SLX Studio is a mod program containing tools for creating and editing SMX, SLP and DRS files. I created SLX Studio as a dev tool for the
but it can be used in all genie engine games, such as Galactic Battlegrounds, Age of Empires, and Age of Empires II.
- Convert SLX to SLP or SMX / Extract SLP or SMX to SLX (and batch versions of these).
- Support for both 8-bit and 32-bit SLP versions with additional support for Terrain, AoE1, AoE1DE SLP, and AoE2DE SMX formats.
- Extract or Create DRS files for each game.
- Double-click graphic image for fast anchor/hotspot positioning. Also support for importing/exporting CSV files.
- Viewable selection boxes (including rectangular shaped) or selection rings.
- Generate Data Graphics tool with tolerance bars for shadows and player colors, creates outlines, auto-crops images, and can even split shadows into it's own SLX. This tool is necessary to convert from SLX to SLP or SMX formats.
- Color Palette Editor/Viewer that supports multiple formats (Jasc .pal, Microsoft .pal, Photoshop .act, GIMP .gpl, and even rendering as .png images). I've also embedded some palettes, including some commonly used ones.
- Terrain tools. Create terrain SLPs of any size (rows and columns). Includes conversion tools to create an isometric terrain map from a texture image.
- Graphics and DRS Viewer tools.
- File Association support to directly open SLX, SLP, SMX, SMP, DRS, DDS, PAL/PALX, and other formats.
- Animated GIF tool with transparency support.
- Play animation support for SLX with speed settings.
- Zoom image support for frames.
- FX Editor tool to draw various effects on frames such as various sparks, weapon fire effects, engine fire effects, transparency, holocrons, relics, and more!
- Delta Object Positioner tool to determine various object positions for things like snow and fire on buildings. Positions can be exported as CSV files to then manually imported into AGE.
- Adjust settings to your liking in the .ini configuration file.
You can view a guide for using SLX Studio
You can join the Discord and keep up to date with the latest builds and discussion with this link:
Also, please let me know of any bugs you encounter or requests for new features. I've already had a couple afterthoughts to include.
[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 03-12-2020 @ 02:55 AM).]