You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.464 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » AoKH Mini Game Competition 2008
Bottom
Topic Subject:AoKH Mini Game Competition 2008
« Previous Page  1 ··· 11 12 13 14  Next Page »
viperiv
Squire
(id: EpIc CoMmandeR)
posted 05-11-08 12:57 PM CT (US)         
The Age of Kings Heaven
Mini game Competition

Welcome to the Age of Kings Heaven Mini game Competition. Participants will have a set time to produce a mini game and then they will be judged.

Rules
  • Don't plagiarize other people's work
  • You will have until 25th of June
  • Get your entry in before the deadline
  • Email me your entries in a zipped folder: SCN_Trident[at]hotmail[dot]co[dot]uk
  • No Modpacks are allowed but things that add units e.g Renaissance are allowed.
  • If your Mini Game does have something like Renaissance for it can you leave me a note in the Zipped folder.
  • Maps must no bigger then 30X30 you can do this either in Trigger Studio or downloading it in the Utilities section.
  • Failure to comply with these rules will result in immediate disqualification

Side Note
  • I would recommend using the mini scenario's from this utility.

Judging
    Judging will be based on five categories:
    Playability /15 - How fun you thought the game was, was it too hard or too easy? etc.
    Map Design /10 - How well designed the map is.
    Creativity /15 - How original the mini game is.
    Balance /10 - was the game too easy or too hard.
    Overall Rating /10 - Your overall score for the game.

Total marks: 60

Judges
    There will be 2 judging spots open:

• Epic Commander
  • Julius999
  • JuBuOrangie

Current Competitors:
  • LongBowHurtsBad
  • Hailstorm65
  • Turty
  • Dantares IV
  • Lord basse
  • Von Corgath
  • Dead_End
  • Jimmy2
  • Warlord002
  • Madhu
  • Hunnic Paladin
  • Itachi_Uchiha
  • golden_falcon
  • sSc_Cobra007
  • thepunkguy

The last Mini Game Competiton - Hosted by Julius999

[This message has been edited by ViperIV (edited 06-18-2008 @ 02:18 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    hunnic paladin
    Squire
    posted 07-11-08 04:24 PM CT (US)     421 / 464       
    I didnt use Oli's Expansion.

Ill re email you, WD.

H U N N I C ~ P A L A D I N
    HP is a very nice guy who'd rather be polite and nod his head in agreement to other people's opinions, than act tough and bluntly. -Andanu Trisatya
    On another note, I read that you are 13, I must say that I think that you are very knowledgeable for 13. -street (That was a long time ago...)
    Mystery Maze III - Currently Stalled - 39.8% Complete

[This message has been edited by Hunnic Paladin (edited 07-11-2008 @ 07:47 PM).]

Warlord002
    Squire
    posted 07-11-08 05:12 PM CT (US)     422 / 464       
    Whatever, when I saw edited .dat file, I thought of Rennaisance.

_______
    |Warlord|
    Owner of post 12345 in the New Splash Splash
    Member of Blackforest Studios
    hunnic paladin
    Squire
    posted 07-11-08 06:17 PM CT (US)     423 / 464       
    Im assuming you are talking to Basse, but if youre not then I had not edited .dat files. I dont do all that. Not even for CSC.

I prefer sticking with the old-fashioned, C patch, no rennasaince, no extras, old fashioned AoK:TC.

HP is a very nice guy who'd rather be polite and nod his head in agreement to other people's opinions, than act tough and bluntly. -Andanu Trisatya
    On another note, I read that you are 13, I must say that I think that you are very knowledgeable for 13. -street (That was a long time ago...)
    Warlord002
    Squire
    posted 07-11-08 06:32 PM CT (US)     424 / 464       
    I was talking to Basse.

_______
    |Warlord|
    Mash
    Huskarl
    (id: Mashek)
    posted 07-11-08 10:11 PM CT (US)     425 / 464       
    Anyway, I like what I've seen so far.

Where are the other judges at by the way?

[This message has been edited by White Dragon (edited 07-11-2008 @ 10:12 PM).]

Fattybryce
    Squire
    posted 07-11-08 10:52 PM CT (US)     426 / 464       
    Where are the other judges at by the way?

I'll take it you got my email then?

The Wall

coming soon
    Dantares IV
    Squire
    posted 07-11-08 11:27 PM CT (US)     427 / 464       
    Lol, people who were truely not afraid of heights.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
    Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
    hunnic paladin
    Squire
    posted 07-12-08 00:15 AM CT (US)     428 / 464       
    I just noticed your sig. lol. You just had to put that quote in there from Aro. lol

morgoth bauglir
    Squire
    posted 07-12-08 02:37 AM CT (US)     429 / 464       
    That's kinda unnecessary, Danty. It seems as though you're gloating.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
    Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
    Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
    Andanu Trisatya
    Squire
    posted 07-12-08 04:54 AM CT (US)     430 / 464       
    I find that Fatty's images are cynically amusing sometimes.

Dantares, no offense, but I have to say I agree with Quaazi. At the very least you could have not included that bold, capitalized phrase inside the brackets. He might have done something wrong, and you might have done something right, but no need to relish a malicious satisfaction over someone, is there?

████████
    ████████
    /\NDANU TRISATY/\
    The Least Skilled Member of StormWind Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
    Dantares IV
    Squire
    posted 07-12-08 10:39 AM CT (US)     431 / 464       
    Well, I'm not ready to remove that part yet, but I'll remove the bold, and put it in small letters. For the time being, that's as far as I go.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
    Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
    Mash
    Huskarl
    posted 07-13-08 09:15 AM CT (US)     432 / 464       
    I've finally completed all judging, and am very pleased by all entries. So if Julius999 and JubuOrange want to tell me where they're currently at, we can have this contest wrapped up for once and for all.

[This message has been edited by White Dragon (edited 07-14-2008 @ 00:15 AM).]

Dantares IV
    Squire
    posted 07-14-08 08:16 AM CT (US)     433 / 464       
    we can have this contest wrapped up for once and for all.
    You ruined the plot White. Viper's idea was for it to be a "never ending" contest.

Ilmarinen
    Squire
    (id: Cilibinarii)
    posted 07-14-08 10:31 AM CT (US)     434 / 464       
    Oh, was it? That would be kinda cool yknow, but whos the winner then ;p

Cilibinarii
    My AOK Maps
    JuBuOrangie
    Squire
    posted 07-14-08 10:40 AM CT (US)     435 / 464       
    I think all the judges should just go on MSN one day.

Part of the reason is, is because I cant beat that dang monk scenario and need advice.
    Warlord002
    Squire
    posted 07-14-08 10:54 AM CT (US)     436 / 464       
    I think all the judges should just go on MSN one day.
    Or you could just tell us our scores!

_______
    |Warlord|

[This message has been edited by Warlord002 (edited 07-14-2008 @ 10:55 AM).]

hunnic paladin
    Squire
    posted 07-14-08 11:55 AM CT (US)     437 / 464       
    I cant beat that dang monk scenario and need advice
    Seriously? Well then after all that work you wont like the ending.

Well, I cant remember much about my scenario any more. I made more than a motnh ago and havent played it since.

Try this: Convert ONE other monk, and then run through constantly healing with your main monk with the one you just converted.

And for anyone else, I have submitted my MGCO8 entry to the blacksmith.

EDIT: If we waited long enough we could have used Age of Chivalry.

[This message has been edited by Hunnic Paladin (edited 07-14-2008 @ 11:57 AM).]

Dantares IV
    Squire
    posted 07-14-08 03:35 PM CT (US)     438 / 464       
    Or you could just tell us our scores!
    YA

Lord Basse
    MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
    posted 07-14-08 04:29 PM CT (US)     439 / 464       
    Viper's idea was for it to be a "never ending" contest.
    That ain't original. We already had the Fantasy competition

T'was a shame it never got finished.

__[]_________
    |||||||||||||||||
    The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
    OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
    ______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
    The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
    Dantares IV
    Squire
    posted 07-14-08 05:28 PM CT (US)     440 / 464       
    That ain't original. We already had the Fantasy competition
    Or the more proper name: "The Fantastic Failure"

Mash
    Huskarl
    posted 07-14-08 08:08 PM CT (US)     441 / 464       
    @Jubu
    Part of the reason is, is because I cant beat that dang monk scenario and need advice.
    Really? Just run through the mess of guards and across the bridge.

Anyway, my MSN is Yenbena (at) hotmail (dot) com. We'll have to work out a time to meet or otherwise just do this over email, which is quicker.

Where the bloody hell is Julius?
    hunnic paladin
    Squire
    posted 07-14-08 11:50 PM CT (US)     442 / 464       
    lol, thats what I did. Run for your life. Literally.

Fattybryce
    Squire
    posted 07-16-08 10:57 PM CT (US)     443 / 464       
    Hurry up will ya.

The Wall

coming soon
    hunnic paladin
    Squire
    posted 07-16-08 11:41 PM CT (US)     444 / 464       
    Try to be patient....

I need to take my own advice...

hurry up though please.

[This message has been edited by Hunnic Paladin (edited 07-16-2008 @ 11:42 PM).]

JuBuOrangie
    Squire
    posted 07-17-08 01:34 AM CT (US)     445 / 464       
    I will be on from noon to 4 pm tommorow after that there might be a slight possibility that I will be on at 9pm to 11pm.

I live in GMT -6:00.
    viperiv
    Squire
    posted 07-17-08 01:52 AM CT (US)     446 / 464       
    so that would be 5AM GMT?

Uhh can't do that. sorry.

[This message has been edited by ViperIV (edited 07-17-2008 @ 01:54 AM).]

Fattybryce
    Squire
    posted 07-17-08 05:58 AM CT (US)     447 / 464       
    Omg, it's not hard. Just play the games, review the games, send review to Epic. Epic then creates another thread announcing winner ect.., everyone's happy, wheres the next competition.
    How is it that it is taking like three weeks?
    Seriously Epic, set a bloody deadline for the reviewing.

The Wall

coming soon
    Dantares IV
    Squire
    posted 07-17-08 07:52 AM CT (US)     448 / 464       
    Seriously Epic, set a bloody deadline for the reviewing.
    Ya. You keep this up, this just might turn into an "Epic Failure". *insert shifty eyes here*

Mash
    Huskarl
    posted 07-17-08 08:04 AM CT (US)     449 / 464       
    Look, MSN is out of the question for me. We'll do this over email. Epic, you should receive my judging results soon. Get Jubu and Julius to do likewise.
    viperiv
    Squire
    posted 07-17-08 10:41 AM CT (US)     450 / 464       
    Deadline for judging is 19th July

[This message has been edited by ViperIV (edited 07-17-2008 @ 10:42 AM).]

Dantares IV
    Squire
    posted 07-17-08 11:36 AM CT (US)     451 / 464       

hunnic paladin
    Squire
    posted 07-17-08 03:12 PM CT (US)     452 / 464       
    And the heavens were opened, and the angels came down singing, "Finally, Finally, A Deadline is Here..."

Mash
    Huskarl
    posted 07-17-08 09:57 PM CT (US)     453 / 464       
    I sent an email to you Epic, but for some reason the mailer demon reported that there was an error while sending. Any way to get around this?
    viperiv
    Squire
    posted 07-18-08 02:00 AM CT (US)     454 / 464       
    Hmm send it too hg.viper@gmail.com
    Mash
    Huskarl
    posted 07-18-08 03:45 AM CT (US)     455 / 464       
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 11 12 13 14  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register