You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.683 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Splash Splash LXII - One Splash to Rule Them All!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Splash Splash LXII - One Splash to Rule Them All!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 23 24 25 26 27 ··· 28  Next Page »
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 12-21-19 05:49 PM CT (US)         

1 - HockeySam18, for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
3 - Popeychops, for the Elven-kings under the sky
7 - HockeySam18, for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone
9 - Oliver, for mortal men doomed to die
29 - ax_man1, runecarver of the fuþorc
100 - Major Helper, Hlāfweard hundes
120 - HockeySam18, Jarl hundraðsins
376 - Eurotool, leading the horde through Mirkwood
454 - Vainsten, bloody victor at Dúnheiðr
536 - Eurotool, survivor of the Fimbulvetr

Rules:

- The Green Dragon is always open
- Ale comes in pints
- Never put the One Ring on
- Orcs are forbidden to travel in daylight
- Answer the call when the beacons are lit
- Stay high up on the hierarchy of arguments
- No contraband images or <html> tags

Peoples of Middle Earth

Istari

Mr. Wednesday, The Grey Pilgrim
Julius999, Man of Skill
Lord Basse, Man of Wisdom
Bassi, Blue After-Comer
Mash, Helper of the East
Elves

Leif Ericson, Shipwright of Mithlond
Blatant, Half-Elven Lord of Imladris
Major Helper, Eldest of Noldor
Lord Sipia, King of Mirkwood
Oliver, Eagle-eyed bowman
Dwarves

Dead_End, Lord of the Iron Hills
Devestator, Lord of Erebor
BF_Tanks, Lord of Ered Luin
Mithril Knight, Lord of Moria
Great_Artiste, Master Smith
Neochud, taken by the Watcher
Free Folk

HockeySam18, Dúnadan
John the Late, Steward of Gondor
Moff, Warden of Bree
Popeychops, Prince of Dol Amroth
RedHandedJill, Lady of Dol Amroth
ColdCanuck, King of Rohan
The Shadow

Sebastien, The Dark Lord
ax_man1, Witch-King
Vinyl, Lieutenant of Morgul
CarolKarine, Corsair of Umbar
GL252, Lord of Harad
Lurkur, Variag of Khand

The Pit of Misery (Dilly Dilly!)

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.

[This message has been edited by HockeySam18 (edited 05-28-2020 @ 03:39 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 06-01-20 09:24 AM CT (US)     601 / 683       
Sipia, that is twice you have singled me out and harassed me.
I'm not here to conform myself to fit anyone's views.
Yo, don't worry. I don't think anyone was targeting you at all. Obviously I don't know your past etc but definitely from a cool headed outside perspective it certainly doesn't seem the way you're perceiving it? Just relax, all are welcome so try to forget about old things. We can never progress in ourselves unless we learn to let the past go and move forward.
Vainstein, political discussions are not allowed in TC anymore after the.
This is exactly the reason why Sipia picked up on what you said Vainstein. I made it clear from day one that political discussions were best left to either the OD or Library and won't be allowed here on AOKH. Sipia was pointing that out to you. So yea, please, no political discussions. This is a prime example; just one short conversation and it has already caused a lot of upset, and it's not what we want here.
...You have some issues, man.
Tbf, this wasn't really necessary Sipia. Can we try to refrain from attacking each other? Personal attacks are also noted in the new rules. Like Moff said, let's just enjoy the ride whilst we can; nobodies enemies here. I'm sure we can play nice
I'll just give both parties a couple day ban
I think for now definitely just a warning is ok; seems lot more of a misunderstanding here so that's why I thought I'd butt in with my outside opinion. Just from reading the last few pages it definitely seems like some tensions, but I really felt the hostilities were unnecessary. Though of course, Major, do as you feel if things continue on a negative path. Just a note for everyone though that's not our desired result, but it's only necessary if somebodies really distrupting the forums. So again, let's be friends
Has anyone worked on their cooking skills during quarantine?
No. Hahaha. My cooking got worse because I lost the motivation. I have been trying a lot of new food though. I used to despise mushrooms but recently started to enjoy a few types; mainly Maitake mushrooms which have an interesting texture. I've also been trying out and eating varying types of Tofu after trying to cut down (not out) my meat consumption, not because I'm becoming a hippy or anything but just for health reasons.
I was (trying to act as a) project leader during the latter basic design
That's pretty cool! I'm glad it's not one of those concrete block house/apartments that are popping up all over the place atmo. Can't stand them. These things:

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 06-01-2020 @ 09:31 AM).]

Kongou Dess
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 06-01-20 09:32 AM CT (US)     602 / 683       
I think MK got the "desu" right. I'll probably just add that since "desu" is polite language, people usually use "da" among friends and family instead. And since women tend to be more polite than men here, using "desu" a lot even in fairly casual settings tend to sound a bit feminine. Like "watashi". And fufufu.
Fufufu, watashi wa kore ga sukidesu.

According to Google Translate: Hehehe, I like this.
It's hip to be square.
Fufufu.

Still, nice work, man. I imagine that's a process that takes even longer than publishing. And it stays relevant considerably longer.
At least it's not one of those concrete block house/apartments that are popping up all over the place atmo. Can't stand them. These things:
What, you don't like fortified bunkers?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 06-01-20 09:40 AM CT (US)     603 / 683       
I would love a pimped out fortified bunker but unfortunately my location is probably not the best place for one

On a seperate post apocolyptic topic, I've recently started to grow my own vegetables. I'm talking one long pot here, growing cherry tomatoes, kale and baby spinach. And by recently I mean... there's some seeds in a bunch of soil...

Anyone else had any quarantine 'extra time, new me' moments?

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 06-01-2020 @ 09:48 AM).]

Major Helper
AoKH Survivor, Mr. White Teeth
posted 06-01-20 10:11 AM CT (US)     604 / 683       
For me, I've been lifting weights more now that I haven't got the excuse of "I'm tired after a long day at work and having to interact with people" Then again, it's looking like I'm mostly doing the "no day is a leg day" more and more (besides the deadlifts)

Oh, and that bare concrete building looks horrendous, surely that's not the final look?!

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
Nowhere
Squire
(id: NowhereT)
posted 06-01-20 10:18 AM CT (US)     605 / 683       
I've been growing a jungle of houseplants as we don't have a proper garden.

Oh and I got back into this really old nerdy computer game that my wife has a disparaging nickname for.

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
Major Helper
posted 06-01-20 11:05 AM CT (US)     606 / 683       
Do elaborate on the nickname

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
Mithril Knight
Squire
posted 06-01-20 11:33 AM CT (US)     607 / 683       
We have a backyard with a small garden. There's a few chili pepper bushes happily growing there already and this year we expanded, tilled and nourished the soil to grow tomatoes, corn and a couple of squash plants, among other bits and pieces planted there.

It seemed like we would lose most of the new crops when our dog got inside and dug the whole thing up during the night, but a few seeds sprouted a couple weeks later so we might save them after all.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
Nowhere
Squire
posted 06-01-20 12:15 PM CT (US)     608 / 683       
Do elaborate on the nickname
Well she keeps the "Age of..." bit, but swaps out the last word. I won't repeat it here, lest the banhammer comes a-swinging!

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 06-01-20 12:34 PM CT (US)     609 / 683       
Age of... Kinks?

There's a modpack idea, lads.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Nowhere
Squire
posted 06-01-20 01:19 PM CT (US)     610 / 683       

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 06-01-20 03:39 PM CT (US)     611 / 683       
L-lewd!

vainsten
Squire
posted 06-01-20 07:20 PM CT (US)     612 / 683       
Has anyone worked on their cooking skills during quarantine?
Not really.

Can't really, anyways. Landlord shut off the gas for the stove. Not sure why, but oh well. I never liked it, anyways.
Age of... Kinks?

There's a modpack idea, lads.
There's enough units for it.

Though none of them are really that lew.. Actually, I think there's one or two of them that are kind of "". They're converted Civ 3 units, though. Taken straight from a Civ 3 forum, and IIRC not even converted to SLP or anything usable in AOK. So the """""-nudge-nudge-know-what-i-mean"-ness would be the least of its problems.

EDIT: Jeez looking at it now, that's the most smileys I've used in a post since I got back.

RE-EDIT: And now that I look at it, I think I used one too many. Holy catdogs, what was I on?!

[This message has been edited by vainsten (edited 06-01-2020 @ 09:10 PM).]

oliver
Squire
posted 06-02-20 06:30 AM CT (US)     613 / 683       
That's pretty cool! I'm glad it's not one of those concrete block house/apartments that are popping up all over the place atmo. Can't stand them. These things:
Context aside, the building itself is not the best. I think the concrete finish is sloppy. The deep window niches and overall bulky proportions tells me the architect probably admires brutalism. And the exterior landscaping ... I'm not sure what's going on there, except that nothing's going on.
I imagine that's a process that takes even longer than publishing. And it stays relevant considerably longer.
Well, architecture is never a solo effort, and in Japan the hierarchy is strong, so I just want to be super-clear that if this ever gets published anywhere, all credit goes to my principal (who is the main designer). In publishing you can at least be the sole author of the thing. As for relevancy, I estimate this building will stand for 30 years, then it'll be demolished. Such are sadly the ways in this city.

Anyway, thanks!

[This message has been edited by oliver (edited 06-02-2020 @ 06:34 AM).]

HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 06-03-20 01:03 AM CT (US)     614 / 683       
The LotR cast reunited over Zoom the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_U0S6x_kCs

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 06-03-20 04:03 AM CT (US)     615 / 683       
haha, that was hilarious, thanks for sharing.

i think my favourite part was about sean beans lines being wrote on his knee 11.
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 06-04-20 10:23 AM CT (US)     616 / 683       
Oof, TL;DW.

Major Helper
posted 06-04-20 11:26 AM CT (US)     617 / 683       
Although I didn't watch it completely, I still fast-forwarded/skipped through the thing, stopping to watch whenever new people came in and whenever something interesting seemed to be talked about. It was a nice, heart-warming video, I kept smiling through the whole thing

Lurkur
Squire
(id: OtmShankIiI)
posted 06-05-20 12:34 PM CT (US)     618 / 683       
Total Annihilation is being given away over at GOG as of comment time.

"Seriously, if human stupidity could be used as a source of power wed already be a class-III civilization and our rockets wouldve reached Andromeda by now."
« Cliffs! (4.5) »

["I am the True God, Lua-kuh. Hhsssss. Start the Church of the Talking Lizard. Hssssssss. Build the Neo Temple. Spread the Word. Hssssssssssss. Follow meeeeeeeee... to... the otha... siiiiiiiide..."

And then he started belting out vague poetry about wanting to have sex with his mom." -From the great old Aro, about a dream I had.]
vainsten
Squire
posted 06-05-20 07:43 PM CT (US)     619 / 683       
Note to self: Make sure you have everything you need before taking something apart. If you can't remember what you need to take it apart, you probably forgot something.
ax_man1
Squire
posted 06-05-20 11:44 PM CT (US)     620 / 683       
Oof, TL;DW.
Watching even a few seconds of it was enough for you to plan your next full watch of the extended trilogy for this weekend

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
Nowhere
Squire
posted 06-06-20 04:03 AM CT (US)     621 / 683       
If you can't remember ... you probably forgot
Yes, I find this to generally be the case

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 06-06-20 12:43 PM CT (US)     622 / 683       
Watching even a few seconds of it was enough for you to plan your next full watch of the extended trilogy for this weekend
I've never actually watched it. TL;DW.

Mithril Knight
Squire
posted 06-06-20 02:33 PM CT (US)     623 / 683       
If you can't remember ... you probably forgot
Yes, I find this to generally be the case
inb4, people die if they are killed

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms

[This message has been edited by Mithril Knight (edited 06-06-2020 @ 02:34 PM).]

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 06-06-20 02:56 PM CT (US)     624 / 683       
Inb4, "Never fight a land war in Asia."

vainsten
Squire
posted 06-06-20 03:07 PM CT (US)     625 / 683       
inb4 Genghis Khan: LEEEROOOOOOOOOY JENKINS!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 23 24 25 26 27 ··· 28  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames