You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3080 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Your works of art.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Your works of art.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84 85 86 87 88  Next Page »
Pitt_Man
Squire
(id: Dark_Reign)
posted 08-09-13 07:15 AM CT (US)         

We all love AoC. Why else would we be here? Why else would you be reading this thread?
With the seemingly less projects dominating the 1st page of SD&M, whether it be your work is not far along enough to post in the "Current Projects" thread, or even to have a thread of its' own. Why not give us a snippet of what you're working on?! Campaigns, Scenarios, Mods, anything!

It could be your big project, a side project, if you're just kicking back playing an RM or MP game or your favourite Campaign.
Even just messing around in the editor or Poser? I would love to see your raw works, or what you're up to in the world of AoC. Think of it as an "Instagram" for Age of Empires.

Take a screenshot of whatever you're working on (or playing with) in the editor or modding program, and share it with the community. No editing required to get rid of the editor's menu or your cursor, no theme, no voting. Just the sharing of...
Your works of art.

Need a place to host your images?
No registration needed-
Image Host+Imgur+Tiny Pic

Registration needed-
Image Shack+Photo Bucket+Flickr

Enjoy!

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 04-27-2016 @ 12:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Lord Basse
MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
posted 12-30-19 10:32 AM CT (US)     2976 / 3080       
Nice to see it get an update! I remember it was my favourite out the MGC entries that year. I intend to port most of my works to DE as well, but I shudder at the thought of having to rotate all those countless bushes.

@Andan, another really nice shot! And you can count on me at least to always have the original AoC installed whenever you release something!

Most scenarios can also be ported quite easily from AoC to DE, so you can still design them in vanilla and then adapt them to DE. They will look a bit different, obviously, and you will have to spend a lot of time re-rotating jungle bushes, because the jungle tree now has twice as many rotations and few of them match the old ones.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 12-30-2019 @ 10:34 AM).]

Talon Karrde
Squire
posted 12-30-19 05:52 PM CT (US)     2977 / 3080       
Since I never finished my fantasy scenario entry I've decided to do something better than it in DE. Same basic setting but rebuilt and a new story. Who knows if I'll finish it! Editor is slowly to a crawl, probably partly because my map is too big and getting increasingly cluttered.

Below is the port of a small village.

Bah.
Lord Basse
posted 12-30-19 06:19 PM CT (US)     2978 / 3080       
Looks quite nice! Yeah, the DE editor is laggy as hell. I'm working on a giant map and it takes like 2-3 seconds for it to register any new terrain I try to add... and it keeps jumping between submenus whenever I use the up/down keys, which is supremely annoying.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
Andanu Trisatya
Squire
posted 12-30-19 09:17 PM CT (US)     2979 / 3080       
@Basse: Thanks, really appreciate the fact that you always appreciate my work all this time.

About DE, well perhaps when Scripter or any other talented person decides to utilize UserPatch's features to cover for anything that the new editor lacks, I'll consider designing the playable portion of my project in DE.
Talon Karrde
I vaguely remember this name back in 2000. Welcome back, and that is one gorgeous-looking village!

████████
████████
/\NDANU TRISATY/\
The Least Skilled Member of StormWind Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
rightlook4
Squire
posted 12-31-19 03:55 AM CT (US)     2980 / 3080       
If you want to get information about the job notification, exam and interview dates, and Sarkari Result. you will get many websites of the Government of India. You can easily find out the result for any Government examination
Sarkari Result
SarkariResult
Talon Karrde
Squire
posted 12-31-19 01:20 PM CT (US)     2981 / 3080       
Thanks! Yeah, I was around for a couple of years back then, but I was young, impatient, and rubbish. Now I'm less of all three, but I also have less time and less energy!

Bah.
Filthydelphia
Squire
(id: Al_Kharn the Great)
posted 01-01-20 12:42 PM CT (US)     2982 / 3080       
Talon Karrde, very interesting design! Normally, I wouldn't think that so many different building sets or tree types would look good together, but this just works for some reason.

Maximun_Rex
Squire
posted 01-06-20 11:44 AM CT (US)     2983 / 3080       
Lord Basse: Looks quite nice! Yeah, the DE editor is laggy as hell. I'm working on a giant map and it takes like 2-3 seconds for it to register any new terrain I try to add...
I'm working in Ludacris map. To workaround lag, I had to divide my map into sectors. Then create each sector in a new map and then copy/paste it to the main map.

I think copy/paste works just fine! You only have to rotate houses and maybe jungle trees (haven't worked with them, but I read they have issues). The problem is that you will have a little hard time calculating the copy/paste borders as they are bigger than the original.

I was up to the 30% of my map when it started to lag, making it impossible to even change terrain. I had to wait more than 10 secs to change terrain!

With this workaround my map is 100% finished. Now working on triggers, also Laggy as hell ....

In memoriam Latin Desing Team
Lord Basse
posted 01-06-20 06:06 PM CT (US)     2984 / 3080       
Damn, that sounds insanely infuriating. I really hope the devs solve this soon. From what I hear they do at least know about the issue, which is a start I guess.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
Talon Karrde
Squire
posted 01-06-20 06:15 PM CT (US)     2985 / 3080       
Filthydelphia, thanks! Yeah, the composition gets a bit tricky with so much mixing. I'm also partly hoping that the player buys it once and then accepts it thereafter. I think I'm pulling it off, but it might also be that I've tricked myself into thinking that it looks good!

I've also taken to doing bits on smaller maps, although at this point I don't copy/paste them but just get the design, which I plan to recreate without need for laggy experimentation (albeit still with lag) in the map proper. Terrain is still fine for me, a bit of lag but not much. Elevations are the killer.

Bah.
Filthydelphia
Squire
posted 01-06-20 06:20 PM CT (US)     2986 / 3080       
The only thing to keep in mind with map copy is that when you map copy cliffs, they will appear just fine (they did not appear at all in HD), but they may be 'off'. If you try to add to copied cliffs with new cliffs, you'll see what I mean in that the new cliffs won't 'attach' properly to the copied ones, unless you managed to paste them perfectly on the cliff grid. It's a minor issue, but just something to keep in mind if you copy/paste lots of cliffs.

Talon Karrde
Squire
posted 01-10-20 11:57 AM CT (US)     2987 / 3080       
Another screenshot: a farmer's manor and grounds with some crops trying to survive on hard ground, with a road going through as well. I was trying to project the feeling of the Ascadian Isles from Morrowind, except within the rather different environment of this region, which is called Samudra.

Bah.
Lord Basse
posted 01-10-20 04:01 PM CT (US)     2988 / 3080       
Looks good! I'm liking the combination of temple ruins and roman ruin pieces.

A little something from a map I cobbled together for ZeroEmpires' design competition:

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
Talon Karrde
Squire
posted 01-11-20 12:15 PM CT (US)     2989 / 3080       
That bridge is lovely, but I really admire your employment and distribution of nature! That's always the bit where I'm weakest.

Bah.
Lord Basse
posted 01-11-20 12:40 PM CT (US)     2990 / 3080       
Thank you! It's gotten to the point where I more or less don't think about what I'm doing when I'm designing the nature segments, so it's hard to explain how I do things. One thing, though: the new terrain layering effect is absolutely wonderful, and I already find myself abusing it haha!

On another note, I am really not a fan of the new Road Fungus. It doesn't blend well with the other roads anymore, and it looks like it's coated with toxic paint.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
Julius999
Imposter
posted 01-11-20 12:48 PM CT (US)     2991 / 3080       
Yeah, but it's an ideal terrain if you want to do a scenario about a chemical spill.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
Lord Basse
posted 01-11-20 01:02 PM CT (US)     2992 / 3080       
It certainly is. Can't wait for the Agent Wolfcastle remake!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 01-13-20 09:34 AM CT (US)     2993 / 3080       
LordBasse,

Can you post of a speedbuild of you making a scenario with the nature/terrains etc? So we can learn.

Domus Dulcis Domus --- Home Sweet Home...ZzZzZzZzZ
Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 01-13-20 10:59 AM CT (US)     2994 / 3080       
Yes Basse, please let us sit at your feet and be illuminated.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 01-13-20 01:18 PM CT (US)     2995 / 3080       
I think he already has a yt channel he uploads to?

Anyway good stuff by LB and talon karde above. I also faintly recall the old name but nothing else.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
Lord Basse
posted 01-14-20 05:34 AM CT (US)     2996 / 3080       
I have thought of making videos where I just design like a forest, a village or something. I just don't know how I would package it in a meaningful way. But we'll see.

So do not fret, Matt, you will get your chance to bask in my glory.
I think he already has a yt channel he uploads to?
Yeah... just about once every three years.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
Devious Dev
Official Professional Qualified Noob
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
posted 01-14-20 06:49 AM CT (US)     2997 / 3080       
I'm not Lord Basse, but I did make a video like that some time ago. Please ignore the rotting corpse of a channel it's on though

MrMew
Huskarl
posted 01-16-20 07:56 PM CT (US)     2998 / 3080       

Small something I'm working on. Far from complete.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
Filthydelphia
Squire
posted 01-16-20 09:42 PM CT (US)     2999 / 3080       
Two screenshots from Haiku of the Ronin

Inspired by Mr. Wednesday's brilliant trick from Lights of Kurishima, the daimyo's honmaru at Okayama:

The daimyo's samurai and ashigaru watch over the frozen rice paddies:

Lord Basse
posted 01-17-20 02:20 AM CT (US)     3000 / 3080       
Looks wonderful! I never cease to be amazed at the speed at which you make scenarios.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
Filthydelphia
Squire
posted 01-17-20 01:59 PM CT (US)     3001 / 3080       
Looks wonderful! I never cease to be amazed at the speed at which you make scenarios.
Thanks! There's really no trick to it: it's just appropriate goals and a deliberate approach.

First, I'm never too ambitious. I'm not writing the next Game of Thrones or making the greatest scenario ever. I'm making an hour of entertainment. I do my job well if someone can get in, have fun for an hour on one frustration-free playthrough, and get out, still wanting a little more but still feeling accomplished. Bonus points if the scenario covers a theme they have a pre-existing interest in (hint: they're more likely to want to play it / perceive themselves as enjoying it if they have a pre-existing interest).

That last point also explains why I'm exclusively a historical-based designer -- which also makes things easier for me with plot, characters, etc. My stories and dialogues are for introducing a setting and building immersion, not to showcase plot twists and complex character development, two things that I just think Age of Empires has too many limitations if that's your goal.

Not being too ambitious impacts the scenarios themselves. When I need to be a bit more involved in design (making something like, say, City of Peace), I work on smaller maps and keep the playing experience under an hour.

When I have a mechanic I want to explore (say, the raidings in Ragnar's Raids), I pretty much just create the mechanic then give the Player a 255x255 playground to mess around with the mechanic in. The Player in those scenarios isn't going to be looking at the same few tiles of map over and over again so aesthethics matter less. The story is entirely emergent from the player's adventures so I don't have to provide a ton of objectives or dialogues to keep it interesting (in fact, too many would be impossible to manage in these types of scenarios because I can't dictate when a Player does or sees things).

In either case, I'm saving a ton of time against the designer who wants to make a detailed map, detailed triggered sequences, detailed everything at the 255x255 scale. And frankly, map design tricks and getting every bush and plant just perfect isn't something I focus on. This might sound like heresy, but I very rarely rotate objects (and then only when I have two duplicates really close to each other). The time a designer spends trying to get everything perfect just doesn't return value: it is wasted effort that could better be spent on something that will directly improve how much the player enjoys the scenario.

Also, as part of not being too ambitious, I'm very cognizant of feature creep. Lots of potential ideas wind up being tedious, not fun, or difficult to learn/explain. I'd like to think I have an open mind that can recognize when I have bad ideas and I'm fine with cutting bait on them.

Secondly, I'm deliberate in planning. Mark Twain said, "The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one." I outline my scenarios in detail in Word before designing. I hash out the scenario mechanics, the gameplay loop, the objectives and dialogues, and even a proposed walkthrough of the player's experience playing, all before I start designing. Plenty of times I realize an initial idea isn't going to be fun or is going to be overly complex to design, and I ditch it for something else. I never commit at this stage. By planning everything in advance, I probably save a ton of time compared to less deliberate designers who may realize too late that something isn't working, or have to re-do entire sections of map/triggers because they get another idea, or so forth. Of course, I have made entire scenarios and then ultimately ditched them, but the planning process really does help minimize that from happening. It also helps serve as a break on being too ambitious since I can quickly see how much work I'm gearing up to do.

So, to summarize, I don't think there's anything particularly special that explains why I'm able to work so fast. I am confident that anyone who approaches designing in the way I do could be equally productive.

Now, there is a cost. For what it's worth, I've never actually earned a 5.0 rating here at AoKH. This probably has something to do with my deliberate choices to de-prioritize the way bushes look or not have incredible plots or not have 5-hour long epics... for me, that's fine, because I recognize that the things reviewers are looking for are not what I'm focused on. But if I were to choose between making a single perfect scenario or making tons of good ones that give Age players lots of different ways to play the game in all of their favorite historical settings, I'd always go the latter. And I think most campaign players would prefer that choice.

Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 01-17-20 03:12 PM CT (US)     3002 / 3080       
There is certainly a lot of wisdom in your approach, and I think the results speak for themselves. Perhaps the most true part is the idea of only biting off what you can reasonably chew.

That said, I think there is room for more than one kind of designer. Your approach, while completely sensible and well suited to you, isn't naturally going to work for all designers, and it isn't going to produce scenarios appealing to all players. Most of this is personality based. Rotating trees and rocks may be tedious and yield low value to you, to someone else making active choices like that is what separates random maps from custom scenarios. DE brings more beauty to the game, and some will use this to make pretty maps with less effort, while others will delve into the additional options to work in even greater detail than before.

Similarly, while I agree AoKH is best suited to simple historical stories, that hardly precludes it from being effectively used to do more complicated or less traditional things. I think it's ideal for everyone to just design the way they enjoy which ultimately leads to a wide variety of scenario types.

I've seen this community swing to different extremes over the years. Around 2005-2012 or so it was all about pushing boundaries and designing massive projects. Since then there has been a big swing back to simpler designs and more achievable goals. Neither is precisely right or wrong on my opinion. In fact I would say that both styles coexisting in the same timeframe would be the healthiest option for the design community long term.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
Talon Karrde
Squire
posted 01-17-20 05:22 PM CT (US)     3003 / 3080       
Definitely a valid philosophy, Filthydelphia!

Mine is currently quite different, as I'm not that bothered about whether or not I have a finished and publishable product at the end. I'm just enjoying the slow process of trying to make an imagined world a more concrete thing within the limits of the editor. At the same time, this process also allows me to learn more about that imagined world. I now have a far better idea of its general history since I started working on my map than I did before, for instance. Whether or not anyone else ever engages with all of it is somewhat beside the point (albeit not entirely as creators often do enjoy sharing their creations and I'm no exception).

Ultimately what's important is that every style of creation can be accommodated.

Bah.
Lord Basse
posted 01-17-20 07:12 PM CT (US)     3004 / 3080       
Thanks! There's really no trick to it: it's just appropriate goals and a deliberate approach.

First, I'm never too ambitious. I'm not writing the next Game of Thrones or making the greatest scenario ever. I'm making an hour of entertainment. I do my job well if someone can get in, have fun for an hour on one frustration-free playthrough, and get out, still wanting a little more but still feeling accomplished. Bonus points if the scenario covers a theme they have a pre-existing interest in (hint: they're more likely to want to play it / perceive themselves as enjoying it if they have a pre-existing interest).
This is a very sensible approach, though personally I definitely veer closer to the Game of Thrones side of things. Partly because campaigns of that type are the ones that I have the most fun playing, like Sabato Returns, Ulio and so on. And partly because it is what I enjoy making the most. Scenario design has been my chief hobby for over a decade, and the ability to tell stories, which I cannot tell as well in other media, is the primary reason I'm still doing it. For me the story always come first, and then I try to come up with varied gameplay ideas that fit and enhance the storytelling.
That last point also explains why I'm exclusively a historical-based designer -- which also makes things easier for me with plot, characters, etc. My stories and dialogues are for introducing a setting and building immersion, not to showcase plot twists and complex character development, two things that I just think Age of Empires has too many limitations if that's your goal.
Character development is definitely a hard thing to pull off in AoK, although there are successful examples: Ulio, again, and The Successor come to mind. Simple stories do tend to work best, in general; there's only so much characterization you do for a tiny, pixelated 2½D soldier with no facial expressions.
In either case, I'm saving a ton of time against the designer who wants to make a detailed map, detailed triggered sequences, detailed everything at the 255x255 scale. And frankly, map design tricks and getting every bush and plant just perfect isn't something I focus on. This might sound like heresy, but I very rarely rotate objects (and then only when I have two duplicates really close to each other). The time a designer spends trying to get everything perfect just doesn't return value: it is wasted effort that could better be spent on something that will directly improve how much the player enjoys the scenario.
It's a perfectly valid approach and it definitely has its upsides, although it doesn't appeal to me personally as a designer. Making something that both looks beautiful and works well with the intended gameplay is one of the challenges I find most rewarding about designing, and it's something I've often heard players commend when it works. Still, I don't obsess over every bush and tree either. I have a set of rules of thumb that I apply. When designing forests I usually just draw a big blob of trees with a broad brush and then trim the edges to make it look more organic. I only rotate the autumn/dead trees so that it looks cohesive and fits the intended season, and then I spend my time on the edges of the forests. I also use a lot of open landscapes, especially in B&D scenarios, which serve multiple functions. They allow for freer movement, they make the landscape feel less cramped, they look natural with proper elevation added, and they take little time to design compared to the more detailed portions. I also just generally spend less time trying to make every single individual location look beautiful, and focus more on tying all the locations together as seamlessly as possible. All of this saves me time, while also improving the gameplay and enhancing the world I want to create.
Also, as part of not being too ambitious, I'm very cognizant of feature creep. Lots of potential ideas wind up being tedious, not fun, or difficult to learn/explain. I'd like to think I have an open mind that can recognize when I have bad ideas and I'm fine with cutting bait on them.
Here I generally do the same. I try to give each scenario a distinct theme and I focus exclusively on the core story and gameplay until those are done. Once I reach that point I allow myself to add in side quests or other such bonus features, but I make sure these never get in the way of me actually finishing the scenario.
Secondly, I'm deliberate in planning. Mark Twain said, "The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one." I outline my scenarios in detail in Word before designing. I hash out the scenario mechanics, the gameplay loop, the objectives and dialogues, and even a proposed walkthrough of the player's experience playing, all before I start designing. Plenty of times I realize an initial idea isn't going to be fun or is going to be overly complex to design, and I ditch it for something else. I never commit at this stage. By planning everything in advance, I probably save a ton of time compared to less deliberate designers who may realize too late that something isn't working, or have to re-do entire sections of map/triggers because they get another idea, or so forth. Of course, I have made entire scenarios and then ultimately ditched them, but the planning process really does help minimize that from happening. It also helps serve as a break on being too ambitious since I can quickly see how much work I'm gearing up to do.
I do the same thing, although I think I am pretty extreme in my approach here. For my last big campaign I wrote a complete script for each scenario: all of the dialogue, all of the core gameplay, every cut-scene and moment when a new mission pops up. It's time-consuming at first, but it gives me a very clear image of the project as a whole before I even open the editor, which is extremely useful when making a 7-scenario campaign with perhaps 10+ hours of gameplay. It also ensures that I stay focused on the things that matter once I do start designing. I now have a new campaign (very slowly) in the making that has a combined script of a whopping 170 screenplay pages (the last one was 120 pages), and I already have every single dialogue and location thought out. It's not a method I can easily recommend, but for me it really works. I find the writing to be a lot of fun on its own and it allows me to hash out the story and cut out unnecessary diversions before I spend a single minute designing them.
So, to summarize, I don't think there's anything particularly special that explains why I'm able to work so fast. I am confident that anyone who approaches designing in the way I do could be equally productive.
I do think it takes a level of discipline that not everyone possesses to stick to this method consistently, although you could say that about any method. I do think it is more easy to approach and find success through your method, though, than the story-focused, detail-obsessed approach many designers (including me) use, and that is a great selling point for it. Like Matt said, there is and should always be room for designers of both "schools" - especially these days when the number of people releasing singleplayer scenarios is a lot lower than it used to be.
But if I were to choose between making a single perfect scenario or making tons of good ones that give Age players lots of different ways to play the game in all of their favorite historical settings, I'd always go the latter. And I think most campaign players would prefer that choice.
I don't believe players generally prefer good, in-and-out gameplay-focused scenarios over elaborate "perfect" campaigns. The download numbers in the Blacksmith, and on Steam for that matter, I think show that there is a big audience for both. The top downloaded campaigns here include several RPGs, a detailed, highly cinematic fixed force siege, pure B&D like Macbeth, and story-focused epics like Ulio. My own story epics have been downloaded ~32,000 times, with another 10,000 on Steam and, if I recall right, 10-15,000 on the bootleg Chinese and Spanish translations. So there is clearly a market for both kinds of campaigns - and, honestly, I think the same player usually enjoys both types without necessarily making a distincion. As long as it's fun, it is a good campaign.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 01-17-2020 @ 07:21 PM).]

Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 01-18-20 03:13 AM CT (US)     3005 / 3080       
Hi Filthy and Basse. Always nice to read your thoughts given that you both are some of the most eminent designers out there! I was wondering if you have any thoughts on a scenario/campaign involving a trading mechanic within the AOE2E framework.

I am looking at a Marco Polo campaign and while there will be a mystery/political/exploration theme, trading will need to feature in a big way. But I am having some uncertainty how the new triggers and such could help in this.

Also, I am trying to add some new eyecandy (trade goods, silks, ceramics, tea, etc) to the game but am unsure how this can be done so any thoughts would be helpful.

Also if you could share a scenario speedbuild video done in AOE2E, that would awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Domus Dulcis Domus --- Home Sweet Home...ZzZzZzZzZ
Lord Basse
posted 01-18-20 06:56 AM CT (US)     3006 / 3080       
Hey Charging_Knight! Trade systems are something I've not experimented much with personally, but we did have a collaborative project at SWS called "The Merchant" with some pretty in-depth trade mechanics, where trade was at the heart of the gameplay. Unfortunately it still sits unfinished, but if it does come out I'm sure you could find some inspiration from it! In general, I think a good idea is to make sure each trade cart/cog matters and needs to be protected, and that every purchase and sell is a choice that impacts the game in a meaningful way.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
Devious Dev
Official Professional Qualified Noob
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
posted 01-18-20 07:55 AM CT (US)     3007 / 3080       
I think I remember play testing for The Merchant years ago. Good stuff, really hope you guys finish it some day!
Lord Basse
posted 01-18-20 08:15 AM CT (US)     3008 / 3080       
Thank you! I have been pestering Julius about it, since he is the one who knows the triggers best, but I have thus far come up short.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
MrMew
Huskarl
posted 01-19-20 09:05 PM CT (US)     3009 / 3080       

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 01-20-20 02:25 AM CT (US)     3010 / 3080       
Nice and simple, I like it! If I were to make a suggestion, it would be to mix in some snowy bushes or pines with the rocks, as in a snowy landscape it can be an ounce jarring to see large groups of rocks with no snow on them whatsoever.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84 85 86 87 88  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames