You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussion
Moderated by John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » Age of Kings screen resolution fix?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age of Kings screen resolution fix?
MrKwik
Squire
posted 02-21-19 06:29 PM CT (US)         
Hello all,

So I bought the Age of Empires Collectors Edition back in '99 or 2000, I think. After all this time being safely put away in my desk, but having moved from state to state, a few times, the Age of Kings is the only disc I have left.

Now my problem... I finally got the game to run on my 64 bit Windows 7 machine but the problem is, I can only run it in 1024x768 screen mode, the next higher resolution shows 1280x1024 which I can't click on. My normal resolution is 1440x900 @ 60Hz.

I have seen the Userpatch for the Conquerors but is there a patch like that for Age of Kings? I have looked all over the net and finally found this website today. Which I have to say is done very nice. So many mods and so much time taken on the site it self. My hats off to you.

But back to my problem, can someone tell a me a fix for my screen resolution problem?

Go fast, turn left
AuthorReplies:
Saegan
Squire
posted 02-22-19 10:51 AM CT (US)     1 / 1       
Welcome to the Forum!

I don't believe that a USERPATCH equivalent exists for the standalone Age of Kings game. (However Scripter64 or some other more knowledgeable person could correct me on this).

However, you might be able to try this:

First, make certain that you have the latest patch for Age of Kings installed [Age of Kings Patch 2.0a]:
http://aok.heavengames.com/patches/

Then you can try installing the Age of Kings Widescreen Patcher which sounds like it might fix your resolution issue:
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=12827

I hope this fixes your problem; if not, there are a few other people here who could provide some other ideas that might work for you.

“Strategy requires thought, tactics require observation”
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames