You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2962 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Your works of art.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Your works of art.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 81 82 83 84 85  Next Page »
Pitt_Man
Squire
(id: Dark_Reign)
posted 08-09-13 07:15 AM CT (US)         

We all love AoC. Why else would we be here? Why else would you be reading this thread?
With the seemingly less projects dominating the 1st page of SD&M, whether it be your work is not far along enough to post in the "Current Projects" thread, or even to have a thread of its' own. Why not give us a snippet of what you're working on?! Campaigns, Scenarios, Mods, anything!

It could be your big project, a side project, if you're just kicking back playing an RM or MP game or your favourite Campaign.
Even just messing around in the editor or Poser? I would love to see your raw works, or what you're up to in the world of AoC. Think of it as an "Instagram" for Age of Empires.

Take a screenshot of whatever you're working on (or playing with) in the editor or modding program, and share it with the community. No editing required to get rid of the editor's menu or your cursor, no theme, no voting. Just the sharing of...
Your works of art.

Need a place to host your images?
No registration needed-
Image Host+Imgur+Tiny Pic

Registration needed-
Image Shack+Photo Bucket+Flickr

Enjoy!

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 04-27-2016 @ 12:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 07-06-18 06:53 PM CT (US)     2871 / 2962       
No, its mostly a joke I use them myself at many times

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
rewaider
Squire
posted 07-14-18 10:47 AM CT (US)     2872 / 2962       
(Screenshots from my project The Fall of Hummaria)

Damn. How the hell did I miss Userpatch for so long?

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by rewaider (edited 07-14-2018 @ 10:51 AM).]

Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 07-15-18 05:10 PM CT (US)     2873 / 2962       
Nice shots.
Don't worry, it took me years before I started using it and I haven't looked back since.
rewaider
Squire
posted 07-15-18 05:30 PM CT (US)     2874 / 2962       
Thanks, Mash!
Don't worry, it took me years before I started using it and I haven't looked back since.
Exactly, I can't even think of using those 1.0c/HD abominations of map editors ever again ...although 1.0c's at least has an excuse to feel outdated

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by rewaider (edited 07-15-2018 @ 05:31 PM).]

Possidon
Slayer
posted 07-16-18 04:14 AM CT (US)     2875 / 2962       
Also took me ages to get it myself too. I still feel like I'm behind the times though, as I still ahven't tried out UP 1.5BETA and I hear lots of people talking about the Wololoooo Kingdoms Mod which I have no idea what it is.

It seems you step back for a month or so and another massive advancement in the game comes out these days.
The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
(id: Great_Artiste)
posted 07-16-18 04:53 AM CT (US)     2876 / 2962       
Wololo kingdoms is a connection between HD and UP. It basically brings almost all HD features into UP enviroment (new civs, terrains etc into UP's improved pathfinding etc).

Co-creator and leader of Monsoon Studios

You are kneeling with your tongue out? What exactly do you think is going to happen here? - Matt

A drush is not a knockout punch; it is the first punch in a combo - Barbarossa
rewaider
Squire
posted 07-16-18 04:18 PM CT (US)     2877 / 2962       
as I still ahven't tried out UP 1.5BETA
Well, I gotta say - it gives you a much, much easier time while designing.

Never played with WololoKingdoms as well (as its kinda tiresome to install, and there are very few rooms featuring it on voobly), but it seems to be pretty great, in fact

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by rewaider (edited 07-16-2018 @ 04:18 PM).]

Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 07-17-18 03:42 PM CT (US)     2878 / 2962       
Can someone advise me in detail on how to install Wololokingdoms? It seems like an almighty messy process.

Domus Dulcis Domus --- Home Sweet Home...ZzZzZzZzZ
GL252
Squire
posted 07-24-18 03:30 PM CT (US)     2879 / 2962       
Because sometimes a map looks cool enough (thanks, trigger studio devs!) to share and I don't want to spoil the surprise of the actual design. Ludakris, 4p, RPG titled Exilium. The black parts are both the actual 'black' terrain (for illusion purposes) as well as a type of walkable water (don't remember which one). "minimap North" is the upper left corner. Stitched together with mspaint from screenshotting the map in TriggerStudio.

map

Check me out on Steam: GL252 I'm very slowly building a scenario and eyecandy map portfolio.

[This message has been edited by GL252 (edited 08-04-2018 @ 02:39 PM).]

Julius999
Imposter
posted 07-24-18 04:52 PM CT (US)     2880 / 2962       
That looks a bit like a satellite map from 1989.

That's a compliment, assuming that the map viewed normally shows similar levels of effort and skill.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
Al_Kharn the Great
Squire
posted 07-24-18 05:01 PM CT (US)     2881 / 2962       
I'm curious to see what that looks like on the minimap.

Filthydelphia Creations
Tristan & Iseult ~ 1st Place (tied), 2014 Historical Scenario Design Contest
City of Peace ~ 2nd Place, 2014 Minigame Competition
Dragon's Head, Serpent's Tail ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Defend the Spot Competition
Ragnar's Raids ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Historical Scenario Design Contest
Complete Campaign Collection
GL252
Squire
posted 07-25-18 11:45 AM CT (US)     2882 / 2962       
I'm curious...

Without wildlife or units (infrastructure only).
That looks a bit like a satellite map from 1989.

That's a compliment, assuming that the map viewed normally shows similar levels of effort and skill.
A compliment indeed! Thanks a bunch! I would assume so, since I went back and forth between this map and the actual map. There's also not a single part of the map that I didn't hand-paint and add objects to. For example, I deleted all of the autumn trees manually from the forest terrain in the upper left corner of the map and I assume there aren't any in the other parts of the map (except a handful where I actually wanted them to be). Two things I'm gonna go over again are:
- Pathing (In areas with dense vegetation, I want units to behave erratically and even stop walking if the distance is too great [success]. Since my scenario involves some economy features, I'm gonna have to look for and adapt the terrain with 'beaten path style' where trade carts will be going.
- Elevation (especially on river banks)

Check me out on Steam: GL252 I'm very slowly building a scenario and eyecandy map portfolio.

[This message has been edited by GL252 (edited 07-25-2018 @ 12:27 PM).]

Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 07-28-18 11:52 PM CT (US)     2883 / 2962       
Nice map, looks so natural. Like a real life topographic map.

Did you make all of this with the editor brush or did you use some external program thing to generate the map?

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 07-28-2018 @ 11:56 PM).]

GL252
Squire
posted 08-04-18 02:28 PM CT (US)     2884 / 2962       
Pure brush, no tools (except Trigger Studio to see where I left things a bit too 'raw')

This image is one of about 5 or 6 maps on ancient Sumer/Mesopotamia I initially used as inspiration (cut away 1/6th left, top, right, bot from this image and that's the first draft). However, I couldn't fit all of the [relevant/important] cities in properly and keep a nice aesthetic. I also wasn't satisfied with the story I had written. Crowded, boring and chaotic. Then I came up with a more surreal idea and I added "biomes", a bit more water and lush terrain along with other changes and eyecandy. Then I built the cities and feature-related objects. It all fits into a new, more solid story about Exile too. I dubbed the world 'Exilium' and the whole 'babylonian exile' thing is a bit of an unintended nod to the initial Jewish diaspora.

Anyway, I might go back to the initial idea some time in the future and split up the image in several maps and make a campaign loosely (aka historically inaccurate, creative liberty) based on the Uruk expansion and the 1st and 2nd dynastic periods of Mesopotamia.

[This message has been edited by GL252 (edited 08-10-2018 @ 07:58 PM).]

Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 08-11-18 01:36 PM CT (US)     2885 / 2962       
Never played with WololoKingdoms as well (as its kinda tiresome to install...)
Can someone advise me in detail on how to install Wololokingdoms? It seems like an almighty messy process.
I dont get why, you only double click an exe which does everything for you

1. Find the desired WK version on its github page, currently 5.8
2. Own HD Edition and have steam logged in and running in the background
3. Double click the exe in the folder from step 1 and let the auto-updater do its thing. Select offline install in the options list and leave everything else as is (unclick tiny trees\show grid too)
4. Profit

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel

[This message has been edited by Kataphraktoi (edited 08-11-2018 @ 03:16 PM).]

EBuilder
Squire
posted 08-22-18 12:51 PM CT (US)     2886 / 2962       
Just a question: ¿Can somebady tell me where can I obtain the swordman unit of the page 50?
(sorry for my bad english)
Pitt_Man
Squire
(id: Dark_Reign)
posted 08-23-18 03:36 AM CT (US)     2887 / 2962       
I haven't seen anything from him since 2015. He didn't upload it to the Blacksmith.

Looks very similar to THIS unit by Dave3377 though, so check that out.

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         
Mithril Knight
Squire
posted 08-23-18 04:10 PM CT (US)     2888 / 2962       
Nothing special, just wanted to share this screenshot.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
GL252
Squire
posted 09-06-18 11:07 PM CT (US)     2889 / 2962       
That farm placement is mildly comforting

Bassi
Squire
posted 09-07-18 04:12 AM CT (US)     2890 / 2962       
Some small elevations would improve this already nicely made scene a lot!

My AoC Workshop
Make Build & Destroy great again!
Possidon
Slayer
posted 09-11-18 07:33 PM CT (US)     2891 / 2962       
Playing around in the editor for the first time in a while. Testing my new Mod I'm making.

[This message has been edited by Possidon (edited 09-12-2018 @ 01:09 PM).]

Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 09-12-18 02:52 PM CT (US)     2892 / 2962       
Possidon, What is that Trade Workshop like building in the desert port city screenshot with the palm tree? Can you upload that slp in the Blacksmith ? I have seen it somewhere but I'm not sure which modpack.

Domus Dulcis Domus --- Home Sweet Home...ZzZzZzZzZ
adamproxdude33
Squire
posted 09-16-18 09:45 AM CT (US)     2893 / 2962       
Remade a movie in aoe2

[This message has been edited by adamproxdude33 (edited 09-16-2018 @ 09:52 AM).]

BF_Tanks
Squire
posted 09-17-18 12:31 PM CT (US)     2894 / 2962       
@Kata:

As a scotsman those pine tree shots please me. Very nice woodland area.

On a side; Can you even off-grid place Trees? In my experience with HD, placing resources off-grid will just shift them to the nearest tile when in-game.

Here's something I whipped up when I was testing out some trigger stuff and -IDs

Proud Member of Black Forest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009
and The Seas of Egressa - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010

[This message has been edited by BF_Tanks (edited 09-17-2018 @ 12:34 PM).]

Khan Ivayl
Squire
posted 09-18-18 08:36 AM CT (US)     2895 / 2962       
@Possidon: Amazing stuff! Very inspiring for the fantasy

@Mithril Knight: Nice fence for the sheep

@BF_Tanks: Great fortress...
Khan Ivayl
Squire
posted 09-18-18 08:41 AM CT (US)     2896 / 2962       
Meanwhile in a mod I can't stop touching

The new barracks for the vampire building set are deceivingly similar to the archery in shape, but I hope clearly distinguishable by its furnishing and decoration (similarly the archery ranges are also slightly changed).

The reason for this, maybe odd, change, is that the old barracks were highly illogical from an architectural point of view, with roofs directly precluding windows and overall something seemed odd with the perspective... credit goes to Kor for the table and practice dummy, iron gc is responsible for the new graphics of the 'Thug' (the Age of Vampires equivalent of the Militia)...

[This message has been edited by Khan Ivayl (edited 09-18-2018 @ 08:42 AM).]

adamproxdude33
Squire
posted 09-18-18 10:36 AM CT (US)     2897 / 2962       
Thats the age of vampires mod isnt it that mod looks good very useful for a halloween special twitch stream.

What do you think of my screenshot
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 09-18-18 11:02 AM CT (US)     2898 / 2962       
Wanted to experiment with a few ideas and threw these together over the weekend in a single design session each.

Was aiming for a forbidden city based around a garden here;

Wanted a medieval inn built on the side of a bridge here, not sure I like all the roof styles used though;

Its a circle because I was too lazy to finish the corners a squared image would require

[This message has been edited by Kataphraktoi (edited 09-18-2018 @ 11:05 AM).]

Khan Ivayl
Squire
posted 09-18-18 11:17 AM CT (US)     2899 / 2962       
@adamproxdude: Which one? Sorry I am not browsing as frequently in the past, so I might have missed it :/
adamproxdude33
Squire
posted 09-18-18 12:52 PM CT (US)     2900 / 2962       
the one with the car with palisade walls and dark age houses
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 09-18-18 02:54 PM CT (US)     2901 / 2962       
@Kataphractoi: Looks lovely, particularly the second image with the bridge. I'm not sure how I feel about the architecture mod in the first image (the architecture feels a bit out of place compared with the other AoE2 sets). Can't fault the design though - it's a very well put together scene.

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies of one who has done well." - Hávamál

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1
Bassi
Squire
posted 09-19-18 03:33 AM CT (US)     2902 / 2962       
Looks amazing, Cata!

My AoC Workshop
Make Build & Destroy great again!
Khan Ivayl
Squire
posted 09-19-18 05:45 AM CT (US)     2903 / 2962       
@adamproxdude33:

Unfortunately I didn't get the movie reference :/ (Mad Max, maybe?) Eitherway nice "animation effect" It's supposed to be the car having rushed off leaving burning asphalt behind?
Tarsiz
Squire
posted 09-19-18 07:17 AM CT (US)     2904 / 2962       
It's obviously Back to the Future and if you have never watched it you should stop everything you are doing right now to correct this wrong.
Khan Ivayl
Squire
posted 09-19-18 07:40 AM CT (US)     2905 / 2962       
Watched it, but it was such a long time ago...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 81 82 83 84 85  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames