Hi!.. Today I downloaded and finished your entry with Moderate ai difficulty setting. I wanted to give you my feedbacks about your scenario. If my action is illegal (Because I am also a contestant too) the Moderators can delete my message. My positive feedbacks start with + symbol. My negative feedbacks start with - symbol.
* [SPOILER STARTS]
+ This is a good scenario for the first file. I know that this is your first scenario. Also your scenario has background texture files, intro-outro slide files and .wem sound files.
- However your file is disorganized. There are 2 "The European Connector" folders in your file. The deeper The Europen Connector folder contains more file than the surface The European Connector folder. So player needs to adjust both of these 2 folders to install your scenario successfully.
- I have finished your scenario. Even I put your all .wem sound files into resources/_common/drs/sounds folder I haven't heard any custom sound effects during the whole game.
+ You have a good and creative gameplay concept. Your idea is really original.
- However the game is very short and simple. It could be developed much more. But it is still a good and fun game.
- "Objectives" section needs to be polished. It still contains Standard Game rule messages.
+ "Hints" and "Game Information Screen" are helpful for the player.
- Fighting parts are too easy. My monk captured most of enemy units.
- Some game dialogues pass too quickly. Some lines look somewhat long to read. Also they look unpolished and disorganized.
+ The tax parts are balanced. They are not too hard and not too easy. However player needs to choose the right ships. (2-3 ships that locate the same dock at the same time or bigger war ships or orange-yellow ships) The colosseum part was also creative to help the player by using player's gold.
- The last part of the game is very rushed. Also both of 2 choices trigger the same event. The conclusion event is 90 percent same for the both 2 choices. Also I couldn't control the units that were captured by my Monk in the last battle. I obtained the victory before killing all available red enemy units in the last battle.
+ The map design is really good and attractive but not perfect. It has a great city design even the fact that this is author's first scenario.
- The story is very simple. It is only available to provide gameplay material. It doesn't have any character or plot development.
OVERALL: It is a simple and short scenario. The author rushed to finish this scenario. It is a good scenario for the first scenario but it has some flaws. The gameplay concept is good and original.
* [SPOILER ENDS]
[Edited on 10/30/20 @ 04:30 PM]
Posted on 11/01/20 @ 08:32 PM
I point you some bugs of your campaign.
First your ai is useless that it cannot work.
I find all your ai is Immobile units ai gold,not your ai is the ai documents.
Second,your package is not right.You pack two in the campaign.
Third,your wem music is useless that it cannot work.
I find you do not add the wem in the scenario but only add it in the documents instead,it is certainly that playing with no music.
Fourth，I cannot find the meaning of the last battle,what do you want to tell us? My merchant walk to the harbor and I lose the game! When I choose 1 in 2 and then my army all die away and I win surprisely!The logic of the last battle is like a mess,make pepole puzzled.So I hope you can fix them above.
added:You also have a serious bug sometimes when the ship waves is 36,all ship disappeared and I can do nothing.
After all,it is an interesting campaign,I think.