You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » AI Deletes Transport ships at start of test
Bottom
Topic Subject:AI Deletes Transport ships at start of test
QuesoConCarne
Squire
posted 02-25-20 06:02 PM CT (US)         
So Im creating a scenario akin to pilgrims where the player is supposed to use a transport to decide where to settle. However when i try to test this every DE AI deletes the garrisoned transport ships immediately...Any clues on how to fix so i can test properly or should i even account for it seeing its made for pvp?
AuthorReplies:
Alexandergreat3
Squire
posted 03-02-20 05:58 PM CT (US)     1 / 3       
I tested with a garrisoned transport ship, but the AI does not delete the ship as you mentioned.

Do you know if the AI deleted the ship at the exact same time, every time?

I'm asking, because I think there is a chance that you might have a trigger that destroys the ship without knowing.

If this is not the case, and the AI is the one that deletes the ship, then I suggest you try changing the personality of the AI:

* In the editor, click on the menu Players
* Select Personality > None
QuesoConCarne
Squire
posted 03-04-20 02:33 PM CT (US)     2 / 3       
My transport ships are in the corner. There are no triggers currently on that map. All of the AI's deleted the ships at the same time. Perhaps AI doesn't like corner of map for some reason? Ill try the personality fix to see if that does anything.
Edit: The personality switch does work (don't switch all to none the game will crash) however on using the EP3.ai the ships dont move. Ill keep experimenting but it seems the standard AI either doesn't like starting in corners with no TC or doesn't like having only a garrisoned transport ship.

[This message has been edited by QuesoConCarne (edited 03-04-2020 @ 02:48 PM).]

Alexandergreat3
Squire
posted 03-06-20 03:49 PM CT (US)     3 / 3       
Edit: The personality switch does work (don't switch all to none the game will crash) however on using the EP3.ai the ships dont move. Ill keep experimenting but it seems the standard AI either doesn't like starting in corners with no TC or doesn't like having only a garrisoned transport ship.
I'm glad the personality switch worked . Wish I can help more, but I don't know much about writing the codes for the AI. Hopefully, other designers here can help you with this. Good luck!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames