Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » News Discussion » Changes in the Wings
Bottom
Topic Subject:Changes in the Wings
Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 11-27-19 00:10 AM CT (US)         
Hey all,

You have likely noticed some name colours changing. HockeySam is Blue? Sebastien is orange? What's happening?

First things first. HockeySam18 has been splitting time as both a Co-Seraph here and as part of the development team for the new Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition over at Forgotten Empires. With the release of DE, he's just too busy to devote much time to this site, and has chosen to step back from seraph duties. But fear not! Those of you old enough to remember the Blue names for Ensemble Studios employees will recognize Sam's new colours. We are happy to have Sam sticking around the site as a special developer VIP, and look forward to his continued contributions to the Scenario Design Community.

Secondly, Sam's Co-Seraph, long time Town's Crier personality Popeychops, is also feeling the heat of real life commitments. I want to thank Popey on behalf of the whole community for being our ship's captain, for hosting the writing contest so many times, reviewing so many of our blacksmith files, and especially for helping us all understand physics just that little bit better. Popey may be shedding the golden robes of Seraph shortly, but with a commitment to judge our Fantasy Scenario Contest soon, and his popularity in Town's Crier, I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot more of everyone's favourite Pope for some time to come.

As for the rest of our cherubs and angels, you will see some inactive names disappearing from the staff lists. No one has been fired, and everyone is welcome to stay, but it's just time for some staff who can't contribute their time to the site anymore to slink back into black. Of course, this means you may see some new little green cherubs floating around in the near future.

Saving the best for last, our new Seraph will be Sebastien, and you may have already noticed his name turning a familiar orange hue. Seb is a long time forummer, a long time staffer, an experienced Scenario Designer and skilled Modder, and an all around great guy! He's been plugged in to our SD and Modding communities for years, and is one of the co-creators of the much anticipated Sengoku modification for AoK. Best of all, Sebastien has a lot of plans for revitalizing some of our outdated content and helping revamp the site to support the new Definitive Edition of our beloved game.

I'm excited to be working with Sebastien to help bring some much needed improvements to the Blacksmith, University, and Forums, and I hope you will all join me in congratulating him and wishing us the best of luck moving forward. We have some great interviews, features, and site improvements coming, which you will start to see popping up soon enough.

Don't forget to also thank our exiting seraphs for their numerous contributions!

[This message has been edited by Mr Wednesday (edited 11-27-2019 @ 00:12 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Lord Basse
MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
posted 11-27-19 00:23 AM CT (US)     1 / 9       
Congrats Seb! And big thanks to both Sam and Popey for their years of service to the site - as well as Mash, D_E and Barbarossa89. I'm very excited to see what changes and improvements will be coming AoKH's way.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 11-27-2019 @ 06:29 AM).]

HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 11-27-19 02:26 AM CT (US)     2 / 9       
Congratulations, Seb - well-deserved! - and a tip of the hat to Popey for taking the helm with me these past few years

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 11-27-19 04:28 AM CT (US)     3 / 9       
Thanks folks, it was a pleasure to work with you all.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 11-27-19 05:40 AM CT (US)     4 / 9       
Congrats Seb! And thanks Sam and Popey for holding the mantle the last couple years.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
MrMew
Huskarl
posted 11-27-19 06:10 AM CT (US)     5 / 9       
Congratulations to Seb for this conquest promotion. And a thanks to popey and sam for holding the fort.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 11-27-19 07:25 AM CT (US)     6 / 9       
Congrats, Seb. And like Mew said, thanks to Popey and Helper for manning the tiller.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
(id: Great_Artiste)
posted 11-27-19 08:11 AM CT (US)     7 / 9       
Congrats Seb and thank you Sam and Popey for your service!

Co-creator and leader of Monsoon Studios

You are kneeling with your tongue out? What exactly do you think is going to happen here? - Matt

A drush is not a knockout punch; it is the first punch in a combo - Barbarossa
Possidon
Slayer
posted 11-27-19 04:19 PM CT (US)     8 / 9       
Congrats Seb you’ll be a great seraph. Thanks to Sam and Pompey not only for what you’ve done for the site but what you’ve done for the game as a whole.
Mithril Knight
Squire
posted 11-27-19 10:53 PM CT (US)     9 / 9       
Congrats to Seb and thank you for your service, Sam, Popey! May life treat you well going forward.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames