You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Question: How to activate trigger in an instant?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Question: How to activate trigger in an instant?
Usamah Aghis
Squire
posted 04-12-19 07:23 PM CT (US)         
Hi!

So I had this bunch of hawks I placed in order and I want to task them into specific place with Task Object trigger, but when I test it there's 1 second delay before the trigger activated and now all my hawks is scattered all over the place.

Are there any solution I can use? I've tried timer condition with negative numbers but it still didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
AuthorReplies:
Pitt_Man
Squire
(id: Dark_Reign)
posted 04-13-19 02:54 AM CT (US)     1 / 5       
The triggers work in second intervals, so the first even without a condition will fire at 1 second instead of 0.

If there's not too many you can 'create object' the Hawk and 'task' it to the location in the same trigger which would be as instant as you can get it without the Hawk flying in a random direction first.

You can't just use the 'object in area' part of the effect and put a 3x3 tile around where the hawk is originally placed? Shouldn't get further than 2 tiles in any direction by the time the first trigger fires.

  _ Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         
Usamah Aghis
Squire
posted 04-13-19 01:32 PM CT (US)     2 / 5       
I placed my hawks with ctrl+S so it's kinda impossible to get the same with Create Object trigger, but still, thanks
BF_Tanks
Squire
posted 07-01-19 01:35 PM CT (US)     3 / 5       
Try using Trigger Studio to create the object at the specific co-ordinate then. Typically, Create Object spawns a unit at x.5/y.5, to be central to the tile.

On triggers;
The entire Trigger list is cycled every tick, the best you can do is 1 second start. Putting 1 second or 0 second Timer conditions in your first trigger is a waste of processing time.

Proud Member of Black Forest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009
and The Seas of Egressa - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 07-02-19 05:19 AM CT (US)     4 / 5       
Would it be possible to garrison them in a static object?

Also, just to point out that the timer increments are only equal to 1 second on "slow" speed. Medium is 1.5 increments per second and fast is 2.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
BF_Tanks
Squire
posted 07-02-19 11:53 AM CT (US)     5 / 5       
Yea, good point. It's a little misleading because it goes from the Game clock.

Proud Member of Black Forest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009
and The Seas of Egressa - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames