You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.142 replies, Sticky
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Steam Workshop: You help us, help you, help us all
Bottom
Topic Subject:Steam Workshop: You help us, help you, help us all
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 04-13-13 03:39 AM CT (US)         
Dear community,

The Steam Workshop has made it easier than ever to share modifications and scenarios. This comfort however does come at a price. Recently we have noticed a number of cases where users uploaded works without specific consent of the original author.
Though Steam gives us the option to report such files, we have yet to see the actual removal of said files. Which is where you, the community, come in.

What we want you to do is to report any files of which it is clear that the uploader was not the original author or was not given permission to share the files. Additionally, it would be great if you would post links to files you suspect are cases of plagiarism. We hope that a mass-reporting of plagiarized files will lead to a faster response of Steam Support.

Please encourage other users to refrain from uploading files they did not create. If you feel that a certain excellent file from the Blacksmith is missing in the Steam Workshop, please alert a moderator and we will deal with it.

On behalf of the Age of Kings Moderation Team,

Dead_End

Works uploaded with author's consent
Aro - The War of Britain
Cilibinarii - Saladin Climatic I & II
Cilibinarii - Spanish Invasion of South-America on a 10 x 10
Crasher - Attack at Dawn
Crasher - Immortal Prey Prologue - Eye Of The Beholder
Felix Waters - A Victoria Crossing
Felix Waters - England, France and Great Hill
Ingo van Thiel - Gyda's Challenge
Ingo van Thiel - Ulio
Ingo van Thiel - When the Wheel Breaks ~ Part 1 ~, Epilogue
sSc_Cobra007 - Battle of Falkirk
sSc_Cobra007 - Forgotten RPG
Stephen Richards - The Battle of Edington

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 04-13-2013 @ 06:56 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Devious Dev
Official Professional Qualified Noob
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
posted 02-14-15 05:07 AM CT (US)     71 / 142       
Well he gave credit in the description. Have you commented on his file requesting it be taken down?

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 02-14-15 06:30 AM CT (US)     72 / 142       
People can delete comments on their maps. The best thing to do is probably to contact Felipe Vidal and have him file the DMCA on Steam, since that's the only thing that Valve seems to consider.

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies of one who has done well." - Hávamál

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1
MamadouZ
Squire
posted 06-10-15 08:52 PM CT (US)     73 / 142       
Good idea guys I see a lots of people doing that

Im a French Canadian
gag2000
Squire
posted 08-13-15 10:52 PM CT (US)     74 / 142       
compared this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-empires-rise-of-history
and this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=499397959

especially the name & version 2.8 this is the same, i do remember here also was a thread about that "mod":
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,43830,240,all

and as you can see lots of ppl talk about how much he rip off. i dont know how much is in the workshop entrie (because its around 400 MB)
but maybe someone is intrestig in report this if it cntains stuff of someone where permission is not given.
Mahazona
Squire
posted 08-13-15 11:33 PM CT (US)     75 / 142       
Did anyone play this mod?is there a game lag because he used 8 sided units?
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 08-14-15 00:31 AM CT (US)     76 / 142       
He's been banned here for the same remorseless plagiarism. Valve only seems to react if the author of the graphics files the DMCA on Steam reporting the theft, so that's probably the best course of action. I'm not too familiar with ModDB so I'm not sure what policy they have there.

Kallehagen
Squire
posted 12-08-15 10:34 PM CT (US)     77 / 142       
is there no dev or workshop admin who can just delete that complete rip off ?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=562528939

people celebrate him of "his" work, but everyone knows that 75 % of the stuff is collected and stolen without permission / without credits.
Jan dc
Squire
(id: Den cekke)
posted 12-09-15 03:38 AM CT (US)     78 / 142       
It would be helpful if people who think their assets are being used without their permission in this mod would step forward. This way we would have more leverage against him.
Devious Dev
posted 12-09-15 04:08 AM CT (US)     79 / 142       
*opens link*

*loses faith in humanity for the 2643rd time*

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
Jan dc
Squire
posted 12-09-15 06:21 AM CT (US)     80 / 142       
It's removed.
Cysion
VIP Forgotten Empires
posted 12-09-15 06:46 AM CT (US)     81 / 142       
Valve only seems to react if the author of the graphics files the DMCA on Steam reporting the theft, so that's probably the best course of action.
This is the best course of action indeed and is exactly what happened now. The original author must file a complaint about their work being stolen.
gag2000
Squire
posted 12-09-15 07:59 AM CT (US)     82 / 142       
i reported the file before because it contained a pdf with the downloadlink to a full pirated the forgotten 3.8 version + update to 3.9,
seems someone (or heself took it down now or he hide it), developers should ban him from the workshop complete for that action.
TriRem
Huskarl
posted 12-26-15 09:30 AM CT (US)     83 / 142       
The best jokes are the shortest, and he really should have stopped by now...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=583361766&searchtext=

Fluctuat nec mergitur.

[This message has been edited by TriRem (edited 12-26-2015 @ 09:31 AM).]

HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 12-26-15 10:00 AM CT (US)     84 / 142       
This guy is the worst. How many different mods have been ripped off in those screenshots alone?

The best thing to do is for the true authors of the various graphics to file the DMCA on Steam reporting the theft and plagiarism. That should hopefully drive the Valve staff to action and get this guy banned for good.

gag2000
Squire
posted 12-26-15 12:55 PM CT (US)     85 / 142       
i sayd the same to that guy, he blocked me direct within 2 minutes, but with a ban you are still able to start a discussion:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/discussions/583361766
he doesnt take stuff from me but from a friend on my friend list, i have reported it but as HockeySam18 sayd DMCA is the best solution.
we as the community also have to take care that there is no chance that this stealer make money with plagiarism.
arnt the Developers / Admins of the Game able to ban him from the workshop ? Would be the only way that he learns it.

edit: its the first time i see now he starting posting link where he got the files from
(what doesnt change the situation that he use / reupload stuff without proper permission)

[This message has been edited by gag2000 (edited 12-26-2015 @ 12:56 PM).]

Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 12-26-15 02:49 PM CT (US)     86 / 142       
Link looks down for me

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
Devious Dev
posted 12-26-15 03:15 PM CT (US)     87 / 142       
It is now.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
gag2000
Squire
posted 12-26-15 03:49 PM CT (US)     88 / 142       
seems like he deleted all his workshop stuff and turned his profile into "private" mod,
https://steamcommunity.com/id/StudiosEnkeli everyone who want check if he will reupload others stuff under his name again check this:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/StudiosEnkeli/myworkshopfiles/ its the direct link to his steam workshop, once something is public it will appear there.

[This message has been edited by gag2000 (edited 12-26-2015 @ 03:50 PM).]

andrscs
Squire
posted 12-26-15 09:24 PM CT (US)     89 / 142       
i found in steam an immobile units Ai.... i think it is zanthar lothar's one... take a look
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 12-26-15 10:23 PM CT (US)     90 / 142       
Link?

GuardianReborn
Squire
posted 12-27-15 01:13 AM CT (US)     91 / 142       
The Immobile Units Gold AI file is in fact on there, though it looks like the uploader credited Lothar for the creation.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=574924521&searchtext

Also it looks Enkeli uploaded a bunch more pieces after they were taken down

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=584924968&searchtext
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 12-27-15 01:43 AM CT (US)     92 / 142       
The Immobile AI file is properly credited, so I see no problem with it. Zanzard Lothar has been inactive for at least 10 years besides, so I doubt he's still around to upload it himself.

As for the Enkeli upload, the best thing to do is to file the DMCA to force the Valve mods to take action.

TriRem
Huskarl
posted 12-27-15 02:09 PM CT (US)     93 / 142       
I just asked Enkeli and he clearly said that the only graphics he did are the trees :
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=584924968&searchtext=

Not that there were much doubt about the fact that most of the stuff he uses is robbed, but man he is asking people to pay him to make a few trees ? I'm getting tired of this guy.

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
aoe_scout
Squire
posted 12-27-15 02:43 PM CT (US)     94 / 142       
This is not the first time he tries such things. About 2 years ago I saw a post by him (I think it was in Facebook, I don't have it, but he linked it somewhere, probably his signature) where he offered A.G.E. as a paid tool he made!

And look at his site, he expects people to pay him monthly so that he can continue "working" on his mod (= stealing other people's work)! The screenshots and videos posted by him feature works taken from "0 AD" and other games, converted to AOK (check his "Rise of History" mod), I doubt he created anything.

[This message has been edited by aoe_scout (edited 12-27-2015 @ 02:58 PM).]

Jan dc
Squire
posted 12-27-15 03:36 PM CT (US)     95 / 142       
Yeah no one in the aok community likes him. But there's just so much we can do to prevent him from doing stuff like that.
gag2000
Squire
posted 12-29-15 05:46 AM CT (US)     96 / 142       
from time to time he deletes "his" mods from the workshop because people start comment about his stolen stuff,
its now the 3rd or 4th time he deleted a mod, lets hope he give up soon posting stuff in steam.

[This message has been edited by gag2000 (edited 12-29-2015 @ 05:47 AM).]

Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 12-29-15 05:50 AM CT (US)     97 / 142       
As for the Enkeli upload, the best thing to do is to file the DMCA to force the Valve mods to take action.
Unfortunately the only way. The chap was banned from AoKH a while ago. Seems unrepentant when it comes to plagiarism.

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 12-29-2015 @ 05:53 AM).]

gag2000
Squire
posted 03-06-16 06:12 PM CT (US)     98 / 142       
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062567774/myworkshopfiles/?p=1

he even dont care to credit the people or link to the source.
deleted my comment where i told him to do so.

Edit: after i told about i reported the entries to steam he replied that he will put up credits and link to the source, but keep your eyes open.

[This message has been edited by gag2000 (edited 03-06-2016 @ 06:34 PM).]

Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 03-07-16 07:26 AM CT (US)     99 / 142       
Three years in and Steam has yet to provide us with a solution other than the reporting form.
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 03-07-16 09:11 AM CT (US)     100 / 142       
Indeed. It's really quite embarrassing if you ask me.

Al_Kharn the Great
Squire
posted 04-21-16 09:25 PM CT (US)     101 / 142       
Enkeli has a new texture mod which actually looks really good... Who did he steal it from?

Filthydelphia Creations
Tristan & Iseult ~ 1st Place (tied), 2014 Historical Scenario Design Contest
City of Peace ~ 2nd Place, 2014 Minigame Competition
Dragon's Head, Serpent's Tail ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Defend the Spot Competition
Ragnar's Raids ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Historical Scenario Design Contest
Complete Campaign Collection
Seonid
Squire
posted 04-22-16 01:27 AM CT (US)     102 / 142       
It reminds me some of Ozhara's work - though I haven't looked at HD texture packs in ages. There are or were a number of good designers working on those.

Couldn't pin down a source concretely, though.
John the Late
Knight
posted 06-21-16 02:16 AM CT (US)     103 / 142       
The guy that gag2000 linked a few months ago (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062567774/myworkshopfiles/?p=1) more than doubled the amount of his uploads. He does not the creators, but is still doing this without their consent.

I'd encourage everyone who has done graphical works for AoE2 to check out the submissions (62 total, should not take long), and if he finds some work of his, continue as deemed appropriate.

People that have work of their uploaded include Dave3377, Mahazona, Kor, ToME Team, but also many others.

Repeating what's been stated earlier in this thread: What's important is that if you do not want your file to be uploaded there, you the creator have to file a takedown request using the report function, otherwise Steam won't react.

[This message has been edited by John the Late (edited 06-21-2016 @ 02:17 AM).]

Bassi
Squire
posted 01-23-17 08:36 AM CT (US)     104 / 142       
Enkeli again ... of course he deleted my comments. I think, he now really believes in his own conspiracy theory that he is the victim of an intrigue against him.

From safe source I have learned that he is indeed psychically highly disturbed and is accordingly not sane.

He is probably also on psychopharmaceuticals. I think he is a very poor sod who has to deal with many problems in real life, which he isn't able to deal with.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844080461
Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 01-24-17 01:45 AM CT (US)     105 / 142       
Yeah he submitted that very file at the Blacksmith. I don't fully understand what's going on. Can someone please give me a run down before I reject his mods from the Blacksmith?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames