You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.881 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » The Playthrough Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Playthrough Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 24 25 26  Next Page »
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-10-17 01:07 PM CT (US)         
I've been getting back into playing through scenarios, and I thought it'd be a cool idea to have a place where we share the scenarios that we play in our spare time. It should be a good way to show different designers some hidden gems out there that could inspire some new ideas. Feel free to just mention which games your playing, give a summary or recommendation, crosspost your reviews from the Blacksmith, or even any scenarios you want people to playtest for you. It should be fun.

~`o~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
“ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-“
AuthorReplies:
Hammister
Squire
posted 05-18-20 08:11 AM CT (US)     876 / 881       
Just finished "An Unusual package" and "The Last Romans".
I enjoyed both of them- "An unusal package" had a nice map design and it was kinda fun and easygoing (played on standard- with a cold beer in one hand- lol). Had a great time, but more background story would improve the scenario a bit.

"The Last Romans" was epic from start to finish- I loved the intro slides with the sound effects and music. Population Limit 500 was a bit overwhelming for me, but I was able to defend the Hagia Sophia just before all those enemies killed the emperor. The map was as close to the real city as possible- I really liked the ruined Hippodrome (I also tried to recreate the Hippodrome for my Dandolo Campaign in HD Edition and I failed terrible- so I just used the colloseum building instead) and the look of the Palace District.
Training an army of fully upgraded cataphracts and the voice acting were the icing of the cake for me.
What an awesome map!
HELLKNIGHT61
Squire
posted 05-18-20 08:44 AM CT (US)     877 / 881       
@Lord Basse--> In fact it is possible for you to upload "The Relics of Athalėn" campaign to steam workshop. My Doom scenarios work only with UserPatch and they have new data editings from "Vampire Revenge" mod but despite this fact I achieved to upload them to steam. (With a special method) I think that you can also upload your "The Relics of Athalėn" campaign to steam like I did for my Doom files.

[This message has been edited by HELLKNIGHT61 (edited 05-18-2020 @ 03:01 PM).]

Lord Basse
MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
posted 05-18-20 05:00 PM CT (US)     878 / 881       
That does indeed seem to work. Thanks, Hellknight. I was fully convinced that wouldn't be possible to upload something that didn't stick to the AoE2HD folder setup, since it wasn't last time I tried. Although admittedly that was a few years ago now.

The new version can be found here. If you try it out, please let me know if it works as intended.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |Æ| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |Æ|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalėn (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
HELLKNIGHT61
Squire
posted 05-19-20 03:25 AM CT (US)     879 / 881       
Hi!.. Lord Basse!.. I have tried to install your campaign by applying your all information steps one by one but your campaign isn't available in the "Custom Campaign" section even I have subscribed your campaign. (Your Step 2)

THE STEPS YOU NEED TO DO

1-) Install the compatibility patch to this address:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Age2HD"

2-) After that install UserPatch 1.5 to this Age2HD folder.

(* Copy the UserPatch's SetupAoC.exe into the Age2HD folder and run it. You can install to age2_x1.exe.)

(* Go into the Age2HD/data folder, delete blendomatic.dat. Make a copy of blendomatic_x1.dat and rename that copy to blendomatic.dat)

3-) Overwrite (Control C and Control V) Relics of Athalen's special files inside of this new folder. Overwrite all files into right folders.

CAUTION: DON'T Update any language.dll files. Don't change any language.dll files. Also delete "age2_x2" file. "age2_x1" file is enough for you.

NOTE: If your file's isn't compatible with UserPatch 1.5 you can skip number 2.

HOW TO UPLOAD

1-) Subscribe one of my Doom files and find its folder from "Workshop/Content" folder. Search all folders one by one.

2-) After that try to mimic your files like my Doom files before uploading your files. You should create extra resources folder, _preview-icon.exe file and _pubish-info.txt file. Also you need to add your Age2HD folder. (Delete all savegame files before doing this process. Also delete player.nfz file)

3-) You should add "How to Install" article to your file description like I did.

4-) You can copy and mimic my "How to Install" article for your file.

So Good Luck!..

[This message has been edited by HELLKNIGHT61 (edited 05-19-2020 @ 06:24 AM).]

Filthydelphia
Squire
(id: Al_Kharn the Great)
posted 05-19-20 08:13 AM CT (US)     880 / 881       
"The Last Romans" was epic from start to finish- I loved the intro slides with the sound effects and music. Population Limit 500 was a bit overwhelming for me, but I was able to defend the Hagia Sophia just before all those enemies killed the emperor. The map was as close to the real city as possible- I really liked the ruined Hippodrome (I also tried to recreate the Hippodrome for my Dandolo Campaign in HD Edition and I failed terrible- so I just used the colloseum building instead) and the look of the Palace District.
Training an army of fully upgraded cataphracts and the voice acting were the icing of the cake for me.
What an awesome map!
Thank you, hammister! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Lord Basse
MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
posted 05-19-20 01:18 PM CT (US)     881 / 881       
@Hellknight, you're right, I was a little to quick on the trigger there. I will try the method you posted and see if that works.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |Æ| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |Æ|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalėn (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 24 25 26  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames