You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2962 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Your works of art.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Your works of art.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 85  Next Page »
Pitt_Man
Squire
(id: Dark_Reign)
posted 08-09-13 07:15 AM CT (US)         

We all love AoC. Why else would we be here? Why else would you be reading this thread?
With the seemingly less projects dominating the 1st page of SD&M, whether it be your work is not far along enough to post in the "Current Projects" thread, or even to have a thread of its' own. Why not give us a snippet of what you're working on?! Campaigns, Scenarios, Mods, anything!

It could be your big project, a side project, if you're just kicking back playing an RM or MP game or your favourite Campaign.
Even just messing around in the editor or Poser? I would love to see your raw works, or what you're up to in the world of AoC. Think of it as an "Instagram" for Age of Empires.

Take a screenshot of whatever you're working on (or playing with) in the editor or modding program, and share it with the community. No editing required to get rid of the editor's menu or your cursor, no theme, no voting. Just the sharing of...
Your works of art.

Need a place to host your images?
No registration needed-
Image Host+Imgur+Tiny Pic

Registration needed-
Image Shack+Photo Bucket+Flickr

Enjoy!

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 04-27-2016 @ 12:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
macadoum
Squire
posted 01-31-15 03:13 AM CT (US)     1016 / 2962       
wow, the left castle on last image is really good.

Snowbay · Neos Alexandria · Zentropa

"La merde a de l'avenir. Vous verrez qu'un jour on en fera des discours."
Louis Ferdinant Céline
John the Late
Knight
posted 01-31-15 03:54 AM CT (US)     1017 / 2962       
Khan Ivayl
Squire
posted 01-31-15 07:32 AM CT (US)     1018 / 2962       
Possidon, this looks really great! I am looking forward to this As long as the credits are in place, my work if free to use
DJeronimo
Banned
posted 01-31-15 08:27 AM CT (US)     1019 / 2962       
possidon, i have forgotten empires, is you upgrade compatible with it?
Possidon
Slayer
posted 01-31-15 09:53 AM CT (US)     1020 / 2962       
Hi Guys. Thanks for the comments. This Mod is for my next scenario.

@Khan - Yes full credit will be given for everything I use.
@DJ - I'm not sure. I use vanilla C patch AoC. It's just added graphics to the .drs and a .dat edit. I don't use Forgotten Empires but I do have HD edition also, however I prefer to design in The Conquerors.
DJeronimo
Banned
posted 01-31-15 10:22 AM CT (US)     1021 / 2962       
ok, are you adding also civs? or only units. maybe some civilisation unit lines would do...i mean i would like to have a pack where i have the lines inserted so i do not have to install each time, i mean maybe that from time to time people around here could cooperate to launch an addon. i find it a little confusing and that is why i appreciate what you are doing right now!
Possidon
Slayer
posted 01-31-15 12:39 PM CT (US)     1022 / 2962       
Well. This mod is only for my scenario. It's not like a proper mod or anything. All of the new graphics are eye-candy. Except a few generic units which will be buildable, their all just to enhance the scenario and make it much for diverse.
DJeronimo
Banned
posted 01-31-15 07:03 PM CT (US)     1023 / 2962       
very usefull. i stared hours on the diversity swgb has and i believe that time has come with your addon to bring life to the aok, too...best!
Bala Arizalu
Squire
posted 02-01-15 05:30 PM CT (US)     1024 / 2962       
A little project I have tried and like this

Mahazona
Squire
posted 02-01-15 09:47 PM CT (US)     1025 / 2962       
Looks good but the walking will get a little buggy like your image id suggest you try to copy the swordsman exactly to fit the shoulder of the paladin so it will look less buggy.Look at my camel archer even though the running looks static it dosent skip.
Possidon
Slayer
posted 02-08-15 03:25 PM CT (US)     1026 / 2962       
Just trying to see what I can do with some bits of my Mod. This is not part of my scenario, I was just having a bit of fun designing random things.

Important Travellers stop off at a Roadside Inn, located in the Haunted Woods.

Devious Dev
Official Professional Qualified Noob
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
posted 02-08-15 04:54 PM CT (US)     1027 / 2962       
Looking good, just not entirely sure about the tower roof beeing supported by one small beam.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
John the Late
Knight
posted 02-08-15 05:29 PM CT (US)     1028 / 2962       
The problem with that watch post is the lack of a shadow, it looks out of place without one.
Tzontlimixtli
Squire
posted 02-08-15 07:08 PM CT (US)     1029 / 2962       
I agree, it needs shadows to properly convey height.
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 02-08-15 08:08 PM CT (US)     1030 / 2962       
Toss some elevation in there if possible as well

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies of one who has done well." - Hávamál

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1
Khan Ivayl
Squire
posted 02-09-15 06:43 AM CT (US)     1031 / 2962       
Possidon your new projects is attracting me alot, do you have a project thread yet?
Khan Ivayl
Squire
posted 02-09-15 09:28 AM CT (US)     1032 / 2962       
And Bala Arizalu, also compliments to your 'Italian Knight'(?)
Possidon
Slayer
posted 02-09-15 04:40 PM CT (US)     1033 / 2962       
Not yet Khan. The project is actually a sequel to my yet completed scenario Wrath of the Traibs. I should be focusing on finishing that but I've kinda of not really had the time to sit and focus on it properly and I was interested in modding, which is something I can spend half an hour or so on when I have time. So the project will not be around for quite a while yet I'm afraid. Still I might soon find some time to get Wrath of the Traibs develop a bit more soon.
Paul_TD
Squire
posted 02-23-15 08:36 AM CT (US)     1034 / 2962       
Ehm...Hello everybody... I've been lurking around here for quite a while but this is my very first post. I'm posting some screenshots I took while messing around with the scenario editor of the Age of Chivalry mod. They probably do not qualify as "works of art" but I just wanted to get some opinions on my map designing skills. Here they are:
An isolated lumber camp

A knight in his castle

A village

A mountain stream

how do they look? any suggestions? thanks in advance!
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 02-23-15 11:13 AM CT (US)     1035 / 2962       
I think they're really nice- good job! The only thing is that the elevation is probably a little too steep in some spots, and the dead farm terrain doesn't blend in the best with snow (put a little dirt1 around it to fix that) but it's otherwise good!

DelCrosB
Squire
posted 02-23-15 11:24 AM CT (US)     1036 / 2962       
They look really nice indeed! Interestingly enough I am also working on a winter-themed campaign with the AoCh editor. I posted some screenshots in this thread some time ago (I think they are at page 27), take a look at them if you want!

I will post some more screenshots from the second scenario of my campaign as soon as possible!
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 02-23-15 05:09 PM CT (US)     1037 / 2962       
I quite honestly have the utmost respect for those who are able to design quality winter scenes. It's one of the tougher things to do, imo, given how little the editor gives you to work with on that front.

Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 02-23-15 07:59 PM CT (US)     1038 / 2962       
Eww. Those rocks in Age of Chivalry. I forgot how bad my stuff used to be. Kor, you really should upgrade those. I probably have a hundred rocks sitting on my computer all nicer than those.
I quite honestly have the utmost respect for those who are able to design quality winter scenes. It's one of the tougher things to do, imo, given how little the editor gives you to work with on that front.
Tales of Middle Earth is going to have snow covered rocks, ice covered rocks, icebergs, etc. Anything else that would be helpful? Probably will add some sort of snow unit, like the rain and snow mod on the blacksmith.

Another thing I did was make sure all the snow pines were the exact same as the regular pines but with snow on them. Helps in doing summer/winter of the same location.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
Paul_TD
Squire
posted 02-24-15 04:23 AM CT (US)     1039 / 2962       
Thanks a lot for the feedback!

@HockeySam18: Glad you like them! I'll keep your suggestions in mind

@DelCrosB:I like your screenshots, especially the "frozen lake" one. Looking forward for the release of your campaign!

However my screenshots are not from any planned scenario, it's just a sort of practise map on which I work from time to time. I have an idea for an Age of Chivalry scenario and I'm working my way through some design and triggers articles and threads to improve it, but right now map design is my main focus and there's still a lot of work to do.

[This message has been edited by Paul_TD (edited 02-24-2015 @ 04:26 AM).]

Khan Ivayl
Squire
posted 02-24-15 06:31 AM CT (US)     1040 / 2962       
Looks good, Paul_TD, any specific project in mind yet?
Kor
Busschof Happertesch
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
posted 02-24-15 08:01 AM CT (US)     1041 / 2962       
That looks really nice, Paul_TD!

DelCrosB, I can't find your screenshots so can't comment, but I'm looking forward to seeing them also. Always happy to see new Age of Chivalry maps in the works!

Matt, send me your new rocks and I'll gladly replace them in an instant! If you have any more eye-candy objects to spare that fit the style of AoCH I'll gladly add them, as adding them is not hard at all and it can only make maps more unique.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
DelCrosB
Squire
posted 02-24-15 09:19 AM CT (US)     1042 / 2962       
@Kor: They are at page 27, I posted only links and not images because I'm bad at these things . I have been working on a winter themed campaign for a while, and now I almost completed one scenario and I'm about half way with the next one. I might add an introduction and possibly a third one, but I haven't decided yet, it will depend on how much time I have. It is not an historical scenario though, so I'm basicly exploiting AoCh because I enjoy the new graphics!
Kor
Busschof Happertesch
posted 02-24-15 09:28 AM CT (US)     1043 / 2962       
I'll try and find it - however, page numbers are not really helpful as you can customise how many posts you have per page, so that for me this topic only has 21 pages. It's usually better to refer to post number (which you can see on each individual post - this should be post 1043 of this topic).

Edit: Found them, looks good! I would suggest mixing in some different terrains at the base of the mountains, however. The yellow mountains in particular really stand out on the snow terrain, so mixing in some dirt 1 and snow dirt will help them blend in. Same with the grassy mountains, mixing in some grass and snow grass will make them seem more natural to the environment. Good luck with your map!

Offt hin hinder.

[This message has been edited by Kor (edited 02-24-2015 @ 09:32 AM).]

HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 02-24-15 11:06 AM CT (US)     1044 / 2962       
Tales of Middle Earth is going to have snow covered rocks, ice covered rocks, icebergs, etc. Anything else that would be helpful? Probably will add some sort of snow unit, like the rain and snow mod on the blacksmith.
Snow bushes and another type of snowy tree, perhaps?

Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 02-24-15 11:11 AM CT (US)     1045 / 2962       
Matt, send me your new rocks and I'll gladly replace them in an instant! If you have any more eye-candy objects to spare that fit the style of AoCH I'll gladly add them, as adding them is not hard at all and it can only make maps more unique.
These are the ones I did that virtually everyone uses now.

I can always post more. I just have to dig them up.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king

[This message has been edited by Mr Wednesday (edited 02-24-2015 @ 11:12 AM).]

Kor
Busschof Happertesch
posted 02-24-15 11:30 AM CT (US)     1046 / 2962       
Please do! I'll definitely be adding these. Are they in slp format somewhere already?

I actually like your old rocks too, their main problem is that their base is usually rather too straight and so it stands out a bit unless you camouflage it. I particularly like using them in combination with cliffs (I've finally implemented Jorgito's new cliffs in the upcoming version, and they go together quite well) and along the shore.

Offt hin hinder.
Paul_TD
Squire
posted 02-24-15 12:17 PM CT (US)     1047 / 2962       
looks good, Paul_TD, any specific project in mind yet?
No, not really, just an idea for an AoCh scenario as I have mentioned.
That looks really nice, Paul_TD!
Thanks Kor, but I guess I am actually the one who ought to thank you, and everyone else involved, for creating the Age of Chivalry. It brought me back to the game after quite some time and made me interested in designing. I'm having a lot of fun playing it!
Mahazona
Squire
posted 03-01-15 08:04 AM CT (US)     1048 / 2962       
A project Im working on with the help of senoid.some are just place holders for now till I make or find better units.
TriRem
Huskarl
posted 03-01-15 04:55 PM CT (US)     1049 / 2962       
Great screen Mahazona, I guess they are the new skins for Asian and middle eastern civs right ? Most of the units look very nice.
Just a question : have you ever planned to make a heavy Arabian knight ? I mean the cavalier's horse mounted by the heavy camel rider, it would be the perfect upgrade for the Arabian knight don't you think ?

[This message has been edited by TriRem (edited 03-01-2015 @ 04:59 PM).]

DJeronimo
Banned
posted 03-01-15 05:49 PM CT (US)     1050 / 2962       
very very good!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 85  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames