Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » Pop counter
Bottom
Topic Subject:Pop counter
zikmir
Squire
posted 02-28-19 02:36 PM CT (US)         
Thinking of a pop counter, that can only show total number of villiger instead of seeing them separately in the Economics Tab. It would be nice way of knowing how many vils you have and how many you are loosing or gaining.

To make this mod, i wanted to know how is such data dealt with? When playing online is it a way to detect such information? There seems to be some mods like "idle pointer" that finds idle villagers but i guess its just a simple trick of replacing the bmp of idle villager with a pointer

What im interested is like being able to read the game data in real time, would like to know how that can be achieved. Maybe with this i can make a spec overlay for HD as well.
AuthorReplies:
KoTR_Darkflame
Squire
posted 03-08-19 11:52 AM CT (US)     1 / 6       
its useful to see how a BO is going
AKFrost
Squire
posted 03-08-19 07:46 PM CT (US)     2 / 6       
You can just sum up the counts under the villager tab.
Saegan
Squire
posted 03-11-19 09:46 AM CT (US)     3 / 6       
You can just sum up the counts under the villager tab.
While true, I don't think that answers the original poster's question :P

@zikmir
When using the spectator overlay, there is a section that displays the "total number of villagers" instead of having to switch to the Economics Tab. If you were able to determine how this information was populated in the overlay, you could potentially use it for your own HD Mod that could be used like the "small trees" or "grid" mod.

However, I am not familiar with how the Spectator Overlay works, HockeySam18 or Scripter64 would potentially have a better idea of whether this could be possible?

“Strategy requires thought, tactics require observation”
AKFrost
Squire
posted 03-12-19 01:35 AM CT (US)     4 / 6       
While true, I don't think that answers the original poster's question :P
If he can read values from the game state he can just have his program read those individual vil counts and sum them up. Wouldn't be surprised if this is how spectator overlay does it too.
Saegan
Squire
posted 03-14-19 01:55 PM CT (US)     5 / 6       
@AKFrost

My mistake AKFrost - I misunderstood your sentence. I thought you were referring to the user doing that mentally with the Economics Tab.

“Strategy requires thought, tactics require observation”
Silverbogan
Squire
posted 09-23-19 01:16 AM CT (US)     6 / 6       
"POP" ist immer das beliebteste Genre.
musik als klingelton

[This message has been edited by Silverbogan (edited 09-24-2019 @ 09:05 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames