You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.84 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Game of the Year 2007 - Voting Finished
Bottom
Topic Subject:Game of the Year 2007 - Voting Finished
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Lord Basse
MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
posted 12-31-07 07:48 PM CT (US)         

Welcome to the GotY, the Blacksmith version of FotY... kinda. In this election of sorts, we vote for what games posted in the Blacksmith this year that have been the best, had the best story, best design, best music etc. Now onto the rules.

RULES

• You may only vote for files uploaded to the Blacksmith in 2007, no earlier or later files.
  • You may not vote for any of your own files, or files where you've taken part in designing
  • Post your entire ballot in one post. You may not change it after the deadline and you may not make new posts to edit your ballot, just edit the old post.
  • You may vote for any number of campaigns/scenarios for each cathegory, they will all receive one point. Same goes for the designer-based cathegories.
  • You may vote for entries to various competitions, such as the ACSC and DtSC.
  • When you vote, be sure to get the authour's name into the ballot. Example: "The Blabla bla game - by BlaBlaMan"

BALLOT

The Cathegories are following

Best Playability

Best Story

Best Scenery/Design

Best Score (music and soundeffects)

Best Minigame

Best Cut-Scene

Best Multiplayer Scenario

Design of the Year

Best Newcomer

Most Improved Designer

The Best Newcomer means best new designer. This must be a designer that released his first project in 2007. He doesn't neccesarily have to have joined the site this year. Most improved goes for any designer, old or new, that has improved their design during the year. Design of the Year is the design(s) you think have been the absolutely best of the year, in all cathegories. Just as in the FotY, the total ammount of points will show the Design of the Year, but your opinions will be a separate cathegory, just as in the FotY.

VOTING

You may vote until midnight between January 25th and 26th, forum time. Ballots submitted on the 26th and later will not be counted.
The results will be posted in a separate thread after counting the ballots. The cathegory winners will be revealed with a day between each revealing, having 3-5 revealings every day. I'll get more into this part when it's time for it.

So get voting now. NOW!

Banner made by newIdea

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 01-21-2008 @ 09:59 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Lord Basse
posted 01-09-08 08:40 AM CT (US)     36 / 84       
It's great to see the new ballots! Keep 'em coming folks

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
Stephen Richards
Squire
posted 01-09-08 08:43 AM CT (US)     37 / 84       
I don't think I've played that many games from 2007 so I'm not sure about voting. There have been some good ones though, but I'm sure plenty more good ones I haven't played (yet).
Did you win it on 'moderate' difficulty, its the toughest difficulty in that scenario.
I take it that's a typo?!

Anyway, nuch improved set-up Basse.
John Mendl
Squire
posted 01-09-08 10:28 AM CT (US)     38 / 84       
Stephen, no. Siege of Medieburg has that particular charactateristic. There is no difficulty dynamics, meaning that Standard AI when starting from Castle/Imperial Age performs better on 'moderate' difficulty. It attacks way too often than on 'hard'. Nice find huh?
Lord Basse
posted 01-09-08 01:25 PM CT (US)     39 / 84       
I don't think I've played that many games from 2007 so I'm not sure about voting. There have been some good ones though, but I'm sure plenty more good ones I haven't played (yet).
Vote for those you have played then, it does make a diffense to the final scores

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 01-09-08 01:48 PM CT (US)     40 / 84       
I will post a ballot soon, however incomplete it may be.

Does an Unseasonal Tale count as a minigame?

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
Lord Basse
posted 01-09-08 01:55 PM CT (US)     41 / 84       
Depends on what you think of when you say minimap; the map isn't extra small but the gameplay is short and centered around a single event, like a short story, so I'd say it is a minigame.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
Lord Basse
posted 01-12-08 01:23 PM CT (US)     42 / 84       
Eight days left.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
Andanu T
Squire
posted 01-13-08 01:10 AM CT (US)     43 / 84       
@John Mendl:
Firstly, I'll have to question Basse. We don't have to fully complete a scenario before we cast a vote here, right?

I've played your scenario, John, and although I didn't play it to the end, I think it deserve to be on the list. It's entertaining, and proves to be quite a challenge. So, I voted for it.

The same goes for some of my other nominations.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-
StormWind Studios

-:|:- Fight Against Fate -:|:- Zegrelandia -:|:- Eternal Moon -:|:- Current Project -:|:-

[This message has been edited by Andanu T (edited 01-13-2008 @ 01:12 AM).]

John Mendl
Squire
posted 01-13-08 02:12 AM CT (US)     44 / 84       
@Andanu:
Thanks. The same is my situation. I have played many scenarios/campaigns most of which I haven't completed. We should be allowed to vote even for scenarios without fully playing them. Otherwise...My situation is in......?
Stephen Richards
Squire
posted 01-13-08 08:14 AM CT (US)     45 / 84       
Vote for those you have played then, it does make a difference to the final scores
Thanks for clearing that up Basse, I was going to vote for stuff I hadn't played but now I know better!

Here are my votes which reflect that most of the stuff I've played from the BS recently has been older so I'm sure I've left out some good stuff which I will get round to, eg I always like Jas's designs, I see he's continued to be admirably prolific but I haven't yet played any of his 2007 designs. Had I done so I've no doubt they would be here too.
You may not vote for any of your own files, or files where you've taken part in designing
A number of voters have generously co-credited me for Chrombasia and Halfdan. My view is that I took no part in designing so I have voted for them. If you disagree Basse please let me know and we can remove them (which will leave my ballot very thin indeed!)

Best Playability
- Chrombasia - The Two Relics, by aMa & Stephen Richards
- Piece by Piece (Episode One), by SD Community
- ~~ The Prophecy ~~, by Silver Serpent
- Halfdan and the inheritance of the Ynglings, by Günther Zengerle & Stephen Richards
- The Siege Of Medieburg - 1297, by John Mendl
- When the Wheel Breaks ~ Chapter 1: The Prophecy ~, by Ingo Van Thiel
- General Targon (demo), by EstebanF
- Persian campaign, by Roelaboela
- German (Goth) campaign, by Roelaboela

Best Story
- ACSC07 - The Old Man And The Sea, by matty12345
- Halfdan and the inheritance of the Ynglings, by Günther Zengerle & Stephen Richards

Best Scenery/Design

Best Score

Best Cut-Scene
- ACSC07 - The Old Man And The Sea, by matty12345

Design of the Year

Best Newcomer
Silver Serpent
John Mendl
John Mendl
Squire
posted 01-13-08 08:21 AM CT (US)     46 / 84       
Thanks, Stephen Richards. Its good to see that many people enjoy my scenario.
Carlos Ferdinand
Squire
posted 01-13-08 08:31 AM CT (US)     47 / 84       
I played too less scenarios. I probably wont be voting.

Anyway, cast your votes and let me see what all are the good scenarios.

CARLOS FERDINAND 2-- THE MEDITERRANEAN DRIZZLE

MY GOTH MEN-AT-ARMS STRATEGY
CARLOS FERDINAND - 1. A KINGDOM'S DAWN

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire
VonCorgath
Squire
posted 01-14-08 06:40 AM CT (US)     48 / 84       
Interesting to see the many similarites in everyone's ballots. I'll post mine soon, probably tomorrow.
Lord Basse
posted 01-14-08 09:50 AM CT (US)     49 / 84       
A number of voters have generously co-credited me for Chrombasia and Halfdan. My view is that I took no part in designing so I have voted for them. If you disagree Basse please let me know and we can remove them
No no, I dont disagree. You didnt take part in the actual making of the scenario, only some afterwork, so it's okay.
We don't have to fully complete a scenario before we cast a vote here, right?
Not neccesarily, no, but doing it is a plus.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 01-14-2008 @ 09:51 AM).]

RS Greo0
Squire
posted 01-16-08 07:48 AM CT (US)     50 / 84       
I have to go to sleep soon so im going to make this as short as possible

Best Playability
- German (Goth) campaign, by Roelaboela

Best Mutli-Player
Prefose 24 - ???
TSO - newIdea
A Pirates Life - Impeached

Best Mini-Game
Guard - ???

Best Story

Best Scenery/Design

Best Score

Best Cut-Scene
Never Watched Any [=-.-=]

Design of the Year

Best Newcomer
Silver Serpent
John Mendl
Andan T (Im horrible with name's especially when sleep deprived)
ZayanK

too many bad memories. I hate the name too.
one new account off the production line

[This message has been edited by RS Greo0 (edited 01-16-2008 @ 06:15 PM).]

Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
posted 01-16-08 08:48 AM CT (US)     51 / 84       
I only am mentioning 3 or less, so here goes:

Best Playability
WTWB
Atlantis: the lost realm (Jatayu)
The Prophecy (Silver Serpent)

Best Story
WTWB
47 Ronin (zayank)
An Unseasonal Tale (Julius)

Best Scenery/Design
Chrombasia-the two relics (PS: thanks to Stephen Richards for his unselfish work of translating some of these jems we are missing out on).
WTWB

Best Score
nothing stood out here to me (thinking...)

Best Cut-Scene...aka The Old Man and the Sea
Shadows after Sunset: Ominous Silence (by Julius)

bst minigame
An Unseasonal Tale

Design of the Year
- WTWB
- Chrombasia

least noobish noob designer
Silver Serpent (rather obvious choice)
Zayank

Most improved designer
Jatayu
Basset Hound

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king

[This message has been edited by matty12345 (edited 01-16-2008 @ 04:01 PM).]

Jatayu
Squire
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
posted 01-16-08 09:33 AM CT (US)     52 / 84       
An unseasonal tale is not by me and prophecy is spelled wrong

This should be extended for a few more days.

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
posted 01-16-08 03:52 PM CT (US)     53 / 84       
See now, you two with your "J" names are so confusing.

I gave you enough votes as it was anyhow. I will edit that now.

Scud
Primus inter pares
posted 01-16-08 05:52 PM CT (US)     54 / 84       
See now, you two with your "J" names are so confusing.
I am started to be quoted now, great.

As much as I would love to vote, the fact remains I have played so little from the Blacksmith in the past year my ballot would not give a clear and balanced view and thus should not be taken into account when working out a majority vote.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
Stephen Richards
Squire
posted 01-16-08 06:40 PM CT (US)     55 / 84       
Interesting to see the many similarites in everyone's ballots.
Yes, but I think it might be odd if we were all voting for different things.
As much as I would love to vote, the fact remains I have played so little from the Blacksmith in the past year my ballot would not give a clear and balanced view and thus should not be taken into account when working out a majority vote.
My sentiments exactly but Basse bullied/cajoled me into voting so I don't see why you shouldn't too!

matty: thank you.

[This message has been edited by Stephen Richards (edited 01-16-2008 @ 06:41 PM).]

Dantares IV
Squire
posted 01-16-08 06:45 PM CT (US)     56 / 84       
the fact remains I have played so little from the Blacksmith in the past year
Shame Scud; you missed out.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
Scud
Primus inter pares
posted 01-16-08 06:46 PM CT (US)     57 / 84       
Shame Scud; you missed out.
Well what I have played has been very good, but I have been lacking on time. Well once the results are in I'll be sure to download the winners.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia

[This message has been edited by Scud (edited 01-16-2008 @ 06:49 PM).]

Carlos Ferdinand
Squire
posted 01-17-08 03:35 AM CT (US)     58 / 84       
I would like people to post very different ballots.

so that my scenario comes in one of them

CARLOS FERDINAND 2-- THE MEDITERRANEAN DRIZZLE

MY GOTH MEN-AT-ARMS STRATEGY
CARLOS FERDINAND - 1. A KINGDOM'S DAWN

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire
Lord Basse
posted 01-18-08 08:39 AM CT (US)     59 / 84       
This should be extended for a few more days.
If people need the time, I'm willing to extend the deadline to the 25th, but no longer. I want to have this finished before February. This mainly because our biggest tests in school start popping up then and the keep going pretty much until May.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
John Mendl
Squire
posted 01-18-08 09:08 AM CT (US)     60 / 84       
Best Playability
1. Halfdan and the Inheritance of the Ynglings [by] Gunther Zengerle and Stephen Richards
2. Atlantis - The lost Realm [by] Sword_of_STORM (Jatayu)

Best Story
1. Atlantis - The lost Realm [by] Sword_of_STORM (Jatayu)
2. The Prophecy [by] Silver Serpent

Best Scenery/Design
1. Halfdan and the Inheritance of the Ynglings [by] Gunther Zengerle and Stephen Richards

Best Score (music and soundeffects)
1. The Prophecy [by] Silver Serpent

Best Minigame
1. Sounds of the Huffies [by] Turty
2. An Eskimo Tale [by] Sword_of_STORM (Jatayu)

Best Cut-Scene
1. Jones Blond and the Ultimate Mission [by] Lord Basse
2. Fight Against Fate - Prologue [by] Andanu T

Best Newcomer
1. Silver Serpent
2. Andanu T

Most Improved Designer
1. Silver Serpent
2. Sword_of_STORM
3. Andanu T
morgoth bauglir
Squire
posted 01-18-08 12:54 PM CT (US)     61 / 84       
We are a democracy, well, sorta, so who wants to vote, may, and who doesn't, may as well... but they'll probably not. But they may. Which they won't.
Lord Basse
posted 01-18-08 01:15 PM CT (US)     62 / 84       
Precisely.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
ForGreat_Justice
Squire
posted 01-18-08 02:28 PM CT (US)     63 / 84       
Ahhh... I see what ya mean Quaazi I'm sure that people will now understand much better .

[This message has been edited by ForGreat_Justice (edited 01-18-2008 @ 03:12 PM).]

Lord Basse
posted 01-19-08 01:14 PM CT (US)     64 / 84       
The deadline is tomorrow, unless you want it extended by five days.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
Tlaloc2
Squire
posted 01-19-08 02:16 PM CT (US)     65 / 84       
I didn't play many maps of the blacksmith, but I think a little vote is better than none.

Best Playability
Halfdan and the Inheritance of the Ynglings [by] Günter Zengerle and Stephen Richards
Chrombasia [by] aMa
The Revenge of the Templars [by] Xavill
Brelda the Hun, [by] S_M_T
James Scout II [by] S_M_T

Best Story
Halfdan and the Inheritance of the Ynglings [by] Günter Zengerle and Stephen Richards
Chrombasia [by] aMa
When the Wheel breaks [by] Ingo van Thiel

Best Scenery/Design
When the Wheel breaks [by] Ingo van Thiel

Best Minigame
Death on the Nile [by] Jatayu

Best Cut-Scene
Eternal Moon - Prologue [by] Andanu T
The Old Man and the Sea [by] matty12345

It's obvious that I played many German maps... ;-)
John Mendl
Squire
posted 01-21-08 03:48 AM CT (US)     66 / 84       
Lord Basse, Please extend the deadline. Not many people have voted. I would like Tanneur to vote! And of course many other people.

This must be put up in the news. FOTY was put up, and I think this is equally important. So this, deserves to be put up in the news!

I am sory (one 'r' is deliberately cut off) if my ballot seems too short. Its because I haven't played many scenarios submitted this year.
Lord Basse
posted 01-21-08 09:58 AM CT (US)     67 / 84       
Seems fair enough. I too want to see Tanneur vote, as well as a whole heap of other that hasn't done it yet
The Revenge of the Templars [by] Xavill
Wont be counted since it wasn't made in 2007.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
Julius999
Imposter
posted 01-21-08 10:16 AM CT (US)     68 / 84       
Incidentally you should check through all the ballots, as there's a lot of voting for things that don't qualify for that category.

I'd vote but I'd basically be repeating what other people have said. And I've only played a small amount from 2007.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 01-21-08 06:21 PM CT (US)     69 / 84       
Hopefully there will be an even wider range of good scenarios this year!

Oh, come on Jules! Just for the sake of voting!
Lord Basse
posted 01-23-08 01:54 PM CT (US)     70 / 84       
2 days left. Come on people! Vote, vote, VOTE!
Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear? - Catch 22
I found that book, to my surprise, in our school library. Just started reading it and it's good so far. The language used is wonderful

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames