You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Delete building foundation
Bottom
Topic Subject:Delete building foundation
Bouli
Squire
posted 05-04-20 05:08 AM CT (US)         
Hi!

I struggled for a while with deleting building foundations, but finally figured out a way to do it:

Modify attribute hit points of the kind of building's foundation you want deleted to 0, then all of the foundations automatically die.

This has the downside of all buildings of such type dying all over the map (which is actually not a problem in my scenario).

I'm looking for an alternative, nevertheless, because I might need one later. Kill Object, Remove Object and Damage Object don't seem to work. Apparently the building foundation hasn't got a separate ID from the building itself, but it doesn't respond to "Kill all buildings" and such.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thanks,
Bouli

EDIT: there actually is one (small) problem with my solution still: it doesn't delete foundations that haven't been touched yet - only those partly built. Do you have an idea for any workarounds?

[This message has been edited by Bouli (edited 05-04-2020 @ 05:18 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Julius999
Imposter
posted 05-04-20 07:08 PM CT (US)     1 / 3       
Trying to do anything to affect foundations with triggers is a notorious blind spot of the AoK editor. I don't think you'll find a better solution.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
rewaider
Squire
posted 05-04-20 09:21 PM CT (US)     2 / 3       
Maybe creating fake water bridges over them and then resetting the water back to desert terrain via normal bridges? I really don't know.

Another way would be to create enemies inside invisible tiles to attack them, but that would be fairly complex and region specific. (Or perhaps enemy saboteurs/petards with 0 hp? - via userpatch attribute editor, so they die literally instantly).

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by rewaider (edited 05-04-2020 @ 09:23 PM).]

Bouli
Squire
posted 05-05-20 07:25 AM CT (US)     3 / 3       
Thanks for the replies! Petards sound like a good idea to try, thank you for the suggestion.

I need terrain to be preserved and the foundations are user-made, so they may be put anywhere within a certain area, but some petards with some blast radius and level modifications might do the trick!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames