You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Mr Wednesday, John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » How does Unit modding work?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How does Unit modding work?
danyyy
Squire
posted 06-15-19 02:43 PM CT (US)         
Hello! Is there any tutorial on how to edit the graphics of units? I saw Matt LiVecchi's poser tutorial but the pictures did not work and people seems to have problem with some files.

As i understand there is atleast two ways where you either paint each frame or you make 3d units and take pictures in diffrent poses and directions?

I would be greatful with some help
AuthorReplies:
Mahazona
Squire
posted 06-15-19 11:11 PM CT (US)     1 / 3       
We dont have a tutorial or making units but how to make buildings for AOK might help.
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=26,42292,,30
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,44771,,30

If you plan to make cut paste units best way to do is extract the unit animations to one sheet using the slp editor,Tools->Merge and Shear(F9).
when you have the sprite sheet can edit recolor copy past parts using gimp/Photoshop or another tool and save.Then use the slp editor to convert to 256 colors tools->bitmap format converter.
Reimport using slp editor,Tools->Merge and Shear(F9).
danyyy
Squire
posted 06-16-19 11:58 AM CT (US)     2 / 3       
I followed your copy & paste instructions and it worked pretty good! It seems quite hard to make the unit look good tho. Il have to work on that. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by danyyy (edited 06-16-2019 @ 12:04 PM).]

Mahazona
Squire
posted 06-19-19 04:56 AM CT (US)     3 / 3       
It takes practice and lots of patients to make a decent looking cut paste unit.
Your unit is not bad always try to copy the new parts on top of the original so it dosent look shaky.With your test unit the head is bigger than the original units head.

There are tuts on making units with poser in civi3 forum you might want to go there and check.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames