You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3051 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Your works of art.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Your works of art.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 85 86 87 88  Next Page »
Pitt_Man
Squire
(id: Dark_Reign)
posted 08-09-13 07:15 AM CT (US)         

We all love AoC. Why else would we be here? Why else would you be reading this thread?
With the seemingly less projects dominating the 1st page of SD&M, whether it be your work is not far along enough to post in the "Current Projects" thread, or even to have a thread of its' own. Why not give us a snippet of what you're working on?! Campaigns, Scenarios, Mods, anything!

It could be your big project, a side project, if you're just kicking back playing an RM or MP game or your favourite Campaign.
Even just messing around in the editor or Poser? I would love to see your raw works, or what you're up to in the world of AoC. Think of it as an "Instagram" for Age of Empires.

Take a screenshot of whatever you're working on (or playing with) in the editor or modding program, and share it with the community. No editing required to get rid of the editor's menu or your cursor, no theme, no voting. Just the sharing of...
Your works of art.

Need a place to host your images?
No registration needed-
Image Host+Imgur+Tiny Pic

Registration needed-
Image Shack+Photo Bucket+Flickr

Enjoy!

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 04-27-2016 @ 12:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 01-22-20 11:58 AM CT (US)     3011 / 3051       
I've seen this community swing to different extremes over the years. Around 2005-2012 or so it was all about pushing boundaries and designing massive projects. Since then there has been a big swing back to simpler designs and more achievable goals. Neither is precisely right or wrong on my opinion.

...Meanwhile in a secret bunker far beneath the snowy wastelands he calls home, cata puts the final polish on a large map that has had every tree and every gaia object placed carefully by hand, and ditto for every single tile of terrain on the map..

Well, its not that great of a map to be honest, I cut some corners By the way, on the topic of speed mapping, I put a map in the showcase scenario category that was medium sized with all trees etc placed by hand. Estimated time of development is maybe 30 hours or maybe 40 at most in a single week...maybe its not the best map ever, but I think its pretty decent. Filling in a large map is definitly not easy, but I think the cost of quality development a wee bit exaggerated above, especially in regards to over-emphasizing the need to speedily push something out with little regard to how good the terrain looks.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
Possidon
Slayer
posted 01-22-20 12:11 PM CT (US)     3012 / 3051       
While map design does take a lot of skill and time, i think it’s very common that the triggers are where most people give up on their scenarios and stop. Me for example, I created the entire map design for Wrath of the Traibs in a few days but took about 8 years to actually finish the scenario due to the triggers. Triggers can go wrong a lot and it’s takes much patience and testing to pull off a decent scenario, especially a large trigger heavy RPG. That’s why contest like the PTC get many more entries that other contests, because the focus more on map design than complex triggers, in fact they don’t need to have many trigger at all.
Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 01-22-20 12:39 PM CT (US)     3013 / 3051       
Any idea why the two cliff variants in AOE2E only have one graphic set? Is something being done about it?

Domus Dulcis Domus --- Home Sweet Home...ZzZzZzZzZ
Lord Basse
MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
posted 01-22-20 02:28 PM CT (US)     3014 / 3051       
@Kata, I was going to have a look at it, but for some reason I can't runt WololoKingdoms anymore. Any chance you have a mapshot of it?

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 02-06-20 03:33 PM CT (US)     3015 / 3051       
Ah, its not worth that much effort

I watched your recent videos LB, interesting to actually see another designer working for once. However I did notice some outlines from units behind buildings, so deduct 2 points for that Anyway that looks to be a good method for showing and hopefully inspiring people to do designing instead of a set piece article with many words and some images.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
andi03
Squire
posted 02-22-20 05:19 PM CT (US)     3016 / 3051       
Extracts from a new MP map I've been working on lately. Still WIP and may get updated on later.

Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 03-03-20 04:09 AM CT (US)     3017 / 3051       
MrMew
Huskarl
posted 03-06-20 10:34 PM CT (US)     3018 / 3051       
Do you dare go up this path?

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 03-07-20 02:16 AM CT (US)     3019 / 3051       
Not without a few layers on! Looking good

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
Filthydelphia
Squire
(id: Al_Kharn the Great)
posted 03-10-20 07:39 PM CT (US)     3020 / 3051       
Constantinople has been a shadow of its former self after the Latin Crusaders sacked it two and a half centuries before, but, in the year 1453, Emperor Constantine XI is optimistic as the schism between the Eastern and Western churches ends. Some Catholic priests have come to the Hagia Sophia to give mass to Constantine's German bodyguards. The ruins of the Hippodrome can still be seen.

Hammister
Squire
posted 03-11-20 01:44 PM CT (US)     3021 / 3051       
The ruined Hippodrome looks very nice. Can I assume this is for an upcoming scenario?
Filthydelphia
Squire
posted 03-11-20 02:10 PM CT (US)     3022 / 3051       
Thank you, Hammister! Yes, it is for an upcoming scenario!

Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 03-13-20 07:10 AM CT (US)     3023 / 3051       
Filthy, do you need chariots? I could help import the Scythe Chariots from AOEDE.

Filthydelphia
Squire
posted 03-13-20 09:28 AM CT (US)     3024 / 3051       
Thanks, but no, I don't need chariots. With what's about to happen here in Constantinople in 1453, there won't be time for chariot races!

Besides, there is a chariot unit in DE. Tsar Konstantin rides a chariot.

Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 03-13-20 02:26 PM CT (US)     3025 / 3051       
The Four Teams - Blues, Reds, Whites and Greens of the Hippodrome

[This message has been edited by Charging_Knight (edited 03-13-2020 @ 02:28 PM).]

Filthydelphia
Squire
posted 03-16-20 03:25 PM CT (US)     3026 / 3051       
That looks nice, Charging Knight, but I don't need these units for the scenario.

fknabyss
Squire
posted 03-16-20 07:24 PM CT (US)     3027 / 3051       
Flat Earth Map

Silent Hill Map

[This message has been edited by fknabyss (edited 03-18-2020 @ 00:26 AM).]

Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 03-20-20 07:48 AM CT (US)     3028 / 3051       
A Lithuanian Village...

rewaider
Squire
posted 03-20-20 07:56 PM CT (US)     3029 / 3051       
Looks quite nice.
Although I'd it's missing some natural elevations. That and some bushes

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by rewaider (edited 03-20-2020 @ 07:57 PM).]

Mithril Knight
Squire
posted 03-20-20 08:22 PM CT (US)     3030 / 3051       
Where did the AoE1 walls come from?

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 03-20-20 08:40 PM CT (US)     3031 / 3051       
rewaider: There are bushes scattered around the map.

Mithril: I imported them into the game.

Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 03-20-20 08:42 PM CT (US)     3032 / 3051       
A Savannah watering hole proves popular with many animals…and those seeking to hunt them…

[This message has been edited by Charging_Knight (edited 03-21-2020 @ 06:22 AM).]

Aenon
Squire
posted 03-27-20 08:36 AM CT (US)     3033 / 3051       
Hello Charging_Knight,

May I ask how you managed to import graphics and units from AOE (DE obviously ?) to AOE II DE ?

Both are installed on my computer, but oddly I can't find any file of AOE on it.

I'd like to import graphics and units from AOE in order to make a mod where Ancian Greek, Egyptian and Babylonian among others would be playable in AOE II DE.

I installed AOE DE from Microsoft when it was released. But As I said, no folder found on my PC (but the game is playable)

For AOE II DE, I got it on Steam. Folders easily found.

Many thanks in advance.

Winter is coming.
Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 03-28-20 05:35 AM CT (US)     3034 / 3051       
Hi Aenon,

Are you on Steam?

Add me: navinkumarpk
Friend Code: 170455936

Aenon
Squire
posted 03-30-20 04:14 PM CT (US)     3035 / 3051       
Thank you,
I will

Not sure it is good enough for this thread, but since I'm passing through, I give it a try :

Winter is coming.
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 03-31-20 02:34 AM CT (US)     3036 / 3051       
It's gorgeous, Aenon. I particular enjoy your work with the tower on the island in the center--the overlapping rocks and trees nearby give it quite the intriguing look

A couple things to critique: the waterfall in the southernmost point of the island has no source and looks like it's floating, or appearing out of nothing; and the rightmost arch on that bridge is too blocked by the rock in front of it to produce a cascade of that volume.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
Talon Karrde
Squire
posted 04-04-20 09:13 AM CT (US)     3037 / 3051       
I was inspired to struggle with the laggy editor to continue working on my scenario a bit more.

What mysteries lay underneath Samudra, in places long untouched by anybody's hands?

Bah.
Mike Oxhard
Squire
(id: Arnas)
posted 04-16-20 03:39 AM CT (US)     3038 / 3051       
Very nice screenshot, Talon!
Getting a strong Diablo II Lut Gholein vibe.

[This message has been edited by Mike Oxhard (edited 04-16-2020 @ 03:39 AM).]

Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 04-27-20 08:13 AM CT (US)     3039 / 3051       
A snap from a campaign on the An Lushan Rebellion that I am working on showing the compound of Tang Emperor Xuanzong, meeting the general An Lushan in more happy times, accompanied by his chief concubine Yang Guifei and courtiers, including eunichs in black and yellow. The emperor's horse Wind of the West is tethered near the lake, where the Emperor's pavillion is set up, with a feast prepared.

Would like to have your thoughts and suggestions please.

Lord Basse
MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
posted 05-01-20 09:20 AM CT (US)     3040 / 3051       
I think it looks really good! I would be tempted to change those brown and blue pines to green ones to match the rest of the trees, and perhaps close that cleft in the elevation in the northwest part of the shot. Other than little things like that I can't think of anything to critique really, it's a very nice-looking shot!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
duyhung2h
Squire
posted 05-01-20 11:00 PM CT (US)     3041 / 3051       

A sneak peek of my entry for DTS20 Contest! (Hakurei Shrine)
Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 05-21-20 05:03 PM CT (US)     3042 / 3051       
The Germanic warlord Odoacer deposes the last Western Roman Emperor Romulus Augustulus, bringing an end to 1,228 years of Roman rule, seizing the imperial regalia and sending the Emperor into exile…

Talon Karrde
Squire
posted 05-23-20 03:04 PM CT (US)     3043 / 3051       
Really nice, I like it. Although I can't help but think that the building behind Odoacer might benefit from being raised one level of elevation. I just get the sense it would make the scene a bit more imposing. I also feel that the cypress trees are a bit too far forward.

As someone without AOEDE or modding knowledge, I'm also looking forward to the day when someone uploads a mod which imports all the AOEDE assets into AOE2DE. That will be awesome.

Bah.
Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 05-23-20 04:39 PM CT (US)     3044 / 3051       
Hi Talon,

On the cypress trees, they are actually part of the Roman Government Centre Building, not separate units placed by me

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/wip-ancient-civilizations-total-conversion-mod/80590/24

This project is exploring how to bring the AOE1DE assets into AOE2DE. But there seem to be a number of issues including the instability of the game and the high quality of AOE1DE graphic assets which is making my mod unstable. If you are on Steam I can discuss more.

[This message has been edited by Charging_Knight (edited 05-24-2020 @ 04:43 PM).]

Aenon
Squire
posted 05-24-20 02:25 PM CT (US)     3045 / 3051       
Magnificent !

As a ancient Greece (very) enthousiast person, I'm also looking forward to see this kind of mod beeing available.
I love the civilisations from AOE1DE but prefer by far the gameplay of AOE2DE.

I didn't took the time yet to discuss on Steam as you suggested...

But very impressive piece of work here. really.

Winter is coming.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 85 86 87 88  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames