You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Mr Wednesday, John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Lowering pierce armor while attacking
Bottom
Topic Subject:Lowering pierce armor while attacking
Dave3377
Squire
posted 04-30-19 01:41 PM CT (US)         
I want to give a unit lower piercing armor while they are attacking but leave the piercing armor high while walking or standing. As in, a houscarl has a shield, but he puts it on his back while attacking with his two-handed dane axe. Thus, he should be more vulnerable to archer fire while attacking, but should still be able to move to and from target without taking too much damage from archers, towers, etc.

I have not had a chance to try this out yet, but I was wondering if using villager mode might allow the unit to change attributes while attacking? I worry that even if possible, the unit would never revert back to carrying a shield while walking. Villagers change forms only when assigned to a new task, not when told to walk to a location. Given that the only tasks a military unit can form are to attack or walk, this probably wouldn't work.

Side note, I imagine this could be done using triggers or having a button like the trebuchet that transforms the unit into another unit. However, I am specifically wanting something more automatic that the AI will benefit from as well.
AuthorReplies:
Mahazona
Squire
posted 05-01-19 00:37 AM CT (US)     1 / 3       
I want to give a unit lower piercing armor while they are attacking but leave the piercing armor high while walking or standing.
You mean like a shield wall or marching in a shield wall formation right?
This would be a good start.
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,44230,0,all
John the Late
Knight
posted 05-02-19 02:01 PM CT (US)     2 / 3       
I don't think that such a thing is possible, no. Not if only using data effects, at least - maybe someone like Daniel Pereira would be able to put it into the game code.
Dave3377
Squire
posted 05-06-19 01:30 PM CT (US)     3 / 3       
Hmm. I have had not had luck with the charging modes in the past. The AI doesn't usually use them. Also, it wouldn't affect the units while moving.

I doubt the net effect on unit effectiveness would justify editing the exe (unless someone has figured it out already).
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames