You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Mr Wednesday, John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Splash damage and firing on ones own units
Bottom
Topic Subject:Splash damage and firing on ones own units
Dave3377
Squire
posted 05-06-19 01:34 PM CT (US)         
This one has been an interest of mine for a while. I always wanted archers to do area of effect damage like the mangonel line.

This is easy to add via AGE, but the issue is that those archers will still fire on their own troops (as I believe mangonel did before the official patches).

Does anyone know how to edit the .exe to make archers and other units not fire on their own troops? Alternatively, does anyone have tips for figuring out the .exe that might help? Or is it pretty much, trial and error (with lots of error and crashes)?
AuthorReplies:
WAIFor
Squire
posted 05-08-19 08:30 AM CT (US)     1 / 3       
So what does "fire on their own troops" mean? Doing damage on friend units?
Mostly units would do damage on friend units, if they have positive blast radius and greater attack range.
Dave3377
Squire
posted 05-08-19 03:37 PM CT (US)     2 / 3       
Then mangonel line (also trebuchets, bombard cannons, cannon galleons, and bombard towers) will damage allied troops if they hit them (friendly fire).

However, the AI will not make the mangonel line auto-attack an enemy if doing so would cause them to hit their own troops (or allied troops). Note that this only partially works because it considers where the allied units currently "are" not where they "will be" when the rocks land. But it helps immensely and made the mangonel line useful even they are not being micro managed.

But the code that tells them not to fire is not in the AI, it is part of the .exe.

Doing the same with archers would allow them to more realistically function as an area of effect damager that cannot attack units engaged in melee for fear of friendly fire. I can easily set the archers to do splash damage that affects enemy and allied troops using AGE. The issue is that they are not currently programmed to avoid auto attacks that would result in friendly fire.
Bala Arizalu
Squire
posted 05-14-19 10:54 PM CT (US)     3 / 3       
Try to change "Blast Attack Level" value = 6. It will work like Cataphract tremple damage.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames