You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.84 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Game of the Year 2007 - Voting Finished
Bottom
Topic Subject:Game of the Year 2007 - Voting Finished
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Lord Basse
MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
posted 12-31-07 07:48 PM CT (US)         

Welcome to the GotY, the Blacksmith version of FotY... kinda. In this election of sorts, we vote for what games posted in the Blacksmith this year that have been the best, had the best story, best design, best music etc. Now onto the rules.

RULES

• You may only vote for files uploaded to the Blacksmith in 2007, no earlier or later files.
  • You may not vote for any of your own files, or files where you've taken part in designing
  • Post your entire ballot in one post. You may not change it after the deadline and you may not make new posts to edit your ballot, just edit the old post.
  • You may vote for any number of campaigns/scenarios for each cathegory, they will all receive one point. Same goes for the designer-based cathegories.
  • You may vote for entries to various competitions, such as the ACSC and DtSC.
  • When you vote, be sure to get the authour's name into the ballot. Example: "The Blabla bla game - by BlaBlaMan"

BALLOT

The Cathegories are following

Best Playability

Best Story

Best Scenery/Design

Best Score (music and soundeffects)

Best Minigame

Best Cut-Scene

Best Multiplayer Scenario

Design of the Year

Best Newcomer

Most Improved Designer

The Best Newcomer means best new designer. This must be a designer that released his first project in 2007. He doesn't neccesarily have to have joined the site this year. Most improved goes for any designer, old or new, that has improved their design during the year. Design of the Year is the design(s) you think have been the absolutely best of the year, in all cathegories. Just as in the FotY, the total ammount of points will show the Design of the Year, but your opinions will be a separate cathegory, just as in the FotY.

VOTING

You may vote until midnight between January 25th and 26th, forum time. Ballots submitted on the 26th and later will not be counted.
The results will be posted in a separate thread after counting the ballots. The cathegory winners will be revealed with a day between each revealing, having 3-5 revealings every day. I'll get more into this part when it's time for it.

So get voting now. NOW!

Banner made by newIdea

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 01-21-2008 @ 09:59 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Julius999
Imposter
posted 01-23-08 02:24 PM CT (US)     71 / 84       
I was just a little younger than you when I read it, and I'm impressed you're coping. Maybe now you know why I like it so much.

Thanks to matty and anyone else who has voted for me, I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to bother.

My ballot (so far as it exists):

Best Playability:
When The Wheel Breaks

Best Story:
When The Wheel Breaks

Best Scenery/Design:
When The Wheel Breaks

Best Score (music and soundeffects):
When The Wheel Breaks
Halfdan

Best Minigame:
Death on the Nile
Being Kept In A Low Comfortable Prison By Very Unnice Persons

Best Cut-Scene:
ACSC07 - The 47 Ronin

Design of the Year:
When The Wheel Breaks

Best Newcomer:
Silver Serpent

Most Improved Designer:
matty12345
Lord Basse

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios

[This message has been edited by Julius999 (edited 01-23-2008 @ 02:31 PM).]

Lord Basse
posted 01-25-08 12:24 PM CT (US)     72 / 84       
Voting closes at midnight, tonight, forum time. Those of you who haven't voted yet, get your ballots together and post them before it's too late!

Results will be revealed on Monday.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
Jas the Mace1
Squire
posted 01-25-08 03:24 PM CT (US)     73 / 84       
Plenty of time left......

Best Playabilty
Halfdan and the Inher.....
Chrombrasia
PbP & PbP2
WWB
DTI4
The Prophecy

Best Story
Halfdan and the....
Chrombrasia
WWB
PbP & 2

Best Scenery/Design
Halfdan
Chrombrasia
PbP
WWB

Design of the year
Halfdan

Best Newcomer
matty12345
Adanu T

Most improved Designer
Sword_of_STORM

I'm sure there are many I'm just temporarly overlooking SORRY but I wanted to get something in.

[This message has been edited by Jas the Mace1 (edited 01-25-2008 @ 03:26 PM).]

Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 01-25-08 03:51 PM CT (US)     74 / 84       
I don't know if it is good or bad to get a best newcomer vote when you have been around 2 years.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
Jas the Mace1
Squire
posted 01-26-08 00:38 AM CT (US)     75 / 84       
Maybe you're so good it just feels like a year
Lord Basse
posted 01-26-08 06:36 AM CT (US)     76 / 84       
Alright, the voting is over. Results will be shown on Monday. Thanks for participating

If a mod reads this, please lock the thread as I will make a new one for the results.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 01-26-08 06:44 AM CT (US)     77 / 84       
Meh, I'll lock when the results are up.

Otherwise I've changed the title to "Voting Finished".
morgoth bauglir
Squire
posted 01-26-08 07:00 AM CT (US)     78 / 84       
Our mods are known through Heavengames for their laziness... also for their tendency to use the ban button a lot, so I'll shut up now...

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
ForGreat_Justice
Squire
posted 01-26-08 07:17 AM CT (US)     79 / 84       
Our mods are known through Heavengames for their laziness
Hehe, everyone is lazy for Quaazi...
morgoth bauglir
Squire
posted 01-26-08 08:56 AM CT (US)     80 / 84       
I think it's more likely that every person on the world except me are lazy...

Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
John Mendl
Squire
posted 01-26-08 08:59 AM CT (US)     81 / 84       
....too early, Tanneur didn't vote! Waah...Waah...

Allow him a special privilage to vote in case he intends!

[This message has been edited by John Mendl (edited 01-26-2008 @ 09:14 AM).]

Tanneur99
HG Alumnus
posted 01-26-08 09:56 AM CT (US)     82 / 84       
This Topic came too fast to vote for me, I did not play the files that probably deserve my vote yet.

I talked with Mashek over MSN on December 29 that I will organize the SD Awards with regard to the proposal of matty12345 in the blacksmith thread.

This Game of the Year thing is fine; the SD Awards will have different categories to vote for.
morgoth bauglir
Squire
posted 01-26-08 10:16 AM CT (US)     83 / 84       
When'll it be up then?

Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 01-26-08 05:43 PM CT (US)     84 / 84       
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames