Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Multiple projectiles
posted 03-31-21 06:19 AM CT (US)   
Hey

Just wondering if anybody knows how to make secondary projectiles fire at the same time as the primary, like an onager, as apposed to in succession like a chukonu?

Thanks
Replies:
posted 04-06-21 08:32 AM CT (US)     1 / 5  
Hi Jarrado, nice to meet you.

As far as I know, the reloading time of a unit's attacks determines how much time passes between multiple projectiles fired, so, setting reload time to 0, will do the trick, but the unit animation will be tricky, indeed, the projectiles will be shoot before the attacking animation starts, that's a bit ugly i admit, but this only happen to "living units" class, such as archers, infantry and cavalry.

Instead buildings, ships and siege units class can have a simultaneous projectiles spawn even if owning a proper reload time higher than 0.

Hope it helps in some way, but for more clearments, I suggest you to ask here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!
posted 04-12-21 07:46 AM CT (US)     2 / 5  
Unfortunately this is hardcoded to either the siege class, or the specific unit ID's (I can't remember off the top of my head).

So no. You can't do it like onagers etc for archers.
posted 04-13-21 03:36 AM CT (US)     3 / 5  
Hey, thanks for your replies

I gave your suggestion a go with changing the reloading time, it didn't seem to make them fire at the same time, however changing the frame delay to 0 did make them fire together. I only tried it on a Trebuchet though, don't know if it works that way with archers ect. But as you said it doesn't look right when the projectile is in the air before the animation begins

I was revisiting solutions to a mod I made a while ago with briton Trebs doing blast damage while still being only 15% Accurate. Thanks to this forum it mostly works.( Link down the bottom) I thought a second projectile with its own blast damage might work but soon realised that while it takes on its own blast damage it also looses the inaccuracy of the Treb that fires it and takes on its own 100% accuracy.

But it is interesting to know, thankyou 🙂

https://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,44728,,all

[This message has been edited by Jarrado (edited 04-13-2021 @ 03:39 AM).]

posted 04-22-21 04:59 AM CT (US)     4 / 5  
Unfortunately this is hardcoded to either the siege class, or the specific unit ID's (I can't remember off the top of my head).
It is indeed the class.

------------

Units with <100% accuracy and >0 blast radius will not reliably deal damage, since the accuracy is also used for the chance of units in the blast radius to be affected/hit or not. Also the reason why in HD/DE the Briton Warwolf tech raises treb accuracy from 15 to 100%.
posted 04-22-21 06:29 PM CT (US)     5 / 5  
So not really possible then still...

I'm fairly happy with how I have trebuchets working atm, will keep it as is then

Thanks for your reply John the Late, and thanks for your answer to my original question about it 2 years ago. I would have never got it to work the way it is now unless you told me what you did 😁
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Multiple projectiles
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames