You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2962 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Your works of art.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Your works of art.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58 59 60 61 62 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 85  Next Page »
Pitt_Man
Squire
(id: Dark_Reign)
posted 08-09-13 07:15 AM CT (US)         

We all love AoC. Why else would we be here? Why else would you be reading this thread?
With the seemingly less projects dominating the 1st page of SD&M, whether it be your work is not far along enough to post in the "Current Projects" thread, or even to have a thread of its' own. Why not give us a snippet of what you're working on?! Campaigns, Scenarios, Mods, anything!

It could be your big project, a side project, if you're just kicking back playing an RM or MP game or your favourite Campaign.
Even just messing around in the editor or Poser? I would love to see your raw works, or what you're up to in the world of AoC. Think of it as an "Instagram" for Age of Empires.

Take a screenshot of whatever you're working on (or playing with) in the editor or modding program, and share it with the community. No editing required to get rid of the editor's menu or your cursor, no theme, no voting. Just the sharing of...
Your works of art.

Need a place to host your images?
No registration needed-
Image Host+Imgur+Tiny Pic

Registration needed-
Image Shack+Photo Bucket+Flickr

Enjoy!

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 04-27-2016 @ 12:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 05-10-17 08:37 AM CT (US)     2066 / 2962       
That's nothing short of fantastic, Kor. One of these days I need to put aside the time to finally update to the latest version!

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies of one who has done well." - Hávamál

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1
hjalmar2
Squire
posted 05-10-17 05:25 PM CT (US)     2067 / 2962       
Beautiful. I especially love the courtyards. I would say they are an underrepresented feature amongst scenario designers.

[This message has been edited by hjalmar2 (edited 05-10-2017 @ 05:27 PM).]

MrMew
Huskarl
posted 05-11-17 06:57 AM CT (US)     2068 / 2962       
There's something about the new terrains that doesn't sit right with me... Dunno what it is.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
Pitt_Man
Squire
posted 05-11-17 08:04 AM CT (US)     2069 / 2962       
The buildings and units look fantastic, but the road is a touch soft, making the buildings look like they're floating. Couldn't do even 1% better myself though

Love the time and effort put into your work over the years Kor.

Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 05-11-17 09:06 AM CT (US)     2070 / 2962       
How many building sets does Age of Chivalry now have?

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
Bassi
Squire
posted 05-11-17 10:04 AM CT (US)     2071 / 2962       
That looks absolutely amazing!
Al_Kharn the Great
Squire
posted 05-11-17 09:11 PM CT (US)     2072 / 2962       
I'm guilty of this particular aesthetic, but only because it looks far more effective than simply white snow/snow dirt and grey trees. I figure my design conveys an early winter design scheme, whereas perhaps as in Schwarz Lizard's screenshot it is at the very apex of winter.
Fooling around...

Filthydelphia Creations
Tristan & Iseult ~ 1st Place (tied), 2014 Historical Scenario Design Contest
City of Peace ~ 2nd Place, 2014 Minigame Competition
Dragon's Head, Serpent's Tail ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Defend the Spot Competition
Ragnar's Raids ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Historical Scenario Design Contest
Complete Campaign Collection

[This message has been edited by Al_Kharn the Great (edited 05-11-2017 @ 09:17 PM).]

Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
posted 05-11-17 11:21 PM CT (US)     2073 / 2962       
Nice shots. Those slav buildings look great in winter.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
Kor
Busschof Happertesch
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
posted 05-12-17 04:38 AM CT (US)     2074 / 2962       
Thanks guys!
How many building sets does Age of Chivalry now have?
It's actually impossible to count adequately, because I've let go of the AoK standard of building sets. There's a lot of hybrid sets where only some of the buildings are unique, or vice versa, where almost all but a few buildings are unique. For instance, Scotland and Wales share most buildings, but then there are a few important ones - such as the church, town hall, and castle - which are unique for each, while a few other buildings are shared with England. And I've increased the number of houses to 5 for each building set I've finished, to give a little greater variety.
The buildings and units look fantastic, but the road is a touch soft, making the buildings look like they're floating. Couldn't do even 1% better myself though
I actually love the terrains (Jorgito made them, like the units). I can see what you mean, but I think that actually helps make the buildings and units stand out from the terrain. If all the little details in the roads were sharply drawn, I think the details of units and other objects might be lost in them a little. The difference in contrast is less noticeable for the other terrains, by the way.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
(id: Great_Artiste)
posted 05-12-17 09:09 AM CT (US)     2075 / 2962       

A town on the coast of Africa I did in one of my projects (also in the blacksmith under projects, unfinished)

Co-creator and leader of Monsoon Studios

You are kneeling with your tongue out? What exactly do you think is going to happen here? - Matt

A drush is not a knockout punch; it is the first punch in a combo - Barbarossa

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 05-12-2017 @ 09:09 AM).]

Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 05-13-17 02:51 AM CT (US)     2076 / 2962       
Very nice and effective Al_Kharn. I've always enjoyed the look of the Slavic building set, but the general scene of leafless trees and winter shrubs compliments the whole scene very well. If I were to clarify my comment more it would be that AoK is hopelessly limited when it comes to a realistic winter scheme, not least helped by the fact that there are only 2 oak/forest rotations for leafless trees (exceptions to trees F and I). But if you're willing to look past those limitations and work to the best of what the editor has to offer then a solid winter setting can be achieved.

That said, Dave Earl used a really good winter oak forest terrain set for his unreleased Nineteen Years modded campaign. Basically the oak forest we know is covered in snow and really looks the part. I wonder if there's a way to take that forest set and include it within an update for the steam version? It would definitely go a long way to solving the issue of the limited winter tools that the designer has at his/her disposal.

Also, looks nice Artiste!

[This message has been edited by Mash (edited 05-13-2017 @ 02:54 AM).]

The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
posted 05-13-17 03:31 AM CT (US)     2077 / 2962       
2 oak/forest rotations
Aren't there 3? The 2 branches one, the one with a few more and the one with lots of branches?

But yeah, in general there is a lack of winter objects (besides trees and bushes )
Also, looks nice Artiste!
Thanks, the uploaded project is near completion and needs just a few more triggers and a working story

You are kneeling with your tongue out? What exactly do you think is going to happen here? - Matt

Julius999
Imposter
posted 05-13-17 10:24 AM CT (US)     2078 / 2962       
I've always enjoyed the look of the Slavic building set
Ugh, why? It's the worst one of all.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
Bassi
Squire
posted 05-13-17 10:45 AM CT (US)     2079 / 2962       
Feudal Slavs is one of the best sets I think.
The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
posted 05-13-17 11:15 AM CT (US)     2080 / 2962       
Feudal Slavs is one of the best sets I think.
I agree with bassi that feudal is very nice, I only dislike the houses, while castle and imperial is disgusting.

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 05-13-2017 @ 11:15 AM).]

Julius999
Imposter
posted 05-13-17 11:31 AM CT (US)     2081 / 2962       
I think of the feudal Slav buildset as 'bargain basement Goths'.

Admittedly, it works well for depicting a poverty-stricken and snow-bound settlement.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios

[This message has been edited by Julius999 (edited 05-13-2017 @ 11:34 AM).]

The Black Adder
Squire
posted 05-13-17 11:37 AM CT (US)     2082 / 2962       
I'm not a big fan of the Slav/Magyar set either. Everything looks sort of grim and shed-like, and it all has this sort of odd prefabricated look to it, like these buildings were just slapped together on the quick and cheap - ironically, much like a lot of the architecture in that region today . But just look at the roofs of the buildings in Al_Kharn's screenshot...I swear all I see is corrugated tin.
The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
posted 05-13-17 12:43 PM CT (US)     2083 / 2962       
ironically, much like a lot of the architecture in that region today
Thanks

Bassi
Squire
posted 05-13-17 12:55 PM CT (US)     2084 / 2962       
@Great_Artiste: Maybe deleating those blocky end pieces of the fence would make your village look more realistic (which already look quite good).
The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
posted 05-13-17 01:53 PM CT (US)     2085 / 2962       
Maybe deleating those blocky end pieces of the fence would make your village look more realistic (which already look quite good).
Yeah there are a lot of such details I need to do in this particular scenario. However I put it aside as I ran out of story. So far you own a french colony on the coast of Africa and must ally with 5 tribes and defeat some berber pirates. I ran out at this point.
I included a shipment system with 5 shipments of player's choice that come in 10min interval. Everytime player can choose between economy or militarys shipment. If someone could download it and take a look it would help me a lot in completing it

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 05-13-2017 @ 01:54 PM).]

Mash
Huskarl
posted 05-13-17 08:48 PM CT (US)     2086 / 2962       
Aren't there 3? The 2 branches one, the one with a few more and the one with lots of branches?
Heh, I must have forgotten that those two bottom oaks are different, even if only slightly!

When you look at it, they're all the same tree anyway with branches removed or added.
The castle and stone walls do it for me, especially when combined with a wintry setting.

[This message has been edited by Mash (edited 05-13-2017 @ 08:50 PM).]

The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
posted 05-14-17 02:58 AM CT (US)     2087 / 2962       
When you look at it, they're all the same tree anyway with branches removed or added.
Yup, the top one and the bottom left one fuse into bottom right.

On the left: 2 oaks combined.
On the right: The third oak.

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 05-14-2017 @ 02:59 AM).]

Pitt_Man
Squire
posted 05-15-17 08:51 AM CT (US)     2088 / 2962       
Proposed starting location in a project. Dirt next to the farm is too straight/squared, have since fixed that

The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
posted 05-15-17 10:02 AM CT (US)     2089 / 2962       
This looks pretty
Only those flowers in the middle of the road could be slightly more off the road (imho).

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 05-15-2017 @ 10:04 AM).]

Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
posted 05-15-17 10:51 AM CT (US)     2090 / 2962       
Tooooo greeeeeen

HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 05-15-17 12:12 PM CT (US)     2091 / 2962       
That looks great, although as Matt mentioned it's a bit odd to have green oaks sitting in the middle of snow-covered terrain.

Mash
Huskarl
posted 05-15-17 05:00 PM CT (US)     2092 / 2962       
Most of it is looking the part, however I'd probably rotate those green oaks to the leafless types and remove the mud paths and random flower bed on the road.
The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
posted 05-16-17 01:10 PM CT (US)     2093 / 2962       
I was fooling around with an idea for a scenario and did this waterfall as a part of it Thoughts?

HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 05-16-17 04:21 PM CT (US)     2094 / 2962       
That is promising, though the bend of the water is far too sharp. The right waterfall in particular looks as if it is cascading right into the forest (or, at least, the shoreline). I would make the bend more gradual to give the water some space to fall.

One unfortunate thing about using the shoreless water is that it is impossible to mix in deep water to give the illusion of depth where the water is actually falling without spawning a shoreline that breaks up the water (although you could probably just cover it with a sea rock or two). Theoretically you could use AoKTS to negate this issue by hacking the proper terrain in, but to my knowledge there is not a version of it that works with the latest version of HD + DLCs.

The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
posted 05-16-17 04:28 PM CT (US)     2095 / 2962       
Yeah the TS is not an option for me right now. I'll make the river's curve a bit more round. Also the color of the waterfall and shoreless water isn't the same :/
I do like the light blending of shoreless water with other terrains, the very bright mix of green and blue (in this case) where water meets grass.

Here is the updated version

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 05-17-2017 @ 09:35 AM).]

Pitt_Man
Squire
posted 05-18-17 08:06 AM CT (US)     2096 / 2962       
Relax, it's Spring snow

Thanks for the advice, I'll get in the editor, make some changes and see what comes out

[This message has been edited by Pitt_Man (edited 05-18-2017 @ 08:10 AM).]

Shuvro
Squire
posted 05-18-17 01:29 PM CT (US)     2097 / 2962       
WOW, this thread is awesome, enough to get idea about aesthetic map design.
Possidon
Slayer
posted 05-19-17 08:17 AM CT (US)     2098 / 2962       
I'm really not a fan of these new waterfalls. Much preferred the old ones as I think they blended in much better. Good screenshots though guys
The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
posted 05-19-17 08:59 AM CT (US)     2099 / 2962       
By old waterfalls you mean...?

HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 05-19-17 09:17 AM CT (US)     2100 / 2962       
The ones that shipped with the FE mod on the CD version initially. The problem, however, was that they did not blend well at all with the water in AoE2HD, and so an update was made to the graphic.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58 59 60 61 62 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 85  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames