You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Mr Wednesday, John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.112 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Released! - Portuguese Civ Mod III
Bottom
Topic Subject:Released! - Portuguese Civ Mod III
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
danielpereira
Squire
posted 06-02-17 11:12 AM CT (US)         
The Portuguese Civ Mod III is the third installment of the Portuguese Civ Mod, and it adds 13 new civilizations on the top of the original game and new gameplay features!

What’s new?

New civilizations
Besides of the original 5 new civilizations of PCM II (Portuguese, Aragonese, Moors and Berbers), the Portuguese Civ Mod III brings 12 new civilizations, all of them with new and unique bonuses and units: Tupis, Dutch, Swahilis, Italians, Indians, Galicians, Indonesians, Leonese, Abyssinians, Shona, Burgundians and Kongolese!

Rare Resources
A new gameplay feature for Real World Maps! Every Real World Map now has 3 distinct rare resources, which can grant resource trickles once captured and unique bonuses, upon the creation of Rare Resource Traders!

New Iberian Buildingset
All Iberian civilizations now use a new and more accurate buildingset made by Carcoma, from AoKH!

New Technology Tree
Portuguese Civ Mod III includes a revamped Technology Tree, powered by Janworks’ Tech Tree Patch, which displays information about every new unit and buildings included in PCM!

Integration with UserPatch 1.5
The Portuguese Civ Mod III is built upon the latest version of the UserPatch, ensuring the best Single Player and Multiplayer experience possible!

Improved AI
The AI can now build wonders and, in water maps, train warships and build sea buildings.

Download

Portuguese Civ Mod III can be downloaded at the AoKH Blacksmith, as usual, and also at the official Portuguese Civ Mod website!

The Portuguese Civ Mod III - Download at the Blacksmith
A mod that adds new civilizations, a new age, a new resource and introduces new gameplay features!
2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2013 (PCM I) | 1st place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2015 (PCM II) | 2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2017 (PCM III)

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." - Revelation 21:5 (KJV)

[This message has been edited by danielpereira (edited 04-22-2019 @ 09:09 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
danielpereira
Squire
posted 12-31-18 05:09 AM CT (US)     106 / 112       
@patine and Kor: Thanks a lot for the kind words

A mod that adds new civilizations, a new age, a new resource and introduces new gameplay features!
2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2013 (PCM I) | 1st place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2015 (PCM II) | 2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2017 (PCM III)

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." - Revelation 21:5 (KJV)
danielpereira
Squire
posted 01-01-19 08:35 PM CT (US)     107 / 112       
Even though I'm pretty late at this point, I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year!!

As a belated New Year gift, I would like to show a small... teaser of what you can expect to see in the next PCM patch!

https://i.imgur.com/rcD6NpM.png

(Special thanks to Catbarf for allowing his graphics to be used in PCM!)

danielpereira
Squire
posted 01-07-19 01:15 PM CT (US)     108 / 112       
There’s no better way to start the new year than with a new PCM III patch! So, I’m glad to announce the release of the patch 3.6 for the Portuguese Civ Mod III!

This patch fixes a critical bug that could cause a crash in some games, due to faulty minimap rendering code, and a bug that would cause the Indian livestock garrisoning bonus to not work correctly. Thanks to Hartmann and Varun, respectively, for reporting those bugs!

Besides of that, due to popular demand, a new Mediterranean Building set have been added to the Portuguese, the Byzantines and the Italians! Special thanks to Catbarf, the Rome at War mod team and the AoFE team for the graphics!

Those are not the only graphics that were updated in this patch: the Fortified Walls and Gates of the Iberian Buildingset now have new graphics, made by Gwotyng, from the Age of Empires II HD community!

Last but not least, Tupi military units now have proper voices and many balance fixes have been implemented for Mercenary units. As usual, the full changelog can be found at the Readme, which is included in the download.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and grab the latest patch at the Blacksmith!

danielpereira
Squire
posted 04-22-19 01:11 AM CT (US)     109 / 112       
After a long wait and months of development, we are glad to announce the release of a major update for the Portuguese Civ Mod III!

First of all, two new civilizations, with new units and unique outlines have been added! The full outline for those new civilizations can be checked both at the official PCM website and at the ‘New Civilizations’ document, which is included in the download.

Besides of that, this update also introduces major gameplay changes to the original civilizations and mechanics: Renaissance Age upgrades have been added for all warships, a Fluyt UU has been introduced for the Dutch and the Swahili UT now also enables XP trading at the Market. Special thanks to AbeJin for providing the graphics for the Renaissance Age ship upgrades and the Dutch Fluyt!

On the graphics side, many graphical elements of the mod have been revamped, most notably, the Berber, Portuguese, Tupi and Shona wonders, some of the buildings of the Tupi buildingset and builder ships, and many eyecandy elements have been added into the editor. Special thanks to AbeJin for making all of the aforementioned graphics!

Last, but not least, the hotkey system has been extended, so all new PCM units and buildings (except support units) would have unique hotkeys and no longer depend on the hotkeys of other units/buildings.

Those were just the main highlights of this update: besides of all of that, many more fixes, mostly bugfixes and balance fixes, were done. As usual, the full changelog can be found at the readme, which is included in the download.

As usual, this update can be obtained at the AoKH Blacksmith!

danielpereira
Squire
posted 07-21-19 04:40 PM CT (US)     110 / 112       
After months of wait, I am glad to announce the release of the long-awaited first patch for Portuguese Civ Mod III 4.0!

This patch fixes critical issues that were found in the Kongolese civilization, added in PCM III 4.0, namely, an exploit which would allow players to train units over popcap after gaining free Kongo Bowmen from the Kongolese UT and a bug which prevented the Kongolese Wonder Power from working as intended.

Besides of that, this update also includes some few other minor fixes to other bugs reported by the community. The full list of all changes and fixes can be found in the readme, which is included in the download.

Last but not least, since, sadly, the PCM website is going to be down for indefinite time, the “Website” and “Wiki” buttons in the “Links & Resources” section in the UI were disabled.

As usual, the patch can be obtained in the AoKH Blacksmith!

ohwisesolomon
Squire
posted 07-23-19 11:43 PM CT (US)     111 / 112       
Do you use Genie Editor to do data editing for this mod?

You have a lot of cool effects and abilities added to the game that affect enemies. example: Enemy ranged units take 10% more time to reload, Enemies lose heresy and become less resistant to conversion, etc.

I see that the userpatch notes show these abilities:
New tech effect types 10-19: apply effects 0-9 to self + allies.
New tech effect types 20-29: apply effects 0-9 to enemies.
New tech effect types 30-39: apply effects 0-9 to neutral.

When I try to add these effects in Genie Editor it just says "No Type/Invalid Type". How are you achieving these cool effects and abilities? Do you use a different program for data editing?
danielpereira
Squire
posted 07-25-19 11:56 PM CT (US)     112 / 112       
@ohwisesolomon: Oh hey!

Well, I don't use any special genie editor to do the .dat editing for PCM, I just use the Advanced Genie Editor.

A nice trick that I use to assign those new effects to technologies is creating the desired effect as a normal effect and then, after setting the attribute values, change manually in AGE the ID of the effect to the ID of its counterpart that affects allies/enemies.

Sadly, after doing that, the effect will be always shown as an "Invalid Effect", but its data will still be saved into the .dat, either way.

I hope I helped you, somehow ^^

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames