You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Mr Wednesday, John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5760 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Age of Chivalry - Download Now!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age of Chivalry - Download Now!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 110 ··· 120 ··· 130 ··· 140 ··· 150 ··· 163 164 165  Next Page »
Kor
Busschof Happertesch
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
posted 08-15-06 03:46 PM CT (US)         

GET IT HERE
Present version 2.03 - updated 29 December 2018.

Join the AoCH Discord!

Age of Chivalry - a total conversion modpack for AoE II:TC set in Western and Central Europe 1100-1500 AD.
Requires the c patch (Don't install it if your version of AoK already has the c patch pre-installed!)

The first modification pack for Age of Empires II that changes every civilisation in the game, Age of Chivalry: Hegemony is a unique and critically acclaimed project set in Western and Central Europe during the period 1100-1500.

Changing not only graphics and civilisations, the entire gameplay has been altered to better reflect the intricacies of High and Late Medieval politics and warfare, and to make each country provide a unique playing experience. There's new, civilisation-specific buildings such as the Princely Court, the Guild Hall and the Assembly Hall, as well as over a dozen new technologies, unique and revolutionary Policy Decisions, a mercenary system, new combat dynamics and even a revised history section. An eight-scenario historical campaign featuring some of the period's decisive battles and sieges is included to introduce some of these elements to the player.

New features:
• Command one of three types of civilisation: the early-game Communal civilisations, the mid-game, militia/spear-centred Urban societies or the heavy infantry/cavalry Noble principalities
• Prepare to fight! Changed game mechanics ensure a much earlier start to the combat, with archery units available in the first age and castles and battering rams in the second
• Complement your armies with mercenaries like the Genoese Crossbowman, the Privateer, or Scots Guards
• Take up the fight as Austria, Bavaria, Bohemia, Brandenburg, Brittany, Burgundy, Denmark, England, Flanders, Florence, France, Friesland, Genoa, Guelders, Helvetia, Hungary, Liège, Milan, Naples, the Papal States, Poland, Savoy, Saxony, Scotland, Venice, or Wales, each completely different
• Advance your country on one of at least two paths by making essential policy decisions, affecting the future of your people
• New buildings, technologies, and units, from the ordinances of the Princely Court to the might of each faction’s hero
• Research new, civ-specific, technologies, such as English Longbowmen or Helvetia's Eidgenossenschaft
• Discover the history of each of the 26 countries - plus special articles on the period's conflicts and warriors
• Historical 9-scenario campaign takes you through some of the major events of the period (the battle of Bouvines, the Barons' War, the conquest of West Friesland, the battle of Kortrijk, the start of the Hundred Years War, the battle of Chioggia, the siege of Maastricht, the battle of Vitkov Hill and the siege of Neuss)

Comes with auto-installer - no more hassle moving files about!

Download (99 mb)
GET IT HERE (version 2.03, 29 December 2018)
Mirror on ModDB HERE

German language pack
A German language pack is available for version 2.03, made by Marian Spill (install after installing the latest release of Age of Chivalry).
Download it from:
[Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]

Italian language pack
An Italian language pack for verson 2.03 was made by JimGam9 (Gianmarco Di Totero) (install after installing the latest release of Age of Chivalry).
[Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]

Spanish language pack
A Spanish language pack is also available, made by igorhp (most of the work), wowegoo and Sak (install after installing the latest release of Age of Chivalry).
Download it from:
[Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]

igorhp - Steam profile
ZyPhr@™ / wowegoo - Steam profile
Sak - Steam profile - Youtube channel

Additional resources:
- Homepage, featuring country profiles.
- The Age of Chivalry wiki, maintained by jordanthejq12.
- A visual tech tree made by HerzogDePuce.

Now includes the Userpatch, which allows you to set the population limit to 1000, play with widescreen, and many more features besides!

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.

[This message has been edited by Kor (edited 05-06-2019 @ 02:17 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
John the Late
Knight
posted 02-04-19 06:43 PM CT (US)     5741 / 5760       
Pepp
Squire
posted 02-04-19 07:18 PM CT (US)     5742 / 5760       
Huh weird. I have 2.03. Well I used 2.02 exe because the 2.03 exe fail to install in my PC. Maybe because of that.

Creator of AoE III: Struggle of Indonesia

Once tried to mod AoK but failed due to laziness
John the Late
Knight
posted 02-04-19 08:01 PM CT (US)     5743 / 5760       
Yes, that's probably it. The effect where a civ's name gets changed only came with UP 1.5
Vardamir
Huskarl
posted 02-04-19 09:15 PM CT (US)     5744 / 5760       
On this subject, would it make sense for the Roman Republic PD to change the Papal States' name?

AoK: Realms
Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Genie Converter - an AKX installer for modern times
Pepp
Squire
posted 02-07-19 03:53 AM CT (US)     5745 / 5760       
Kor, do you know what is the building in the middle?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/2012-08-30_pano_gdansk_sm2.jpg/640px-2012-08-30_pano_gdansk_sm2.jpg

Edit: done Frauenkirche concept

[This message has been edited by Pepp (edited 02-07-2019 @ 09:06 AM).]

HerzogDePuce
Squire
posted 02-09-19 12:07 PM CT (US)     5746 / 5760       
do you know what is the building in the middle?
St. Mary's Gate (Brama Mariacka) of Gdansk.

Sorry for answering instead of Kor.
I was wondering whether it was more than just a gatehouse, as it looks kind of like an old hanseatic building, so I did a quick search. Unfortunately, it's not the original. It was rebuilt after it had been destroyed in WW2.
The original looks less impressive, imo: gdansk.fotopolska.eu
I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the 15th century gatehouse did feature the same red brick as today.

Regarding the Frauenkirche:
I am no expert, so I always look for pictures to compare them to the models posted here, and your model looks absolutely stunning. I love the look of the bell towers. Apparently, though, the copper domes were first added in 1525.

Qui nescit dissimulare, nescit regnare.

[This message has been edited by HerzogDePuce (edited 02-09-2019 @ 12:44 PM).]

Kor
Busschof Happertesch
posted 02-14-19 10:35 AM CT (US)     5747 / 5760       
On this subject, would it make sense for the Roman Republic PD to change the Papal States' name?
It's one change I've considered but haven't really decided on, either way. I'm still thinking.
Huh weird. I have 2.03. Well I used 2.02 exe because the 2.03 exe fail to install in my PC. Maybe because of that.
There weren't really any changes to the way the installer makes changes to the exe so I don't really see how you could install 2.02 but now 2.03. Did it give an error? Sometimes it can help to install in admin mode, or to uninstall AoCH before installing the new version. You're missing out on all the features of UP 1.5, which makes quite a difference!

---------

A lot of discussion about Age of Chivalry has by now moved over to our Discord community, and people who have an interest in the mod are more than welcome to join! You can join the community HERE. There's regular updates on progress, you can report bugs or offer gameplay suggestions, and there's room to ask people to join in with multiplayer games.

A bunch of things are currently in progress. A new scenario is in the works, with development coming along nicely. More will be revealed about it closer to release, but I can say you'll be playing as Genoa.

Also, while the next patch is more concerned with improving balance (including the internal balance between Policy Decisions for each faction), some graphical work has taken place as well. The monuments for the Papal States (the Sistine chapel), Friesland (the abbey of Aduard) and Brandenburg (the St Stephanskirche in Tangermünde) have been remade from scratch or, in the case of Brandenburg, seriously reworked. This should bring them more in line with the graphical quality of the other monuments!

Pepp
Squire
posted 02-15-19 05:34 AM CT (US)     5748 / 5760       
It says that I am missing some dll files, but then the same error happened too in 2.02. Weirdly it only fail to put the exe this time.

IperLogan
Squire
posted 04-18-19 04:52 PM CT (US)     5749 / 5760       
Do you need some help with a translation in Italian?
I've started doing it with Resource Hacker a few time ago.
Kor
Busschof Happertesch
posted 04-19-19 04:01 AM CT (US)     5750 / 5760       
Thanks for your offer! As I understand it, the Italian translation was completed this week, I'm just waiting on the translator to send me back the files so I can create an installation program.
AFFA the Cleric
Squire
posted 04-19-19 08:37 AM CT (US)     5751 / 5760       
oh my god, finally an Italian version of the game, uh, the Mod I say!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!
Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 04-24-19 07:42 PM CT (US)     5752 / 5760       
Hello guys. I love this mod so much. I am adding some graphics to replace a few of the graphics in the gamedata_x1_p1.drs of AOC. However this .drs file cannot be read by the Turtlepack editor for DRS files. How can I access the DRS file please?

Domus Dulcis Domus --- Home Sweet Home...ZzZzZzZzZ
Giullianus_kun
Squire
posted 04-27-19 02:26 PM CT (US)     5753 / 5760       
Hey Kor!Nice to hear that AOC will have another update.

For the last Weeks,I've been making an RPG scenario for AOC(Here's some screenshots of I've done so far https://imgur.com/a/nu8XWBJ).

I was wondering if you could add some more GAIA objects to the scenario editor in the next update,if it's not too much to ask,especially the new mountains from the HD version.Truth be told,I don't know any yellow mountain in Western Europe :P

Thanks for creating this awesome mod,I've been having tons of fun as of late.

[This message has been edited by Giullianus_kun (edited 04-27-2019 @ 04:40 PM).]

Kor
Busschof Happertesch
posted 05-02-19 09:35 AM CT (US)     5754 / 5760       
The Italian translation has been uploaded to ModDB, and will soon be uploaded to the Blacksmith as well. Remember, to install this you first need to install version 2.03 of Age of Chivalry!
However this .drs file cannot be read by the Turtlepack editor for DRS files. How can I access the DRS file please?
Thanks for the kind words! I actually always use Turtle Pack to edit the drs files, so I'm not sure what's going wrong there. But perhaps you could try editing it with slx studio instead? It also has a drs viewer, afaik.
For the last Weeks,I've been making an RPG scenario for AOC(Here's some screenshots of I've done so far https://imgur.com/a/nu8XWBJ).

I was wondering if you could add some more GAIA objects to the scenario editor in the next update,if it's not too much to ask,especially the new mountains from the HD version.Truth be told,I don't know any yellow mountain in Western Europe :P
Thanks for your kind words and nice work. I don't really like adding too many HD assets, because people paid for those, and the mountains are a bit annoying because they seem to be particularly prone to cause pathfinding problems. But do you have any pictures of the particular mountains you meant?

Incidentally, it looks like you're using an older version of the mod. The Italian set has been updated in its entirety since, and a lot more editor objects have already been added.
Giullianus_kun
Squire
posted 05-02-19 08:31 PM CT (US)     5755 / 5760       
Oh,I haven't noticed I had an older version.I've downloaded the mod a while ago after all.Now I have to rebuild the lore of my scenario a little bit :P those reddish italian buildings might be a nice replacement for that town in particular

Well,people paid for the CD version of the game too,so I don't see any problems using the HD assets as well,although sparingly.As for the mountains,here's a link for screenshots of them: https://imgur.com/a/XBXwObb.Those last ones were quick attempt of mine to see wheter I could copypaste mountains.TBH,I'm better at doing buildings and anime art,landscapes are a new territory for me to explore.

[This message has been edited by Giullianus_kun (edited 05-02-2019 @ 08:39 PM).]

Charging_Knight
Squire
posted 05-04-19 10:23 AM CT (US)     5756 / 5760       
Thanks Kor, the SLX studio worked. What is the best tool to modify the .dat file? Would it be possible to post a screenshot of your AGE editor (if you use it?) command lines for when you wish to edit the AOC dat file?

Domus Dulcis Domus --- Home Sweet Home...ZzZzZzZzZ
Pawelec_POLAND
Squire
posted 05-08-19 06:31 AM CT (US)     5757 / 5760       
The St. Mary's Gate was indeed made from red brick and served as an armoury until a new one was built in the 17th century.

Source: I'm from Gdansk.

[This message has been edited by Pawelec_POLAND (edited 05-21-2019 @ 09:34 AM).]

HerzogDePuce
Squire
posted 05-09-19 07:02 PM CT (US)     5758 / 5760       
Thanks for the info/confirmation, Pawelec.

Qui nescit dissimulare, nescit regnare.

[This message has been edited by HerzogDePuce (edited 05-09-2019 @ 07:04 PM).]

Khan Ivayl
Squire
posted 08-11-19 02:29 PM CT (US)     5759 / 5760       
Kor, forgive my very late feedback, I only found time to play version 2.03 now

It is always amazing to me, how you manage to combine very different types of graphics without annoying my eye It somehow fits, magically, after all. The new Italian houses in particular really keep me glued to the screen
Khan Ivayl
Squire
posted 08-20-19 03:40 AM CT (US)     5760 / 5760       
Oh... and what did you use to make civilizations change name mid-game?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 110 ··· 120 ··· 130 ··· 140 ··· 150 ··· 163 164 165  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames