You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Mr Wednesday, John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Anyone get "Forced Player Color" to work?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Anyone get "Forced Player Color" to work?
genghis quan
Squire
posted 06-18-19 05:37 PM CT (US)         
Having trouble with this. I'm trying to make 7 versions of one unit that are different colors (for the same player).

I made 6 copies of a scout. 6 copies of the attack graphic and 6 copies of the standing graphic (didn't get to the others yet because I wanted to test first).

I assigned a different player color number (0,1,2,3,4,5,7) to each graphic copy, then changed the unit's graphic setting to match the corresponding graphic.

Forced Player Color in the Graphics tab seems to do nothing. Am I missing something?
AuthorReplies:
Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 06-18-19 10:59 PM CT (US)     1 / 6       
Workaround method:

1. Open the attack slp in turtle pack.
2. Set player colour to red
3. Export all frames
4. Import all frames, with blue checked as the player colour.
5. The result is that the program looks for blue pixels and doesn't notice the red player colour. The unit is now permanently red. Save SLP and close.
6. Repeat for standing, dying, etc.
7. Create your rainbow knight, red version in the data. Use the slps you made permanent red.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 for green, yellow, etc. As many colour# as you need!

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king

[This message has been edited by Mr Wednesday (edited 06-18-2019 @ 11:01 PM).]

Mahazona
Squire
posted 06-19-19 00:17 AM CT (US)     2 / 6       
Then he will have many units not one with multiple skins/colors.
WAIFor
Squire
posted 06-19-19 07:25 AM CT (US)     3 / 6       
You need to set "Rainbow" property to -1 to activate forced color.
genghis quan
Squire
posted 06-19-19 08:03 AM CT (US)     4 / 6       
@WAIFor - the default is -1, I think you meant 0. I set them to 0 and it works! Thanks!

@Mr Wednesday - Thanks, yes that is the tedious way to do it and what I was hoping I wouldn't have to do! Since multiplayer won't load extra SLPs for some reason, you must always replace it with an existing one. Definitely doable though.

By using the player color option, we can utilize 1 slp for all colors

[This message has been edited by genghis quan (edited 06-19-2019 @ 08:48 AM).]

Dave3377
Squire
posted 08-17-19 05:39 PM CT (US)     5 / 6       
I am curious, does using forced player color allow units to change their look entirely if converted? That is, if I made a player that is red have minute arms that look like the beta housecarl, and they got converted by a blue player, would they turn back into men at arms?
Vardamir
Huskarl
posted 08-17-19 11:21 PM CT (US)     6 / 6       
No. The idea of forced player color is to force a unit to use green player color even though the owner is blue. It's
a setting within a particular graphic entry.

AoK: Realms
Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Genie Converter - an AKX installer for modern times
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames