You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2962 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Your works of art.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Your works of art.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 82 83 84 85  Next Page »
Pitt_Man
Squire
(id: Dark_Reign)
posted 08-09-13 07:15 AM CT (US)         

We all love AoC. Why else would we be here? Why else would you be reading this thread?
With the seemingly less projects dominating the 1st page of SD&M, whether it be your work is not far along enough to post in the "Current Projects" thread, or even to have a thread of its' own. Why not give us a snippet of what you're working on?! Campaigns, Scenarios, Mods, anything!

It could be your big project, a side project, if you're just kicking back playing an RM or MP game or your favourite Campaign.
Even just messing around in the editor or Poser? I would love to see your raw works, or what you're up to in the world of AoC. Think of it as an "Instagram" for Age of Empires.

Take a screenshot of whatever you're working on (or playing with) in the editor or modding program, and share it with the community. No editing required to get rid of the editor's menu or your cursor, no theme, no voting. Just the sharing of...
Your works of art.

Need a place to host your images?
No registration needed-
Image Host+Imgur+Tiny Pic

Registration needed-
Image Shack+Photo Bucket+Flickr

Enjoy!

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 04-27-2016 @ 12:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
adamproxdude33
Squire
posted 09-19-18 09:31 AM CT (US)     2906 / 2962       
Tarsiz

I have watched all 3 back to the future its an awesome movie
time travel in aoe2
Al_Kharn the Great
Squire
posted 09-19-18 01:23 PM CT (US)     2907 / 2962       
Speaking of Back to the Future...

Filthydelphia Creations
Tristan & Iseult ~ 1st Place (tied), 2014 Historical Scenario Design Contest
City of Peace ~ 2nd Place, 2014 Minigame Competition
Dragon's Head, Serpent's Tail ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Defend the Spot Competition
Ragnar's Raids ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Historical Scenario Design Contest
Complete Campaign Collection
adamproxdude33
Squire
posted 09-19-18 04:16 PM CT (US)     2908 / 2962       
awesome is that supposed to be hill valley in the middle ages
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 09-21-18 06:46 PM CT (US)     2909 / 2962       
I'm not sure how I feel about the architecture mod in the first image (the architecture feels a bit out of place compared with the other AoE2 sets)
I partially agree, the scale and design is out of sync with the ES sets. On the other hand after seeing those same ES sets since '99 anything else is too much of a breath of fresh air not to enjoy, as long as it can meet a certain threshold of quality.

I was in the mood for some desert. Also they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so here is some of both

A trading sandship carrying spices arrives at the halfway point of its journey across the great desert.

Closer shot:

There is no modding in that screenshot

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
rewaider
Squire
posted 09-22-18 00:58 AM CT (US)     2910 / 2962       
Really interesting aesthetic
I particularly liked the use of broken bridges you've found there.

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
My Blacksmith
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 09-22-18 03:43 AM CT (US)     2911 / 2962       
Looks awesome. The flamethrowers under the ships serving as wheels are an extremely intelligent touch.

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies of one who has done well." - Hávamál

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1
Bassi
Squire
posted 09-22-18 05:12 AM CT (US)     2912 / 2962       
Looks cool! Got inspired by the PTC 2017, I guess?

My AoC Workshop
Make Build & Destroy great again!
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 09-22-18 08:49 AM CT (US)     2913 / 2962       
Yes indeed, the aesthetic and the sandship are based on Juval.

The interesting part is that putting bridges on sand results in them projecting bridge water, and wooden bridges on shallows project sand and\or bridge water, too. This is why Juval could not use these bridge pieces, only the ends. To get around this, I am actually using the upgrade UP Effect to turn other objects into bridges. In this case the bridges start as yurts and army tents in the editor and get transformed when the game starts. Thus they look like bridges without the annoying side effect of damaging terrain nearby.

I was using this trick in all three screenshots I posted lately. Since the canyon bridge was kind of obscured and hard to see, I also made this desert design where it was very obvious.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
Julius999
Imposter
posted 09-22-18 09:27 AM CT (US)     2914 / 2962       
That's a very nice piece of work.

Using elevation you can limit where the water created by the arched bridge pieces goes, and can often then cover it up with objects. However, a lot of the time I like to use the end pieces anyway. In Juval Province, I intended it to look like the sand next to the projecting quay was not completely level.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
Bassi
Squire
posted 09-22-18 01:56 PM CT (US)     2915 / 2962       
I am actually using the upgrade UP Effect to turn other objects into bridges.
Great idea! What happens if you save the game and then reload it? Still no water?

My AoC Workshop
Make Build & Destroy great again!
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 09-22-18 02:45 PM CT (US)     2916 / 2962       
It sticks. Its just using the bridge graphic. Its partly a tent or yurt in terms of hitbox and functionality, so you need to keep diplomatic states in mind when choosing who owns the original building.

In case someone wants to play with this idea without hassling with figuring out the UP Effects here is a copy paste of the lines needed and a screenshot of my setup
up-effect 3,3,716,607,0,1
up-effect 3,3,713,606,0,1
up-effect 3,3,715,739,0,1
up-effect 3,3,717,740,0,1
up-effect 3,3,714,738,0,1
up-effect 3,3,1198,741,0,1
up-effect 3,3,155,610,0,1
up-effect 3,3,72,609,0,1
up-effect 3,3,598,608,0,1
up-effect 3,3,1199,743,0,1
up-effect 3,3,1200,742,0,1
up-effect 3,3,117,605,0,1
up-effect 2,3,713,605,0,1

It would make a lot of sense to rework this at some point to use only yurts\army tents from a pair of players. Different sized objects will result in the bridges having different alignments.

[This message has been edited by Kataphraktoi (edited 09-22-2018 @ 02:54 PM).]

Cataphract887
Squire
posted 09-27-18 04:43 PM CT (US)     2917 / 2962       
So I was playing AoE1 and was getting fed up with the amazing pathfinding in that game, and tried out the Rome Returns mod on the smithy. Its surprisingly playable though the campaign AI is too aggressive to really be considered playable there. (takes every unit it has and attacks you from the start no matter what the situation)

With each passing season the dwindling river supplied less and less fresh water, leaving the village dependent on its fresh water spring to supply limited crops. Fierce competition over thin hunting opportunities was sure to escalate into full blown conflict with neighboring tribes...

Kinda strange but fun working with these AoE1 assets. They are quite small and placing rocks is beyond tedious. Plus its only userpatch1.4 so gotta be careful not to update that river.

[This message has been edited by Cataphract887 (edited 09-27-2018 @ 04:44 PM).]

John the Late
Knight
posted 09-28-18 02:43 AM CT (US)     2918 / 2962       
AoE1 is a great game. Still beats AoE2 in athmosphere in my book. Nothing like having the old soundtrack play while you're in the stone age, slowly making your progress, with a whale sometimes exhausting air near the shore, and with alligators preying upon villagers at some nearby shallows.
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 09-28-18 01:22 PM CT (US)     2919 / 2962       
I would agree with that, the music is amazing there, as are the graphics and visual style - one of the best ever IMO. The AoE DE graphics and music are objectively good but its a bizarre idea to renovate the best part of the game and leave its clunky core intact. They should have just made a spinoff title with those assets and had newer, refreshed gameplay under the hood.

rulick15
Squire
posted 09-30-18 10:00 PM CT (US)     2920 / 2962       
After reading this thread, I found that the shape of cliff on UserPatch version is same as cliff of old aoc. And terrain copy function of UserPatch client copies all attribute of units, including frame, state, rotation and so much things! It's really awesome and AESTHETIC! Therefore I could copied cliff like this with terrain copy ;D

[This message has been edited by rulick15 (edited 09-30-2018 @ 10:03 PM).]

MrMew
Huskarl
posted 10-02-18 08:50 AM CT (US)     2921 / 2962       
There is however a general lack of eye-candy in aoe I, I've been trying to use AoEE and its been frustrating. UP would be far more forgiving. Only thing thats annoying about the mod for AoC is that because of the tile size walls are weird (unless thats been fixed) and you can't use old terrain.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 10-02-18 02:53 PM CT (US)     2922 / 2962       
Only thing thats annoying about the mod for AoC is that because of the tile size walls are weird
Yeah its a real problem.

The lack of eyecandy certainly requires the usage of a minimalist style based on good terrain mixing etc. Its certainly much more difficult than the AoK editor, and honestly most of those gaia objects should have been left in the editor, very weird decision to remove vital objects like map revealers too

Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 10-16-18 02:52 AM CT (US)     2923 / 2962       
I really enjoyed those images, Cata! Nicely done. I also agree that there is something about the atmosphere in Age of Empires - it truly is unsurpassed.
adamproxdude33
Squire
posted 10-19-18 05:25 PM CT (US)     2924 / 2962       

Vill 1: Theres a dinosaur
Vill 2: Yeah they're everywhere
Vill 3: Wow we're surrounded
Vill 4: Lets just hide in the tents
Vill 1,2,3,4; Okay

[This message has been edited by adamproxdude33 (edited 10-19-2018 @ 05:26 PM).]

gag2000
Squire
posted 10-20-18 09:55 PM CT (US)     2925 / 2962       
i would hide in the jungle lol, stupid vills
adamproxdude33
Squire
posted 10-21-18 04:01 AM CT (US)     2926 / 2962       
hahaha they made a bad move

Welcome to Jurrasic park - John Hammond

[This message has been edited by adamproxdude33 (edited 10-21-2018 @ 04:03 AM).]

bitabino
Squire
posted 10-21-18 07:56 PM CT (US)     2927 / 2962       
How to make a peninsula and cays (small sand island)?
Berb
Squire
posted 10-30-18 03:38 PM CT (US)     2928 / 2962       
Got back into AoE2 Scenario Design. Here's a snap of a new scenario I'm working on.

adamproxdude33
Squire
posted 11-07-18 05:28 PM CT (US)     2929 / 2962       
Spiders invading a farm lol

dirtyharre
Squire
posted 11-14-18 03:24 AM CT (US)     2930 / 2962       
WIP...

[This message has been edited by dirtyharre (edited 11-14-2018 @ 02:43 PM).]

Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 12-02-18 03:38 PM CT (US)     2931 / 2962       
Abe Jin has been knocking it out of the park with a bunch of mods lately...trying out the dark age tents and palisades mod here with an english fishing village reminiscient of al kharns orkney:

Was going to replace the beaches with water but triggerstudio wont open

Julius999
Imposter
posted 12-02-18 04:54 PM CT (US)     2932 / 2962       
Nice scene, and the buildings look excellent.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
R_V_A
Squire
posted 12-02-18 06:24 PM CT (US)     2933 / 2962       
Good idea to make dark age TC resemble motte and bailey castle. Reminds me Stronghold

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 12-02-2018 @ 06:27 PM).]

Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 12-03-18 04:30 PM CT (US)     2934 / 2962       
The wooden palisades look awesome but is there a way to make the wood parts look more natural, currently close up they look cartoonish.

Domus Dulcis Domus --- Home Sweet Home...ZzZzZzZzZ
Pitt_Man
Squire
(id: Dark_Reign)
posted 12-05-18 02:16 AM CT (US)     2935 / 2962       
Why, do you still play the game in 800x600?

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 12-05-18 11:08 PM CT (US)     2936 / 2962       
Nice scene
Thanks!
currently close up they look cartoonish
Not sure, up close everything in this game looks like a blurry pixelated mess

Mash
Huskarl
posted 12-10-18 03:04 AM CT (US)     2937 / 2962       
I've recently been playing around in the editor with a scenario I designed over a few days last Christmas break. It's essentially a remake of the first scenario of the Princess Leia campaign from SWGB whereby you must protect the peaceful villages of Peche and Theenes at the centre of the map from two outlying Imperial encampments. The large river that splits the map in two is traversable only by three bridges connecting these villages, making them a strategic asset to protect from the Imperial attacks. I always enjoyed the idea of the scenario as well as the layout of the map, the downside being that it lacked the necessary challenge factor to truly make it memorable. I've thus set out to create a similar scenario but with a little more depth and plenty of challenge on each of the three difficulty levels.

Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 12-10-18 11:09 AM CT (US)     2938 / 2962       
It's essentially a remake of the first scenario of the Princess Leia campaign from SWGB
Despite being a star wars fan I could never tolerate playing SWGB The graphics and the aesthetic design of the game seems quite poor to me. Not sure how they messed it up so much since AoK\AoE1 look great.

Those screenshots are lovely;crisp and refreshing. Enough detailing while being playable for a B&D or whatnot. The one weird spot I noticed was in #3 where the stone wall appears to float on the cliff a bit, to the left of a needleless pine tree.

Mash
Huskarl
posted 12-10-18 03:07 PM CT (US)     2939 / 2962       
Thanks Cata. I've simply removed the cliff line under the walls there as it doesn't seem to take away from the aesthetic of an untraversable river. I've also removed the end wall piece to the far right (also hanging over the cliff) and created damage effects to the walls so it feels like they drop off into the river.
Despite being a star wars fan I could never tolerate playing SWGB The graphics and the aesthetic design of the game seems quite poor to me. Not sure how they messed it up so much since AoK\AoE1 look great.
I didn't mind it so much but it definitely feels weird compared to AoK, which is as you say much better aesthetically. It certainly had its moments but much of the scenario design was quite poor and simply had the player walking from one end of the map to the other while killing random groups of units in the way. I'd love to see a remake of SWGB or something similar as I feel the RTS element suits it perfectly and it has tonnes of potential to be a very good game.
Andanu Trisatya
Squire
posted 12-10-18 07:59 PM CT (US)     2940 / 2962       
I glanced at the screenshots without seeing who posted them and immediately knew they're designed by Mash.

████████
████████
/\NDANU TRISATY/\
The Least Skilled Member of StormWind Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 82 83 84 85  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames