You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.469 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Sengoku Total Conversion
Bottom
Topic Subject:Sengoku Total Conversion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 14  Next Page »
Achesun
Squire
posted 10-30-16 02:16 AM CT (US)         

SENGOKU is a total conversion project for Age of Empires II: The Conquerors. The mod aims to replicate a historically accurate but fun experience of being a Daimyo during the Sengoku period of Japan.

- 99% of graphics changed to reflect the Sengoku Period. 100+ new units, buildings, animals, terrains, eye candy and more.

- Completely new sounds, music, interface, icons and main menu to fit the Japanese Sengoku period.

- New unit lines based on the military of Sengoku Japan: Train powerful Samurai, Yari Ashigaru, Sohei, Teppo units, new Japanese ships and destroy castles with a completely brand new range of siege units. Also, loads of new units or editor units and heroes such as Jesuits, Bhikku, Geisha, Children, Ronin and more!

- New and improved technologies; including a full enhancement of the blacksmith - catered to the types of armour within the Sengoku period.

- New 5th resource has been added, called Honour. Fully supported in scenario editor. Gain this by killing enemy troops and use it to train new units or conduct special abilities.

Still to come:

- New SENGOKU AI
- Brand new campaigns and scenarios selectable from main menu.
- New selection voices and voice acting.

- All new units, unit traits, balancing and tactical options, giving a unique and refreshing spin to the AOK classic gameplay.

- Religion: choose either Buddhism or Christianity and receive different bonuses, units and techs specific to which religion you choose.

- Redefine siege and ship battles, with all new options specific to the Sengoku period. Do you opt for standard siege weapons, or do you choose to use costly Nanban cannons?

- Each clan has trainable and unique Hero units specific to their clan, which can attack troops and heal on the battlefield. Each Clan Hero also has 5 trainable bodyguards.

- Ninja unit, is almost invisible on the map and doesn't get auto attacked. Use this unit to sneak on enemy villagers or Heroes and assassinate them.

- Ninja Missions: Sabotage enemy techs, buildings and more, with the new ninja missions. Ninja missions can only be conducted with enough gold and honour, and you must wait between missions before conducting the next one.

- New clan abilities; short term effects which are unique to each clan. Re-use abilities after a set amount of time. These cost Honour to perform.

- Brand new unique and intriguing RMS maps, specifically tailored for Sengoku, to ensure an authentic and fun experience of fighting across Japan.

- For the first time ever in AOC, completely brand new terrains. You can choose from over 130 terrains to ensure you get the perfect design.

- Another first timer for AOK, multiple new cliff types, place-able in editor.

- Elevation up to 11 from 7.

- Create more detailed scenarios with Extended Triggers.

- Seasons have come to Sengoku. Multiple tree sets, each with their own seasonal varient (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Snow).

- Tons of new eye candy; shrine/temple/battlefield/farm/random objects, vegetation, rocks, buildings, scenario placeables (like no LOS surviver units etc), and more!

Asakura
Chosokabe
Date
Hojo
Mori
Oda
Otomo
Shimazu
Takeda
Tokugawa
Toyotomi
Uesugi

Nihonto Dojo unit line:

Kyū Dojo unit line:

Tatsujin Yabusame, Yabusame, Tatsujin Yumi Ashigaru, Kurōto Yumi Ashigaru, Yumi Ashigaru, Yumi Militia

Heroes Preview

First row: Oda Nobunaga, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Shimazu Yoshihiro, Hojo Ujiyasu
Second row: Takeda Shingen, Uesugi Kenshin, Chosokabe Motochika, Date Masamune, Mori Motonari

This mod is currently under development, if you have any questions and suggestions, feel free to discuss them in this thread!

Discord
ModDB

Current Team:

Achesun, R_V_A, Sebastien and Daniel Pereira.

Thank you for reading, and stay tuned for more news!

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 07-03-2020 @ 02:37 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 10-13-17 08:51 AM CT (US)     351 / 469       
How noob friendly is this alpha to install?

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 10-13-17 09:27 AM CT (US)     352 / 469       
How noob friendly is this alpha to install?
Well we'll probably have an installer for the final version, but it's really not that difficult regardless. Just copy and paste into the right folders.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 10-13-2017 @ 09:33 AM).]

Cataphract887
Squire
posted 10-13-17 10:28 AM CT (US)     353 / 469       
Redacted.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel

[This message has been edited by Cataphract887 (edited 10-23-2017 @ 11:51 AM).]

Shuvro
Squire
posted 10-13-17 01:24 PM CT (US)     354 / 469       
Quoted from Sebastien:
We're looking for AI scripters, if any ones interested?
Are you looking for AI scripters for the custom campaigns and scenarios or for standard game against the computer? I can help you with custom campaigns and scenarios. But for the standard game AI scripting I may need guidance.
John the Late
Knight
posted 10-17-17 01:07 PM CT (US)     355 / 469       
Love to see the progress on this.

I thought of the history menu earlier and Seb said that it'd take quite some work to go through all that history for the text pages.

I remembered the Civ 3 Conquests Sengoku Period scenario and dug up its Civilopedia part about the civs presented in said scenario, perhaps it can be of some use: https://pastebin.com/YgCyJXPt

Edit: I did not remove the formatting symbols in the file. The only thing to take note of is that each civ has a "#RACE_NAME" text and a "#DESC_RACE_NAME" text right below - in the game the second part would be placed on the second page of each civ's info text.

[This message has been edited by John the Late (edited 10-17-2017 @ 01:15 PM).]

Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 10-18-17 03:47 AM CT (US)     356 / 469       
I just noticed it's the same thing copied and paste over and over again.
John the Late
Knight
posted 10-18-17 01:09 PM CT (US)     357 / 469       
Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 11-13-17 08:57 PM CT (US)     358 / 469       
There are lot's of interesting moments for scenario designers that can be created in this mod perhaps... how about these two?

Meanwhile, we're still working on this, the lack of updates just means we're doing back end .dat stuff, .exe editing and a lot of reading and researching about the period.

For the next alpha, we've basically had a look at the mod from the beginning and improved or overhauled the way the gameplay works, so it's more unique and specific to the Sengoku period.

Coming updates:

- Added 5th resource; honour.
- Re-worked blacksmith techs to improve functionality with different types of armour and weapons.
(Incomplete image)
- Fixed armour classes and made each unit type specific to an armour type.
- Implemented a new siege line which wasn't complete before and moved all siege units to the 'Daiku (Carpenter) Workshop'. This includes Taketaba, Siege Towers, Kamikosha and more.
- Moved all gunpowder units to a Teppo Foundry, which allows you to train gunpowder units wielding Tanegashima and Hiya-Zutsu, Horoku-dama throwers, various types of cannons and more.
- Two new boats added since before, the Sekibune and the Mekurabune.
- Added Heroes and 'wonder building'.
- Reworked Saru rank, to include more troops for battle if you want to rank up.
- Completely new menu layout and design including new music and sounds.
- Completely new icons for everything in game, to create a Japanese feel.
- New interface sounds and other sounds for building placement, attack warning sounds and more.
- Increased resource cheat codes to 10,000 of each (not 1000).
- Added a 3rd build page to the villagers list, for fortifications or battlefield items.
- Fixed some bugs with palette, armour classes and AGE Unit ID numbers.

Oh, and we are still working on graphics too, which we will showcase in the next Alpha. Here is a small preview of some of the (WIP) shrine statues added to the next update:

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 11-13-2017 @ 09:43 PM).]

pantuflasdecoco
Squire
posted 11-16-17 04:41 PM CT (US)     359 / 469       
Amazing! Sorry if this is asking too much; I would love a Youtube video as a preview for this showing how the units move, the buildings, the terrain textures and so on
Great work
Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 11-17-17 02:49 AM CT (US)     360 / 469       
Hi yes, that's a good idea. We'll try and get something up after the next internal update.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 11-17-2017 @ 02:50 AM).]

Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 11-17-17 06:57 AM CT (US)     361 / 469       
Kaida Ichiro
Squire
posted 11-28-17 08:11 AM CT (US)     362 / 469       
Hello I am a German therefore sorry for my English but I am really looking forward to this mod he goes for Steam? or how far is he?
Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 12-04-17 03:25 AM CT (US)     363 / 469       
Hello I am a German therefore sorry for my English but I am really looking forward to this mod he goes for Steam? or how far is he?
It won't be available on Steam as the mod relies on a custom .exe and runs on UP 1.5, but maybe we will upload some of it at some point.

We'll probably look into having it run with compatibility patch or something.

The first public alpha will be given to testers in about 2-3 weeks.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 12-04-2017 @ 03:25 AM).]

AFFA the Cleric
Squire
posted 12-04-17 08:16 AM CT (US)     364 / 469       
The first public alpha will be given to testers in about 2-3 weeks.
So this will be a really good accepted gift for the New Year!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!
Mahazona
Squire
posted 12-05-17 04:17 AM CT (US)     365 / 469       
Great to hear waiting for release.
DJeronimo
Banned
posted 12-05-17 07:12 AM CT (US)     366 / 469       
Added a 3rd build page to the villagers list, for fortifications or battlefield items.
YES!!!!!! that is what i was speaking about!
Pepp
Squire
posted 12-06-17 07:45 AM CT (US)     367 / 469       
A third panel? That must've been a lót of buildings. Looking forward for this.

Creator of AoE III: Struggle of Indonesia

Once tried to mod AoK but failed due to laziness
DJeronimo
Banned
posted 12-06-17 11:46 AM CT (US)     368 / 469       
i just ask: would it be possible to introduce in a modpack the following thing - the unit lines should be available in their whole lenght, so i might have a choice to train militia, man-at-arms, longswordsman, and the rest, even if the unit upgrades affects the whole soldiery, i might ask because your whole modpack is such a delight that i might wish to have more variety, lets say if i want to train a light cavalry archer, that moves quicker, and is lighter armed, so it costs less. i would like to have available the whole units so i might chose a very complex combination of units at a certaain point. could this be done?
also i ask, if possible, how did you add a third page? and if a forth one can be added?
Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 12-06-17 12:33 PM CT (US)     369 / 469       
i just ask: would it be possible to introduce in a modpack the following thing - the unit lines should be available in their whole lenght, so i might have a choice to train militia, man-at-arms, longswordsman, and the rest, even if the unit upgrades affects the whole soldiery, i might ask because your whole modpack is such a delight that i might wish to have more variety, lets say if i want to train a light cavalry archer, that moves quicker, and is lighter armed, so it costs less. i would like to have available the whole units so i might chose a very complex combination of units at a certaain point. could this be done?
Yes it could be done. No it won't be done. Why?

Well, each unit would need to be balanced, and the costs of each unit would need to increase. It would also change the entire format of the game. Not. Worth. It.

But anyway, go ahead and make your own mod and maybe you could implement that. Perhaps if you'd make your own mod you could also have taller trees and boats. Except, you should actually release it rather than talking about mysterious modpacks you've made in the past which were never released or even shown at all to the public.

As for the fourth build page, no, it's not possible. The third build page is only unlockable because I believe it was taken out of the final release, so the code was already there, just hidden. Also, it's buggy. For example, there is no 3rd build page option in the villagers menu... You can only access it by scrolling through using the arrows in the building menu.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 12-06-2017 @ 12:36 PM).]

DJeronimo
Banned
posted 12-06-17 01:41 PM CT (US)     370 / 469       
sebastien, i need 10 seconds to convince you forever!
Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 12-06-17 10:11 PM CT (US)     371 / 469       
sebastien, i need 10 seconds to convince you forever!
Well it's been a long 10 seconds, and still no substance.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 12-06-2017 @ 10:12 PM).]

Vampirus Mortem
Squire
posted 12-07-17 03:41 AM CT (US)     372 / 469       
Well it's been a long 10 seconds, and still no substance.
I think he might have meant it in a sort of, "I need 10 seconds with you in a dark alley way with no witnesses" type of convincing...

:O

[This message has been edited by Vampirus Mortem (edited 12-07-2017 @ 03:41 AM).]

DJeronimo
Banned
posted 12-08-17 06:16 AM CT (US)     373 / 469       
i do not need a dark alley, just throw a blanket over him show him some things on a tablet and there you go!... but if the alley is also dark it helps much because it is not good to see two guys with a blanket watching a tablet!

[This message has been edited by DJeronimo (edited 12-08-2017 @ 08:05 AM).]

Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 12-08-17 06:19 AM CT (US)     374 / 469       
Oooo... look. The real DJ has come out to play.

You should check your email.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 12-08-2017 @ 06:54 AM).]

DJeronimo
Banned
posted 12-08-17 09:18 AM CT (US)     375 / 469       
could buindings, like town centers and mills, be unpacked trebuchets? i mean, for example, creating carts in the beginning of the game that unpack either into town centers, mills or tents so we could have a sixth age actually?
i mean a large warcart unpacks into a twon center and for the first age it should pack and unpack meaning the respective civilisation is still wandering or searching a better place. like the gulyay gorod of the russians...
R_V_A
Squire
posted 12-08-17 09:41 AM CT (US)     376 / 469       
No, we don't plan such a feature. Sengoku Japanese weren't a nomadic people and didn't colonize anything except maybe the Ezo island, but we don't have an intention to realise this exception.The mod gameplay is based on depicting a step by step evolution of a Samurai fief. So there is no need to add any nomad imitating mechanics to the mod.
And as far as I know the Gulyai-gorod were more like the Hussite Wagenburg, a moving fortification and not like a place where you could train villagers and research Loom (Straw Coat) or Age Up (Rank Up).
So you idea is good itself but not for this mod I think.

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 11-29-2019 @ 05:59 PM).]

DJeronimo
Banned
posted 12-08-17 10:06 AM CT (US)     377 / 469       
no, of course, the sites are occupied continously since neolithical times. i asked because this mod already features so many new, good and realistic stuff that i assume it will be an immediate success. i asked because i assume a good team sticks together for a second score - like the high medieval period for japan. so i assumed, in advance, that you might be interested to study further the marvellous japanese history, so an spinoff - the mongols could be further studied for that expansion. if a whole civilisation has buildings and wagons that can be packed/unpacked and they move next to you - they can destroy the player if he has no good defense system. this is what i had in mind because i saw the moving buildings in stracraft, if you remember - there was some sort of mobile barracks that could lift off the ground...

[This message has been edited by DJeronimo (edited 12-08-2017 @ 10:09 AM).]

R_V_A
Squire
posted 12-08-17 10:15 AM CT (US)     378 / 469       
Well it sounds good for mongol civ maybe if we speak about possible spin off, but we have already so much new things to implement and graphics to make. I think the good team should finish the First Score primarily.

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 12-08-2017 @ 10:17 AM).]

DJeronimo
Banned
posted 12-08-17 10:34 AM CT (US)     379 / 469       
agree, but your team has already won: i mean what you have presented here is astonishing!
i was suggesting that somehow, if the team decides, they should stick to the mongol conquest - like high medieval japanese and mongols, than mongols and chinese, mongols and vietnamese, mongols and khwarezm, mongols and turkish tribes, mongols and russian world, than armenians, georgians and mamluks, and like a whinch slowly moving towards west, and in that way we have time and a solid base for campaigns in the worlds that are already covered. than passing over to russians - russians and mongols, russians and byzantines, russians and polish, russians and teutonic order, russians and skandinavians... just a suggestion!

[This message has been edited by DJeronimo (edited 12-08-2017 @ 10:36 AM).]

Mahazona
Squire
posted 12-08-17 10:38 AM CT (US)     380 / 469       
DJ the original game has a tc which can pack and unpack hidden,but it doesn't work.But I have seen working version's of that in other mods(pcm).

Im sure we can make it unpack in to other buildings as well.
DJeronimo
Banned
posted 12-08-17 11:01 AM CT (US)     381 / 469       
very well said, mahazona. this feature will open the game towards a new perspective - just immagine the turkish tribes converging towards a mobile warfare, were there are no stable fortifications - everything is moving - the whole steppe, and the player must keep the pace - that is why i asked for years the developpers and modpackers to consider a ludikriss mapsize, which they did - the map is for this spatial depth, were everybody appears in the open steppe and afterwards might retreat into some hidden mountain pocket were he is entrenching with many rows of warwagons put transversal to the valley as a barrage for the oncoming onslaught... and then, at some point you have the russians lurking and gradually conquering the steppe with their famous liniar fortifications...

ps - excuse me mahazona, what means pcm?

[This message has been edited by DJeronimo (edited 12-08-2017 @ 11:05 AM).]

R_V_A
Squire
posted 12-08-17 12:33 PM CT (US)     382 / 469       
just immagine the turkish tribes converging towards a mobile warfare, were there are no stable fortifications - everything is moving - the whole steppe, and the player must keep the pace
I have imagined this, It is a beutiful dream, but my imagination said me also that to create such an epic feeling like you described is real only with help of a new game engine. If one is modifying Age of Empires he has to stay in it's watercourse this way or that. What are you talking about is a brand new game not a mod. One just has too many limitations to deal with when he is trying to realise such things. Anyway, for now we don't plan anything beyond finishing the Sengoku at a good quality level.

PS: I think pcm is Portuguese Civ Mod

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 12-08-2017 @ 12:40 PM).]

DJeronimo
Banned
posted 12-08-17 12:53 PM CT (US)     383 / 469       
sorry rva, i was just daydreaming...
R_V_A
Squire
posted 12-08-17 01:11 PM CT (US)     384 / 469       
No problem
Mahazona
Squire
posted 12-08-17 08:24 PM CT (US)     385 / 469       
Originally aok had a concept for raider civis which was a similar idea so its not a day dream.it's very possible but would not match this mod.

Initially I wanted to fix/add the ingame ptcw in my unit set mod but that would be out of the scope and might mess up generic scenario's.

pcm is Portuguese Civ Mod.

[This message has been edited by Mahazona (edited 12-08-2017 @ 11:20 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 14  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames