You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sengoku Total Conversion - Released!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 14  Next Page »
posted 10-30-16 02:16 AM CT (US)   
SENGOKU is a total conversion project for Age of Empires II: The Conquerors. The mod aims to replicate a historically accurate but fun experience of being a Daimyo during the Sengoku period of Japan.

- 99% of graphics changed to reflect the Sengoku Period. 100+ new units, buildings, animals, terrains, eye candy and more.
- Completely new sounds, music, interface, icons and main menu to fit the Japanese Sengoku period.
- New unit lines based on the military of Sengoku Japan: Train powerful Samurai, Yari Ashigaru, Sohei, Teppo units, new Japanese ships and destroy castles with a completely brand new range of siege units. Also, loads of new units or editor units and heroes such as Jesuits, Bhikku, Geisha, Children, Ronin and more!
- New and improved technologies; including a full enhancement of the blacksmith - catered to the types of armour within the Sengoku period.
- New 5th resource has been added, called Honour. Fully supported in scenario editor. Gain this by killing enemy troops and use it to train new units or conduct special abilities.

Still to come:
- New SENGOKU AI- Brand new campaigns and scenarios selectable from main menu.- New selection voices and voice acting.

- All new units, unit traits, balancing and tactical options, giving a unique and refreshing spin to the AOK classic gameplay.
- Religion: choose either Buddhism or Christianity and receive different bonuses, units and techs specific to which religion you choose.
- Redefine siege and ship battles, with all new options specific to the Sengoku period. Do you opt for standard siege weapons, or do you choose to use costly Nanban cannons?
- Each clan has trainable and unique Hero units specific to their clan, which can attack troops and heal on the battlefield. Each Clan Hero also has 5 trainable bodyguards.
- Ninja unit, is almost invisible on the map and doesn't get auto attacked. Use this unit to sneak on enemy villagers or Heroes and assassinate them.
- Ninja Missions: Sabotage enemy techs, buildings and more, with the new ninja missions. Ninja missions can only be conducted with enough gold and honour, and you must wait between missions before conducting the next one.
- New clan abilities; short term effects which are unique to each clan. Re-use abilities after a set amount of time. These cost Honour to perform.
- Brand new unique and intriguing RMS maps, specifically tailored for Sengoku, to ensure an authentic and fun experience of fighting across Japan.

- For the first time ever in AOC, completely brand new terrains. You can choose from over 130 terrains to ensure you get the perfect design.
- Another first timer for AOK, multiple new cliff types, place-able in editor.
- Elevation up to 11 from 7.- Create more detailed scenarios with Extended Triggers.
- Seasons have come to Sengoku. Multiple tree sets, each with their own seasonal varient (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Snow).
- Tons of new eye candy; shrine/temple/battlefield/farm/random objects, vegetation, rocks, buildings, scenario placeables (like no LOS surviver units etc), and more!

Asakura
Chosokabe
Date
Hojo
Mori
Oda
Otomo
Shimazu
Takeda
Tokugawa
Toyotomi
Uesugi

The BETA version of Sengoku Total conversion is available. Download it from ModDB here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/sengoku-age-of-empires-2-total-conversion/downloads/sengokutc-installer.

Discord ModDB
Current Team: Achesun, R_V_A, Sebastien and Daniel Pereira. Thank you for reading, and stay tuned for more news!

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 09-03-2021 @ 09:05 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-28-17 10:36 AM CT (US)     316 / 477  
I'll try to experiment with an editor object maybe, if I can create some sort of transparent colour object, like a shadow but bluey, to create the illusion of flooded water over any terrain; and make it animated.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 11-15-2017 @ 04:34 AM).]

posted 07-29-17 07:18 AM CT (US)     317 / 477  
The WIP picture already looks promising!

For the "flooded plain" terrain, maybe it can be just a watery looking land terrain that is walk-able, and create water tracks when units passed by?

[This message has been edited by Achesun (edited 07-29-2017 @ 07:27 AM).]

posted 07-29-17 10:25 AM CT (US)     318 / 477  
For the "flooded plain" terrain, maybe it can be just a watery looking land terrain that is walk-able, and create water tracks when units passed by?
That would be the idea yea, but it still just looks awful. Even if I matched the colours more, I've tested it with a few terrains, it just looks bad. Unfortunately it seems the blending with the water is the problem, and the mix on animated next to unanimated is meh.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 10-15-2017 @ 00:55 AM).]

posted 07-29-17 10:33 PM CT (US)     319 / 477  
This mod looks highly promising! Keep up the good work, and if you ever need a tester or designer, you'll know where to find me.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
posted 08-03-17 02:44 AM CT (US)     320 / 477  
Thanks, MrMew! Now here comes another introduction of what's coming.

Generic Units Introduction Part 2: Archery Dojo

The Archery Dojo is the counterpart of the Archery Range in Aoe2. In this building, you can train two types of infantry units: Archers and Teppo Ashigaru.

Yumi, the Japanese bow, is a common tradition weapon used in Sengoku warfare. Well trained archers can be an effective force to deal with enemy infantry, as they are fast and accurate. However, it takes longer time to train the archer units, and they are quite vulnerable in close ranged combat.

The introduction of European firearms largely changed the way of Japanese warfare. Teppo, or Japanese matchlock, is an costly weapon to purchase or produce, but effective against units weakly armored. Although being very slow to fire, inaccurate, and less effective in rainy days, the most notable advantage of Teppo is that even farmers can easily learn to use this type of weapon. Such advantage makes the Teppo Ashigaru the better option when you want to from a group of missile force quickly. In this mod, you have to unlock the Teppo units through the technology "Teppo Production"(or "Teppo Import" for some clans) from the Nanban Trading Post building.
posted 08-09-17 10:00 AM CT (US)     321 / 477  
the mounted units in post 316 have too much player colour and it is very tricky for the eye. please restrain the player colour and add it only for the saddle and the flag attached to the back of the soldier, in this way will see exactly the vertical blue stripes that are represented by the flags!
posted 08-19-17 11:47 PM CT (US)     322 / 477  
I kinda agree its too much player color and it looks too flat,but if its already rendered no point in changing.

Good work on finishing up the roster Achesun waiting to see the cavalry lines. Im assuming one scout 3 heavy cavalry and 2 horse archers??
posted 08-21-17 09:04 PM CT (US)     323 / 477  
the mounted units in post 316 have too much player colour and it is very tricky for the eye. please restrain the player colour and add it only for the saddle and the flag attached to the back of the soldier, in this way will see exactly the vertical blue stripes that are represented by the flags!
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think it looks fine. Like Mahazona says, it's already rendered and would take much time to remake it.
Im assuming one scout 3 heavy cavalry and 2 horse archers??
That's pretty close. We have 2 horse archers, 3 Katana Cavalry and 2 Yari Cavalry.
posted 08-22-17 04:11 AM CT (US)     324 / 477  
Are you using blender?
posted 08-22-17 04:32 PM CT (US)     325 / 477  
Hi, it's my first time in this fortum and I got to say I fell in love with all these buildings! Are there any building done for the castle or Imperial ages? Also any video as a preview?

Maybe for Imperial age this could use some of these:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=913883021
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=728445565

And this mind-blowning magnificent palace/castle/marvel:
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=9&tn=43899&st=317

Again I love all of this, can't wait hahaha.
posted 08-22-17 10:14 PM CT (US)     326 / 477  
Are you using blender?
Yes, all the units are animated and rendered with blender. Some props were modeled with other programs like sketchup, though.
Are there any building done for the castle or Imperial ages?
Yes, castle and imperial buildings are also planned/under progress.
posted 08-22-17 10:54 PM CT (US)     327 / 477  
Hi Achesun, How are you?!

I think (and hope) you could find this article related to Japanes Siege warfare, useful as it was to me!

Keep up your huge work!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!
posted 08-23-17 01:35 AM CT (US)     328 / 477  
I remember seeing a cannon with a siege crew working on it.will the other siege units have working crew or self working like the vanilla units.
posted 08-23-17 07:02 AM CT (US)     329 / 477  
Thanks for that link AFFA, it's an interesting read.
posted 08-23-17 08:09 AM CT (US)     330 / 477  
Indeed Tatsuo, so it will completely revalue my thoughs about Japanese warfare, especially because I'm an original name hunter, and this page provides me a good amount of Japanese specific names for siege-related things!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!
posted 08-23-17 10:46 AM CT (US)     331 / 477  
In blender you can use script to switch camera angles and render all frames.

http://flarerpg.org/blog/20150607
posted 08-23-17 09:31 PM CT (US)     332 / 477  
@Affa: Thanks for the article! An interesting one indeed!

@Mahazona: That will be revealed when I'm introducing the Siege workshop units : )

@Todler: Wow, thanks! That's really helpful.
posted 08-28-17 12:41 PM CT (US)     333 / 477  
The buildingset showed in pictures will apply to all clans? The mod will include real-life buildings, as wonders for each clan maybe?

Also, gotta love that stone torii at the end of the bridge. I think it would be nice to make a red one and place it in front of some shrines (monasteries). Not to be part of the monastery, just a separated thing like a map decoration.

[This message has been edited by pantuflasdecoco (edited 08-28-2017 @ 06:15 PM).]

posted 08-29-17 08:37 PM CT (US)     334 / 477  
The buildingset showed in pictures will apply to all clans? The mod will include real-life buildings, as wonders for each clan maybe?
Yes, the building set will apply to all clans. We had considered to make a special wonder for all clans, but for various reasons we decide to make one same wonder building for every clan for now: the Shogunate. In the future, we might add new editor buildings featuring real-life buildings, though.
Also, gotta love that stone torii at the end of the bridge. I think it would be nice to make a red one and place it in front of some shrines (monasteries). Not to be part of the monastery, just a separated thing like a map decoration.
We do have a red one in the editor. In the picture below, you can see Torii Mototada ridding through the Torii.

[This message has been edited by Achesun (edited 08-30-2017 @ 09:37 PM).]

posted 08-30-17 07:52 AM CT (US)     335 / 477  
The art looks great! But why does the image overall look like it's been warped?
posted 08-30-17 12:38 PM CT (US)     336 / 477  
oh common people - please make taller trees!
posted 08-30-17 09:35 PM CT (US)     337 / 477  
@Tzontlimixtli: Thanks! Well, the image is re-sized to 99% of the original. I did so to prevent unreleased assets from being stolen. I agree the result turns out a little bit warped...

@DJeronimo: Thank you very much for volunteering! Do you want me to sent you the tree concept and terrain list? Can you do the maple trees first?

Honestly, I like taller trees, too. There are mods that shrink the trees into tiny bushes for gameplay reasons which I don't think necessary at all. It would indeed be cool to have taller trees so we can create a realistic forest scene. But we are only four people, Carcoma, Sebastien, R_V_A and me. We are already working hard to make new buildings, units and terrains that fits the theme of this project, yet we're still a distance from finishing them. If we can ever finish those graphics of higher priority, we might try to remake some stuffs that are already included in the original game, but it's not now. The original Aok trees are like 6 meters tall, that's not perfect but acceptable I think.
posted 08-31-17 00:44 AM CT (US)     338 / 477  

Awesome job as usual Achesun. This mod is coming along quite nicely.
posted 08-31-17 02:13 AM CT (US)     339 / 477  
Trees look fine the way they are,what's the point in redoing or complaining about things already completed.

If people want things to look like how they want it they can do it themselves or learn how.
posted 10-09-17 08:50 AM CT (US)     340 / 477  
There are currently 10 Torii you can place anywhere in game. 5 different designs each in 2 directions; Inari, Myoujin, Shinmai and Ryoubu. There's also a mossy Torii too, though maybe I'll add another mossy one, bringing the eventual total to 12.

Unfortunately the red ones suck a bit, as the 256 palette literally has about 2 red colours. Nvm, I've changed the games palette to add more reds. So the Torii gates look better.
oh common people - please make taller trees!
I've tested taller trees. They don't look good. It just takes up too much screen space and doesn't leave room to actually see things. You can't just keep demanding super realistic features that are either flat out can't be added to the game due to engine restrictions, or just look dumb when in game (like bigger boats, taller trees).

It's possible we'll have a few tall trees though if I eventually manage to finish off the Conifer set.

Btw...

Alpha release is done. If you would like to playtest, please let us know.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 10-10-2017 @ 01:16 AM).]

posted 10-09-17 09:40 AM CT (US)     341 / 477  
i really would like to playtest this awesome mod!! i love it
posted 10-09-17 05:45 PM CT (US)     342 / 477  
I volunteer as a playtester Achesun.
posted 10-11-17 06:58 AM CT (US)     343 / 477  
Terrains are 90% complete, so now comes the terrain objects.

Starting with the easy ones; meadows are starting to take shape. WIP, more to come and a lot more to add to game.

posted 10-11-17 10:23 AM CT (US)     344 / 477  
The blending is perfect and I like the naturalness of terrains.
Well done job, Sebastien.
The only issue is I think it is too sharp. Some red and yellow pixels are standing out a bit.
But maybe it's just me. I know myself that converting terrain to aok palette might become a hell.

What do you think?
posted 10-11-17 01:37 PM CT (US)     345 / 477  
Thanks for the feedback R_V_A. Glad you like it.

Hm, I think the yellow's are sharp because the image is shrunk? But you're right, they do look sharp in this image. I'll check the dandelions again to see how they look in game and desaturate them if needed.

The red pixels, haha. Man, I must be blind when looking at this image. I had to change some of the games palette to add more reds, which affected a few things. (I'd rather have smooth looking red Torii and a lot of extra work, than awful/average looking red Torii haha).

The farm outline is in red because I used that palette slot. Luckily, the only thing is actually effects is the farm outline in the scenario editor, it doesn't appear in game...not really an issue.

I've fixed most of the stuff it messed up, but forgot about the flower patches...the red dot's shouldn't be there and will be fixed by the time the mod is released.

Edit: Which reminds me, are you still working on animated flags? Can I send you the new palette? Otherwise some of the yellows might be messed up. If you've already finished them that's fine, we can change them later. Can you upload the flags to the dropbox, or did you already?

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 10-11-2017 @ 02:08 PM).]

posted 10-11-17 03:18 PM CT (US)     346 / 477  
I have finished the flags for all clans and uploaded them to dropbox a time ago, so you are free to change them

Yes, it would be great if you send me a new palette so I could convert the new graphics straight to it.

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 10-11-2017 @ 03:54 PM).]

posted 10-13-17 02:53 AM CT (US)     347 / 477  
I have finished the flags for all clans and uploaded them to dropbox a time ago, so you are free to change them
Ah yea, I just found them. I've also uploaded the latest version of the mod, though a lot of stuff is still WIP. I thought it better to upload now though in case any problems occur on my pc for whatever reason.

We're looking for AI scripters, if any ones interested?
And for testers, sorry... just going to polish the next update before we distribute.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 10-13-2017 @ 09:34 AM).]

posted 10-13-17 04:51 AM CT (US)     348 / 477  
Looks great guys keep up the good work.
Id love to play test but time is the issue.
posted 10-13-17 05:08 AM CT (US)     349 / 477  
If it's 1.5 compatible I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
posted 10-13-17 07:36 AM CT (US)     350 / 477  
If it's 1.5 compatible I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
Yes, we are using UP1.5
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 14  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Sengoku Total Conversion - Released!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames