You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.890 replies, Sticky
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » The Exchequer: Review Requests, Guidelines, and Tutorials
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Exchequer: Review Requests, Guidelines, and Tutorials
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 26  Next Page »
Possidon
Slayer
posted 08-03-15 03:51 PM CT (US)         

Welcome to The Exchequer!

This is a place for forummers to exchange comments, reviews and critique for files which they have downloaded and played. Here you can request reviews for your files, talk about file's you've recently downloaded and learn about how to write reviews and the rewards that come with it. Anybody can write a review for a requested file, you don't have to have any special requirements. It's not just for official reviewers.

WHY SHOULD I WRITE REVIEWS?

There are great things about writing reviews. Reviews are very useful for the file uploaders because it shows them what other people think about their files. It allows them to see what is good and bad about their files, and the reviews also offer constructive criticism that will include suggestions on how to improve the file in a future update. Reviews are also helpful for downloaders because it gives the downloader an idea of what to expect when they download the file.

Rewards
When a reviewer reaches a certain milestone they may earn rewards for their achievements:

• 10 reviews: the ability to choose a custom title for your forum profile.
  • 25 reviews: become eligible to receive Official Reviewer status, and the denotation as such in one's Blacksmith profile.
  • Every subsequent 10 reviews (e.g. upon reaching 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 etc), the ability to choose a new custom title for forum profile.

• BECOMING AN OFFICIAL REVIEWER

Once a forummer has written 25 approved reviews they are eligible to become an Official Reviewer, although this is not guaranteed and may require further improvement on the reviewer's behalf. Official reviewers should be the most dedicated reviewers, writing detailed and constructive reviews that help improve the files they review. All reviews that are rated 4.0 or above by official reviewers will appear in The Blacksmith's Best Files list. Requests to become an official reviewer should be sent via email to HockeySam.

ACTIVE THREAD REVIEWERS
    (In order of number of reviews)

Possidon (41), Cataphract887 (198), Lord Basse (128), Mashek (125), Jatayu (84), HockeySam18 (82), Popeychops (66), Julius999 (31), Great_Artiste (28), kud13 (15)

OFFICIAL REVIEWERS
    (In order of number of reviews)

Possidon (241), Tanneur99 (229), Cataphract887 (198), Lord Basse (128), Mashek (125), BrandNewCar (91), Jatayu (84), HockeySam18 (82), Panel (76), Popeychops (66), CerberusXXL (36), Angel Jerusalem (34), Devestator (33), Stephen Richards (31), Julius999 (31), RoboPaul88 (26), DTrungle (25), RF_Gandalf (24), Angel Rasher (23), Angel Park (22), The Downward Spiral (22), Mr Wednesday (20), AnastasiaKafka (20), Cherub Lobby (20), Berserker Jerker (18), Mayank Sharma (12), Dark_Warrior_1_ (11), Ingo van Thiel (8), Matei (7), Cat (6), Gordon Farrell (5), Angel SpineMan (4), Cherub thurdl01 (2)

REVIEW REQUESTS LIST

The list below consists of a number of requests and/or downloads recently reviewed. Requests are marked R and updates U. Anybody is free to review whichever file they want, but should be aware that the designers at the top of each list are waiting the longest for a review. Files that have received a review in the time of request in this thread will be removed from the list unless a second opinion is requested.

Cinematic Scenarios:

Showcase Scenarios:

Single Player:
    R Alba gu Brath, by Possidon: No Reviewer
    R Cavern Pirates - Captain's Revenge, by rewaider; No Reviewer
    R Project: Just Juice, by Lil_Lebowski; No Reviewer
    R DOOM, by HELLKNIGHT61; No Reviewer
    R Wrath of the Traibs, by Possidon; No Reviewer

Multiplayer:
    R Ardar Diplomacy, by croatianboss; No reviewer
    R The Lord of the Rings, by croatianboss; No reviewer

Mod Packs:
    R Wheel of Time: End of the Third Age - Beta, by Seonid; Reviewer: Mashek
    R Realism Mod v1.12 - 250 pop limit, unit/tech edits, by Keisari Tapsa; No Reviewer
    R Still in the Dark Age, by Mr Mew; No reviewer
    R Hero Expansion Redux, by Possidon; No Reviewer'
    R Tower of London, by Pepp; No Reviewer
    R Avignon Palace, by Pepp; No Reviewer
    R Duomo di Siena, by Pepp; No Reviewer
    R Borderland Empires, by Khan Ivayl; No Reviewer
    WAIFor's Amusement Mod 2.4, by WAIFor; Reviewer: Possidon 4.0
    Dover Castle, by DeathPreacher; Reviewer: Possidon 4.5
    Spartan Warrior, by Achesun; Reviewer: Possidon 5.0

Utilities:
    R Notepad++ AI Editor, by beladar; No Reviewer
    R Custom Icons Pack, by Possidon; No Reviewer

AI Files:

Random Maps:

Recorded Games:

FILE UPDATES AND OBSELETE REVIEWS

Please edit your review after an update. A designer can ask for the removal of all reviews after an update if he feels that they do not represent the actual version of his submission. Reviews that address issues that are fixed, altered or ameliorated do not serve the visitors of our site. A review has to be a valuable tool for the designer and the downloader.

RECENT UPDATES/ REVIEWS TO EDIT
    (In order of date of the update)

Please read the REVIEW GUIDELINES

Without trying to enforce the Review Guidelines as something as law, they are still a very important part of the review system here at Age of Kings Heaven, and are used to create consistency between reviewers at the Blacksmith in order to establish fairness and equality for reviews. With the Review Guidelines’ recent update all reviewers need to take into account the new addition of rules when reviewing. However, Angel SpineMan’s primary objective for reviewing in the Old Guidelines still applies today:

“This article will provide a description of how to write quality reviews for Age of Kings Heaven that are scored consistently between reviewers and are helpful to both the file's creator as well as the potential downloader.”

In some cases, a small percentage of reviewers tend to review files according to their own rules, leading to inconsistency between reviews at the Blacksmith, which is neither helpful nor fair to anyone. To have reviews at the Blacksmith that are fair and helpful, reviewers have to follow some rules to score consistently.

If you have any questions about reviewing, please do not hesitate to post in this thread!

Single Player Campaigns and Scenarios

There are many invaluable lessons to learn when becoming a good reviewer, and a few other things besides that will result in a good and fair review. Some things are self-evident when reviewing a file; in general, do not review game styles you do not enjoy and review files according to the date of its release. There are many files back in 2000-2002 that received a score of a high 4, which would not fit the standards of today. You have to take into account the standards of the day, and rate accordingly. In addition, if the scenario is designed for original Age of Kings, review it playing AoK.

Below you will find a general breakdown of each category from a review for your convenience.

PLAYABILITY is about the fun you had while playing a scenario, and here you need to mention what affected your enjoyment in a positive and/or negative way.

BALANCE is about how easy or difficult a scenario was for you. You should mention which difficulty you played on when reviewing, although this is not mandatory. A good approach to reviewing a file would be to start with moderate and later change to standard, to see if the scenario was too easy or too hard or well-balanced overall; before ending off with hard difficulty. However, reviewers will need to take into account that not all files are difficulty-level-dynamic. In general, remember that you are rating the file according to your own skill level and not that of others.

CREATIVITY covers every aspect of a scenario. Remember that a file does not need anything new to achieve a high score.

MAP DESIGN scores compared to a random map which rates 2.0. Anything worse or better than a random map may be rated up or down accordingly. Some tips for rating this category is that you rate what you see during game play, which means no Marco and Polo. The map size and how much of the map was used should not affect the rating.

STORY/INSTRUCTIONS is a little more interesting than some. Probably the most common detail reviewers tend to overlook is that this category covers two aspects of any scenario, story and instructions. Not just one or the other. If the file is lacking in one then you can make note of that in the review and mark down accordingly. However, this does not pertain to multiplayer scenarios, whereby a story is not mandatory. In general, the presence of a functional story (while not necessarily being a good story) with instructions should be midpoint, a 3. From there you should be able to give an accurate overall rating for this category.

Non-Playable Scenarios

For files such as those where playability is void and map design is the only feature of the file (e.g. entries to the Totally-Terrain Contest), the category should therefore be used to take a look at the technical and creative qualities of the map design, while referring to how that design pushes the boundaries of realism in an AOK environment. One particular thing to note here is that just because the file is all about pretty map design, that doesn’t mean it cannot feature any creative features that might breathe life into the design, such as towns brought to life by wandering villagers, people going about their everyday lives, and other unique devices besides. Basically, anything that goes into making the map more alive and as such realistic should be taken into consideration. As the file will likely feature little anything else other than map design, a single overall rating between 1 and 5 will be fine.

Scenarios without Fighting

An exception to the balance category is when the author of a particular file did not intend any fighting, or very little of, to feature in the scenario. From the review guidelines:

One important note about scoring the balance category for scenarios is that where no fighting takes place, such as some puzzle scenarios and some RPG-style scenarios, is that just because the player cannot die in such scenarios, that doesn't mean the scenario isn't balanced. Difficulty can also be present via puzzles or other devices, and the balance of these should be taken into account.

For files such as the Pretty Town Contest entries whereby there is a great degree of walking and nothing else much, reviewers should therefore take into account the author’s intention. If it was intended that you walk around and gaze at the beauty and wonder of a landscape, then you need to rate on that account.

Rating Cut-scene Style Scenarios

Cut-scenes rate like any other scenario, the defining factor being that most cut-scenes do not allow any interaction for the player, requiring only that the player sits down and watches. One thing to note is the change of the category BALANCE to PACING, which primarily denotes the flow of the cut-scene. Well timed sequences with good flow should score strongly here, while cut-scenes with little structure or planning, sound effects appearing out of sync and the like, should score poorly.

Modification Pack Script

A Modification Pack Script (MPS) is mainly an item for the player, which has a limited use for designers; the content will not always suit a designer’s endeavours in scenario design and is very limited to its audience. Keep this in mind when you rate mod pack scripts for USEFULNESS/NOVELTY and QUALITY/INSTRUCTIONS. The main categories are USEFULNESS and QUALITY for the overall rating of a MPS. Use NOVELTY and INSTRUCTIONS to correct the category rating. Still, for a perfect rating the MPS has to excel in all four categories.

Utilities

There is no official guideline for reviewing utilities, but for some ideas you can go here. A utility is a tool for the designer and has hardly any use for the player; keep this in mind when you rate utilities for USEFULNESS/NOVELTY and QUALITY/INSTRUCTIONS. Often you cannot rate the novelty factor because the file is another eye candy map of Lord of the Rings, a Volcano, Waterfall, Trigger Guide, Tutorial or collection of battle sounds. In other words, nothing new. Originally the fifth category was Creativity but this was too close to Novelty, better to have the two rated together if possible. When you feel Novelty does not apply, you can replace it with Creativity. The four categories are of equal importance for the overall rating of a utility.

Random Map Script

Review Thread History

Luke Gevaerts started the Review Request Thread 03/30/2002. Tanneur took over 11/30/2002 until 7/11/2009. Mashek then hosted the thread until 05/19/2012, when it was taken over by Panel until about 01/10/14. After Panel stepped down as staff, it was left alone for about 6 months without being updated until Possidon took over the thread where it was completely revamped and turned into The Exchequer.

[This message has been edited by Mash (edited 08-03-2019 @ 08:03 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
    The Great Artiste
    Serial No. 44-27353
    (id: Great_Artiste)
    posted 03-31-17 00:08 AM CT (US)     316 / 890       
    I could be what @Bassi mentioned as I use firefox too. Will try again later today Thank you all for help :*

Co-creator and leader of Monsoon Studios

You are kneeling with your tongue out? What exactly do you think is going to happen here? - Matt

A drush is not a knockout punch; it is the first punch in a combo - Barbarossa
    Cataphract887
    Squire
    posted 04-02-17 03:59 PM CT (US)     317 / 890       
    I just noticed the AoEH Review Guidelines has been infected with the black diamonds of doom;poor fellas

Edit;scroll down a bit blind guy

"�Don�t down load this as it sucks or worse.�
    you may decide it�s worth 2-3.
    So don�t just look at the pretty flowers � look
    Even if there isn�t
    even if you�ve already beaten it
    a way you haven�t, that is creative
    scenario�s replayability "

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel

[This message has been edited by Cataphract887 (edited 04-03-2017 @ 08:20 AM).]

Mash
    Huskarl
    (id: Mashek)
    posted 04-03-17 06:13 AM CT (US)     318 / 890       
    devagrawal09
    Squire
    posted 04-03-17 01:09 PM CT (US)     319 / 890       
    I am trying with my first review but keep experiencing a problem: I click post review and it relocates me to login. I login and then it throws me to blacksmith overview
    Happened with me too while posting comments. Here's what you do - after logging in when you are taken to blacksmith index page, just press the back button two times (or the necessary amount) so that you are taken to the file page, and refresh. You should be logged in and on the file page, so you can click comment or review without being taken to that login screen again.

(EDIT) It is also not a browser problem. This loop problem should not happen if you have checked "stay logged in" while logging in. (Just in case anyone is wondering, I am a web developer, so I know some stuff)

|E)\/

[This message has been edited by devagrawal09 (edited 04-03-2017 @ 01:14 PM).]

Cataphract887
    Squire
    posted 04-03-17 01:47 PM CT (US)     320 / 890       
    Ever so slightly off topic, i reviewed Tarquin's Downfall by Bassi which received a 4.4 for anyone here who has a soft spot for AoE\Ror i would highly recommend it, an intense and challenging game with good mapping

They dont have an Exchequer or anything alive like this forum over there, so i hope you dont mind the review mention guys. They dont even have a review approval process it seems, because my review appeared instantly.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
    Mash
    Huskarl
    posted 04-03-17 04:09 PM CT (US)     321 / 890       
    Bassi
    Squire
    posted 04-03-17 04:55 PM CT (US)     322 / 890       
    Ever so slightly off topic, i reviewed Tarquin's Downfall by Bassi which received a 4.4 for anyone here who has a soft spot for AoE\Ror i would highly recommend it, an intense and challenging game with good mapping
    Thank you very much for your review! I agree with everything you wrote about the scenario. You're right with every "weak point" you mentioned. Maybe I'll do another AoE scenario in the future - and if so, I will then try to improve.
    Thanks again!
    Mash
    Huskarl
    posted 04-04-17 07:49 AM CT (US)     323 / 890       
    I have reviewed Arcontia Chronicles by Hagop giving it a 2.6.

Heh, I have written more reviews over the last 3 months than I have since 2011.

[This message has been edited by Mash (edited 04-04-2017 @ 07:52 AM).]

Bassi
    Squire
    posted 04-04-17 09:49 AM CT (US)     324 / 890       
    It's really a good thing, that you all do this review stuff. It really helps to keep a community alive.
    Cataphract887
    Squire
    posted 04-04-17 10:25 AM CT (US)     325 / 890       
    Glad to hear that Actually when i first came back, i thought this place was half dead;its good to see it still lively lately and there are many more active guys around just beneath the surface posting in the art thread, etc.

[This message has been edited by Cataphract887 (edited 04-04-2017 @ 11:12 AM).]

Mash
    Huskarl
    posted 04-04-17 04:34 PM CT (US)     326 / 890       
    I find even just a couple of reviewers working consistently tends to get others on board as well. This thread was to all intents and purposes dead at the start of the year, but with all the reviewing activity from a number of people that has completely changed.

You were probably not wrong to think so Cata, as many people who frequented the forums became busy with real life (such as university) and thus were unable to devote any time here beyond general browsing.
    Cataphract887
    Squire
    posted 04-04-17 09:40 PM CT (US)     327 / 890       
    I have reviewed Campaña del General Belisario - The Belisarius Campaign which received a 2.8 not a very playable campaign but it was interesting to see the designers skill increase considerably throughout, and by the end the maps were actually looking pretty good. The translation is terrible though, perhaps mainly assisted by google translate. It just seems broken to me if you can win missions by leaving guys on defensive only or have to garrison in castles to lure\heal hundreds of enemies

Not to be confused with this other Belisarius project thread which looks interesting for B&D lovers.

[This message has been edited by Cataphract887 (edited 04-05-2017 @ 00:17 AM).]

Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 04-05-17 12:40 PM CT (US)     328 / 890       
    It's great to have more reviewing going on again! I've just reviewed Wolfcastle 2: Silence of the Clowns by Andres_age giving it a 4.4.

I have also reviewed Cataphract's Three Music Packs giving them all a 5.0

I am now only 8 reviews away from matching Tanneur!

[This message has been edited by Possidon (edited 04-05-2017 @ 01:04 PM).]

Cataphract887
    Squire
    posted 04-05-17 03:15 PM CT (US)     329 / 890       
    I am now only 8 reviews away from matching Tanneur!
    Awesome, going to reach new highs!

Glad you enjoyed the music

Mash
    Huskarl
    posted 04-05-17 04:17 PM CT (US)     330 / 890       
    Awesome work guys. It is great seeing all this activity. Hopefully we can continue to rope one another into more review writing!

On another note, I've been pretty busy lately and will get to your reviews gradually. If any other mods read this, feel free to approve some reviews for me - but don't forget to update the respective reviewer's tally in this thread!

*Nek minute - Tanneur comes back from the dead with 30 new reviews*
    Cataphract887
    Squire
    posted 04-05-17 05:41 PM CT (US)     331 / 890       
    Its all good, take your time. I noticed you can view if a review is in the system correctly by going to your own reviews submitted list;not yet approved reviews show up instantly there with the first sentence or so viewable.

Bassi
    Squire
    posted 04-06-17 04:17 AM CT (US)     332 / 890       
    After reading your review for KoD again, I realised that you maybe have played the campaign running an old game version, Cataphract. I think so, because of what you wrote here:
    I also didn't quite understand the historical placements of all five;who is Khabul Khan? In scenario two, we just jump straight into Tamerlane sending his associates to do a mission, without any real explanation of why we are here.
    Since 5.2 the history text should be shown in-game. It sounds like you were playing with an older version, so there were no access to all instruction sections. Is that possible? If so, you may want to have a quick look on that again!

Oh, way more important: That goes for the contest entry as well, of course! Here I put quite much afford in the history section, so it would be a pity, if any of the judges would not have read it before the contest is trough! Not to mention that .avi and .bmp now should work correctly as well!
    Cataphract887
    Squire
    posted 04-06-17 08:41 AM CT (US)     333 / 890       
    Thats certainly the case, and i will check up on that revoew for KoD in a bit(thats really an unfortunate shortening, CoD) and i did take a glance at the HD entries with 5.3 and now can see that extra info. I already discussed it with HockeySam and so might touchup the comments i made there, but i would say the 5.3beta came out well after the contest deadline and 5.2beta only a bit before, and i dont think its entirely expected to run a beta instead of the official release. I will take a look if anything needs changing.

Bassi
    Squire
    posted 04-06-17 09:22 AM CT (US)     334 / 890       
    and i dont think its entirely expected to run a beta instead of the official release.
    Yes, you're right here. But maybe you're still willing to have a look on it (speaking of the contest here). I think it adds quite much to the scenario.
    The Great Artiste
    Serial No. 44-27353
    posted 04-07-17 07:22 AM CT (US)     335 / 890       
    I wish to apply myself as a (unofficial) reviewer of Children of a Dying sun

You are kneeling with your tongue out? What exactly do you think is going to happen here? - Matt

devagrawal09
    Squire
    posted 04-07-17 09:18 AM CT (US)     336 / 890       
    You don't have to apply to review. You can just go to the blacksmith page and give your review. The review will be , arghhh, reviewed by moderators and, if they feel good, will be posted.

|E)\/
    The Great Artiste
    Serial No. 44-27353
    posted 04-19-17 10:30 AM CT (US)     337 / 890       
    I wrote my first review today. I did Al_Kharn's Ragnar's Raids, giving it a nice 4.8 score. Now waiting to see if it will be approved.

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 04-20-2017 @ 12:19 PM).]

Mash
    Huskarl
    posted 04-20-17 00:01 AM CT (US)     338 / 890       
    @Great Artiste, very nice first review! Good work and keep them coming. The only issue I could find was that you wrote a 4 for creativity despite rating it a 5. I have also listed you down as a reviewer for Children of a Dying Sun.
    The Great Artiste
    Serial No. 44-27353
    posted 04-20-17 03:49 AM CT (US)     339 / 890       
    Wow yeah about creativity I rated it 4 must have been a mistake :/ I apologize. How could i fix that? Also yeah I'm in the process of playing Children of a dying sun, but played Ragnar's raids this weekend and decided to do that first. I apologize again if this caused any trouble

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 04-20-2017 @ 03:50 AM).]

Al_Kharn the Great
    Squire
    posted 04-20-17 06:19 AM CT (US)     340 / 890       
    Thank you for the review, Great_Artiste! Glad you enjoyed the scenario.

On Children of a Dying Sun, I fear that all the changes from two DLCs and several patches may have broken a few things about the scenarios. I haven't taken a look but Cataphract pointed out at least one new bug. I won't have time in the short-term to go in and figure out what has broke, however.

Filthydelphia Creations
    Tristan & Iseult ~ 1st Place (tied), 2014 Historical Scenario Design Contest
    City of Peace ~ 2nd Place, 2014 Minigame Competition
    Dragon's Head, Serpent's Tail ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Defend the Spot Competition
    Ragnar's Raids ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Historical Scenario Design Contest
    Complete Campaign Collection
    Mash
    Huskarl
    posted 04-20-17 06:50 AM CT (US)     341 / 890       
    No need to apologize, Great Artiste! No issue. I've already edited the review and made the fix. For future reference, there's a small blue 'edit' button at the top of your review.
    The Great Artiste
    Serial No. 44-27353
    posted 04-20-17 10:00 AM CT (US)     342 / 890       
    Thank you Mash. I probably confused myself, because it was hard to decide between 5 and 4. It was really close but anyway felt more like a 4 in the end. Still a great scenario. Also Al_Kharn I have some tiny suggestions that might improve gameplay. I wasn't sure if I should write them in the review so I saved them for the forum.

Also Mash (and others too): No problem if you shorten Great_Artiste into Artiste only

I would also be pleased if you could tell me about mistakes in my English. It's not my first language and sometimes I mess things up. Thanks

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 04-22-2017 @ 04:50 AM).]

Mash
    Huskarl
    posted 04-20-17 09:18 PM CT (US)     343 / 890       
    Thank you Mash. I probably confused myself, because it was hard to decide between 5 and 4. It was really close but anyway feeled more like a 4 in the end.
    No problem. If I'm caught between two ratings I would usually write 4+ (a 4.5 if you will) to that category, basically to say very good but not quite perfect.
    Also Al_Kharn I have some tiny suggestions that might improve gameplay. I wasn't sure if I should write them in the review so I saved them for the forum.
    Sometimes I include a "suggestions" category at the end of my reviews, but emailing the author or posting a comment in his thread if he has one is also ideal.
    I would also be pleased if you could tell me about mistakes in my English. It's not my first language and sometimes I mess things up. Thanks
    You could have fooled me honestly, save for a few bits here and there. Actually, now that you ask - in the above quotation of my comment you will see you wrote "feeled". The correct term here would be "felt", so "but anyway it felt more like a..."

One example of this used in a sentence might be:

1. "I could feel the sword hilt in my bare hands."
    2. "I felt the sword hilt in my bare hands."

English is a rather tricky language in that there are always so many ways to describe something. Fun if you enjoy writing, but difficult even for everyday speakers.
    The Great Artiste
    Serial No. 44-27353
    posted 04-20-17 11:27 PM CT (US)     344 / 890       
    I forgot the right past form of feel. My english teacher probably just had a hearth attack.

Yeah suggestions for Al_Kharn

- Player recives quite some fishing ships, but there aren't many fish in the sea. Maybe adding some more would help (Not the York scenario amount ), that the fishing ship would be useful a bit longer.

- I experienced something that might be a messed up trigger. At the moment those eastern vikings attack there were 2 messages overlapping, one of them saying:"Ragnar drove out the invaders." I assume this was supposed to be sent when the player repeled their attack. Also this attack was devastating and I lost all but one of my villagers. I would recomend that you include villager spawn in Ragnar's first base, something like 1000gold for 1 and blocking this when something like 8 villager pop is reached. Maybe doing this just for easier difficulty levels?

Thats everything for now, but I'll replay it again very soon and report here again

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 04-20-2017 @ 11:36 PM).]

Mash
    Huskarl
    posted 04-21-17 04:50 AM CT (US)     345 / 890       
    My english teacher probably just had a hearth attack.
    If he had a heart attack earlier, then the paramedics are struggling to resuscitate him as we speak!
    The Great Artiste
    Serial No. 44-27353
    posted 04-21-17 06:16 AM CT (US)     346 / 890       
    I better stay quiet now
    If I write stuff on my computer wrong things get the nice little red underline, nicely showing me my mistakes, while if writing on the phone it doesn't. Also a lot more typos happen with phone writing. I also struggle a lot with right if clauses and tenses. At least I get some practice from writing so much in english lately. Another thing we do differently is the placing of commas, usually in writing of decimals: 12.4 (Twelve point 4) is 12,4 here and 12,000,000 (12 million) is 12.000.000. We also use them in normal sentences a lot more than English does, as well as in if clauses. Therefore this causes confusion.

Heart was written on my phone (no beautiful red lines )

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 04-21-2017 @ 06:25 AM).]

MrMew
    Huskarl
    posted 04-21-17 06:45 AM CT (US)     347 / 890       
    English is a rather tricky language
    Aren't all languages tricky? I gave up on Spanish.

Time of Tea
    Still in the Dark Age
    Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
    Al_Kharn the Great
    Squire
    posted 04-21-17 07:08 AM CT (US)     348 / 890       
    - Player recives quite some fishing ships, but there aren't many fish in the sea. Maybe adding some more would help (Not the York scenario amount ), that the fishing ship would be useful a bit longer.

I've seen this comment before but am confused. Fish traps will give you a great return on the money given wood usually wouldn't be a problem.

Filthydelphia Creations
    The Great Artiste
    Serial No. 44-27353
    posted 04-21-17 07:13 AM CT (US)     349 / 890       
    WOW. The moment I saw fishing traps in your reply I realized how insanely dumb I am. Anyways a few more fish would IMHO make a see look a bit more interesting. At least a Great Marlin or 2 in the deep water

Al_Kharn the Great
    Squire
    posted 04-21-17 08:09 AM CT (US)     350 / 890       
    You're not the only one to forget about fish traps. I feel like most players forget about them. I suppose the Malay bonus kind of exists in Rajas as a reminder.

Filthydelphia Creations
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 26  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames