but due my summer holiday I lost intrest in Age of Kings. Now I decided to return, not as active as I used to be but still. It is a start .

And because likly only 10 tot 15 people know about this scenario I will explain it once again. + extra information.

Storyline:
You are just sleeping in your bed when suddenly something wakes you up. When you open your eyes you see a lot of light as reaction you jump out of your bed and drop out of your tree house. When you weak up again you see Saria standing next to you and again that dot of light. Only this time you see it a fairy... A fairy what is she doing at your place? Why she wants to talk to me? When you asked where she was coming for. You discovered it was you! She was looking for you!

Storyline explanation:
The story of the campaign "The World of Zelda" is not that different of the real story of zelda by Nintendo (n64). Names of cities, ranches and area's are mainly from the Nintendo game. But not all names. Most of the names are made up and some extra things on the map that I have added are ofcourse fantasy names.

Game Features:
Zelda as the most of you maybe already know is a true RPG. In the aok:tc remake it simply at RPG too. Using all kind of tricks to get the game more intresting. Most of the tricks are related to the orginal Zelda game. Some are new and not all the tricks of the consule game can be placed in the AoK version of the game. Below you will find the list of tricks I am 100% using.

Features used:

- Modpack (screens below)
- Music packs (info below)
- Exclusieve triggering (time system see trigger trick guide)
- Bottle system
- Wallet system
- Time Based events
- Time Based taunts
- Playing songs
- Upgrade your weapons
- Magic
- Rupee gathering
- Buy equipment
- Call your horse with Song
- Horse Race
- Background music

(this may seem a little old, but 1 year ago it was totally new)

Also I try (not everything) to keep the map as good as possible to Hyrule. Because Hyrule is that big I was forced to leave out some things.

Screenshots of modpack objects:

Fairies

Hyrule stone

A... well

For people that love to shop, A stand

Shop is... closed you fool, we aren't in a 24/7 economy yet!

What is that? Yes it is Link with a fairy!

Now, Smile

Well that was the modpack, but that wasn't all, we have map screens aswell check it out:

[JPEG, (259.96 KB)]
Hyrule City

[JPEG, (237.46 KB)]
Zora Domain

[JPEG, (248.18 KB)]
Temple of Time

[JPEG, (239.58 KB)]
No idea yet

[JPEG, (243.61 KB)]
Death Mountain trail

[JPEG, (258.67 KB)]
Lost woods (you can get lost)

[JPEG, (249.13 KB)]
Magical beans and road to mountain.

Sound Pack information:
2 different types of soundpacks, small and full

Soundpacksmall:
- Saria Song
- Song of Time
- Temple of Time music

Full soundpack:
- Saria Song
- Song of Time
- Temple of Time music
- Hyrule music
- Song of Fire
- Song of Water
- Song of Light
- Gerudo Vally song
- Song of Darkness
- Epona Song
perhaps added more later...

So, for the people that don't know it yet. and for the people that knew it but forgot, but also for the people that still know it, didn't forgot. What do you think

Download the Trigger Trick guide v2.0 ID 344
Creator of the Return of the Mummy series id 715 :: Zelda sneak preview ::
Newest project: The World of Zelda

[This message has been edited by The Editorbuilder (edited 04-30-2003 @ 07:49 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Zekk
Squire
posted 07-14-03 02:13 PM CT (US)     141 / 246       
I'm going to the sec it comes out! I beat the Ocornia of Time (spelled wrong I know) for N64. It was really fun.

Campagins I'm working on:
Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Dark Alliance.
Single Player Missions I'm working on: None right now.
Multi-Player lv. I'm working on: Forgotten Realms
Artifex Chalybis
Squire
posted 07-14-03 11:11 PM CT (US)     142 / 246       
Kudos for you, innovative EditorBuilder! This is by far the most detailed Hyrulian-emulative game and one game to direly anticipate for: I can tell Shigeru Miyamoto would beam at your scenario opus upon seeing his most epic N64 Zelda game magnificently and sublimly reincarnated into a 32-bit historically-focused Ensemble Studios game title!

Quoted from Zekk:

It was really fun

FUN?!?!? You can bet it was the most exhilirating N64 experiences to live for! To me, using the mere innanely hackneyed "fun" to label The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time is profane and blasphemous to such a sanctimoniously splendid epic! Of course, as always, I'm being exaggerative, but I really enjoyed that game.

...And EditorBuilder, just in case I do get addicted to your game... are you going to fabricate the realm of Termina, remaking The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask as well?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤- (\|2|¿ ƒ¢ -¤İ¤- (' ) tc((¸') þ¿§ -¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤Dexterous Damascene Deity

The Dark Wind
Squire
posted 07-15-03 00:14 AM CT (US)     143 / 246       
What happened to EB, though? I haven't seen a post of his for over a month.

OT: Is it just me, or does AC seem to use at least one word I don't know in each of his posts?

/Ż.:.:.:.ħ.:.:.:.Ż\
(~.:|>The Dark Wind<|:.~)
Proud Member of DGDN
\_.:.:.:.ħ.:.:.:._/

Lordoftherings
Squire
posted 07-15-03 11:14 AM CT (US)     144 / 246       
your right EB hasn't posted for a about a month

What something wrong with my sig?
Frogdude
Squire
posted 07-15-03 01:41 PM CT (US)     145 / 246       
Hope this comes out soon. The N64 game was... tolerable. @AC
Although the Gamecube game rox more. I wonder if someone will make a scenario based on that?

FrogdudeTM
Math Expert
Avid Player of The Awesomest Game Ever
leighn
Squire
posted 07-15-03 02:06 PM CT (US)     146 / 246       
doent EB only work on these things in the winter and autum i thought

‡ ŁĒĮĢĦŊ ‡
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
(¯`·._.Member of Tundra Studios/ A spire labs division._.·´¯)
{¯`·._.Modern Mod Total Conversion._.·´¯}

upcoming ATC Activity attending:
-Flying-
Cknchaos
Designer Extraordinaire
posted 07-15-03 02:25 PM CT (US)     147 / 246       
Come to think of it.I have'nt seen EB since I returned.

Tsunami's most notorious designer
Artifex Chalybis
Squire
posted 07-15-03 03:32 PM CT (US)     148 / 246       

Quoted from Frogdude:

Although the Gamecube game rox more

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker??? I haven't played that game yet, sadly. Indeed, I know its cell-shaded graphics made a poor impression at E3, but I've heard it has astounding gameplay and am willing to try it in non-AoK form. I'm lucky that hasn't come out yet in EditorBuilder version.

BTW, by saying the game was tolerable means you're belittling a game that had won Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences Awards, f00. Wut has Wind Waker achieved compared to that?

P.S.: EB I forgot to welcome you! lol... Welcome Back.

[This message has been edited by Artifex Chalybis (edited 07-15-2003 @ 03:44 PM).]

Cknchaos
Designer Extraordinaire
posted 07-15-03 09:46 PM CT (US)     149 / 246       

Quote:

P.S.: EB I forgot to welcome you! lol... Welcome Back.

Wha?Where?

Tsunami's most notorious designer
Zekk
Squire
posted 07-16-03 02:04 AM CT (US)     150 / 246       
Wind Walker looks and palyes really sucky! Orcarina of Time is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo* 5 years later*oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That game is so Fun, cool, awesome, bunch of other good words.

Campagins I'm working on:
Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Dark Alliance.
Single Player Missions I'm working on: None right now.
Multi-Player lv. I'm working on: Forgotten Realms
leighn
Squire
posted 07-16-03 04:41 AM CT (US)     151 / 246       
the wind walker looks really bad it doesnt have the realistic feel The orarina of time has.

‡ ŁĒĮĢĦŊ ‡
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
(¯`·._.Member of Tundra Studios/ A spire labs division._.·´¯)
{¯`·._.Modern Mod Total Conversion._.·´¯}

upcoming ATC Activity attending:
-Flying-
TOAO_DaVe
Squire
(id: Tonto_DaVe)
posted 07-16-03 05:55 AM CT (US)     152 / 246       
Last time I saw EB post, he said that he was having his exams, though, that really was a long time ago...
Artifex Chalybis
Squire
posted 07-16-03 05:40 PM CT (US)     153 / 246       

Quoted from leighn:

the wind walker looks really bad it doesnt have the realistic feel The orarina of time has.

Truedat. Besides, AoK was intended to be realistic, not an animesque caricature.

Quoted from Tonto_Dave:

Last time I saw EB post, he said that he was having his exams, though, that really was a long time ago

Was that this spring?! Why did he have exams at that time?

[This message has been edited by Artifex Chalybis (edited 07-16-2003 @ 05:43 PM).]

fede_histpop
Squire
posted 07-17-03 05:10 AM CT (US)     154 / 246       
He finished his exams the 13th of june, iirc. In every case now it's not them that are holding him back... let's wait until his return...

.: Fede_histpop 0 A.D. historian, game designer and scenario designer :.
.: working on TLA Map Editor :.

Co-founder and leader of Historiae Populorum

-DGDN member and Admin-

TOAO_DaVe
Squire
(id: Tonto_DaVe)
posted 07-17-03 07:46 AM CT (US)     155 / 246       
Is that a sig change, Fede?
LinkTheValiant
Squire
posted 08-12-03 11:14 AM CT (US)     156 / 246       
It's been about a month since this was last updated. I thought that maybe the new guys at AoKH might like to know about it. Has anyone seen EB anywhere?

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
I'm proud to be an American, a citizen of the the greatest country in the world.
Even though it is not against the law to flame, I still consider it very annoying and offensive. Besides, it wastes bandwidth.-aoegolfer
One of my special talents is the ability to make anyone believe what I want him to believe, including myself.
musiclover482
Banned
posted 08-12-03 03:09 PM CT (US)     157 / 246       
I'm very amazed at that modpack!!!!!! I left my jaw down for about 15 seconds when I saw that picture icon of Link!!
musiclover482
Banned
posted 08-12-03 05:59 PM CT (US)     158 / 246       
When did you start making this scenario?
Frogdude
Squire
posted 08-12-03 06:27 PM CT (US)     159 / 246       

Quote:

Wind Walker looks and palyes really sucky!

Never heard of it. Also, I have no idea what the verb "palyes" means.
Although if you mean "Wind Waker," I wonder what depths of despair and mortal torment have broken you to such a pitiable extent that you disapprove of Wind Waker. The graphics are smoother and generally easier on the eyes than those of such notable games as Ocarina of Time, plus the Great Fairies don't make me mute the game every time I find one. As for game play, it is not that different from Ocarina. Differences I can think of right now include that
  • You can throw objects you are holding while standing still.
  • You can drop objects while moving.
  • When facing a block you can grab it even if you are still pointing the control stick forward, instead of jumping on the block (That was one of the really annoying things about Ocarina).
  • Switching to/from different types of arrows is SO much easier and much faster (press the R button with an arrow drawn, instead of having to pull up a menu and select the type of arrow you wish to fire).
  • When you press the "B" button with your sword in its sheath, you draw it only, instead of drawing and slashing, which slows you down if, for example, you are running away from an enemy and want to turn around and slash it.
  • You can't swim around forever without drowning. Seriously, in Ocarina you could swim laps around Lake Hylia forever with out getting tired.
  • There is the uber-cool parry attack.

And that's just off the top of my head.
    Not to say that Ocarina isn't cool. It rules, although it is WAY too easy. Fortunately, the Gamecube remake allows you to choose either the standard game or the Master Quest version, where all the dungeons are a lot harder (I lost a life on the first one because of all the bugs that keep dropping off the ceiling. There are like a million of them, plus I lost my shield once to a stupid burning bat).

FrogdudeTM
    Math Expert
    Avid Player of The Awesomest Game Ever
  • Lordoftherings
    Squire
    posted 08-13-03 01:14 PM CT (US)     160 / 246       
    yeah I think I must agree evan though I love ocarina of time

What something wrong with my sig?
    musiclover482
    Banned
    posted 08-13-03 02:52 PM CT (US)     161 / 246       
    Why isn't anyone answering my qustions in this thread?
    fede_histpop
    Squire
    posted 08-13-03 06:45 PM CT (US)     162 / 246       
    We don't know when exactly The Editorbuilder started working, and now he's not there, so...

.: Fede_histpop 0 A.D. historian, game designer and scenario designer :.
    .: working on TLA Map Editor :.

Co-founder and leader of Historiae Populorum

-DGDN member and Admin-

Elf vrs Orc
    Squire
    posted 10-08-03 05:01 AM CT (US)     163 / 246       
    WKOSIT!!!!!!!!! is this guy DEAD or something or did he just feel like quiting his campaign and disapeared to not get attention LOL. i want this cpn to be done so badly.

"I'd rather have a German Division in front of me than a French one behind." -- General Patton --

"I do not fear an army of lions, if they are led by a lamb. "I do fear an army of sheep, if they are led by a lion." -- Alexander the Great --
    “ Old soldiers never die; they just fade away.” -- General Douglas MacArthur --

LinkTheValiant
    Squire
    posted 10-08-03 12:00 PM CT (US)     164 / 246       
    I know, I want it done as badly as you, but nobody seems to know where EB is.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
    I'm proud to be an American, a citizen of the the greatest country in the world.
    Even though it is not against the law to flame, I still consider it very annoying and offensive. Besides, it wastes bandwidth.-aoegolfer
    One of my special talents is the ability to make anyone believe what I want him to believe, including myself.
    rayoflightsword
    Squire
    posted 10-09-03 10:47 PM CT (US)     165 / 246       
    DONT TELL ME HE DISSAPEARED AGAIN!

I've been diying to play this campaign since I first heard of it!

(¯`·._.~RayofLightSword~._.·´¯)
    (¯`·._.~Official Unnofficial Forum Uber-1337 King of +1~._.·´¯)
    "The Goddess Fortune is the devil's servant, ready to kiss anyone's ass".-William Blake
    crasher
    Squire
    posted 10-10-03 01:30 AM CT (US)     166 / 246       
    Don't worry kids, I can guarantee that it will be out SOME day, you just have to have patience. Editorbuilder's one of the older designers around here, so he knows what he's doing and he'll find time when he can. You don't plan on going anywere, do you? Sit tight and you'll see it soon enough.

And maybe email would be a wiser choice to get his attention, if you think he'll come around and start designing if you bug him enough. It's possible!

The Dark Wind
    Squire
    posted 10-10-03 06:05 PM CT (US)     167 / 246       
    Am I the only one who found links to hentai on the website listed as the homepage in The Editorbuilder's profile?

/Ż.:.:.:.ħ.:.:.:.Ż\
    (~.:|>The Dark Wind<|:.~)
    Proud Member of DGDN
    \_.:.:.:.ħ.:.:.:._/

rayoflightsword
    Squire
    posted 10-10-03 10:36 PM CT (US)     168 / 246       

Quoted from Crasher:

Don't worry kids, I can guarantee that it will be out SOME day, you just have to have patience. Editorbuilder's one of the older designers around here, so he knows what he's doing and he'll find time when he can. You don't plan on going anywere, do you? Sit tight and you'll see it soon enough.
    And maybe email would be a wiser choice to get his attention, if you think he'll come around and start designing if you bug him enough. It's possible!

(Mischiviously)

Yeah,maybe. He,he,he.

"The Goddess Fortune is the devil's servant, ready to kiss anyone's ass".-William Blake
    rayoflightsword
    Squire
    posted 10-10-03 10:41 PM CT (US)     169 / 246       
    Even so, there could be other things that are keeping EB from finishing Zelda such as this examples:

He's been murdered.

He fell ill and died.

He was kidnapped.

He lost interest in AoK during his summer vacations.

He died in a car crash.

And there can be loads more.

qaz123tfg
    Squire
    posted 10-11-03 01:14 AM CT (US)     170 / 246       
    I made a mod of the link unit, and a mod with eye candy from The Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past. The eye candy mod has a lot of rpg stuff; pendants, links house, the fortune teller, red medicine, the witches hut, ect.

Here's the link unit mod
    http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/php/getfile.php3?type=Mods&id=491

Here's the zelda eye candy mod
    http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/php/getfile.php3?type=Mods&id=490

Here's a screen shot:

http://www.geocities.com/modsby007/link1.html

Feel free to make a scenario based on it.

rayoflightsword
    Squire
    posted 10-11-03 10:44 AM CT (US)     171 / 246       
    Is the eye-candy mod in aks format?

Surge
    Squire
    (id: Lt_Surge99)
    posted 10-11-03 10:47 AM CT (US)     172 / 246       
    Rayoflightsword; What are you saying? Allah korusun =|

You shouldn't make that kinds of jokes about people!

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
    rayoflightsword
    Squire
    posted 10-11-03 10:53 AM CT (US)     173 / 246       
    Hey, if you mean my post about what happened to EB it's
    no joke, all that stuff CAN happen.

musiclover482
    Banned
    posted 10-15-03 07:34 PM CT (US)     174 / 246       
    I'll add to that list:

He died of a heartattack.

He fell asleep and died.

Someone shot him in the brain.

Someone shot him in the heart.

Someone shot him in the legs.

He gots sliced in half by a shark.

The sun burned him and he died or is in critical "condition". (get it? haha!)

He played AOE2 so much, he fainted (for a long time) or even died.

He got burned as an audience in the curcus of flames.

Someone teased him and he felt so bad that he committed suicide.

The lonely moon made an "effect" on him. (funny, funny!)

He met a Frankish Paladin and it killed him.

He had cancer.

Dark_Warrior_1_
    Squire
    posted 10-15-03 07:48 PM CT (US)     175 / 246       
    Come on, this isn't a thread to list possible causes of death.

If you have a question for EB e-mail him.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames