You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussion
Moderated by John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1201 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » Are many people aware of the original Age of Empires 2 graphics?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Are many people aware of the original Age of Empires 2 graphics?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 43 44 45 46 47 ··· 48  Next Page »
ELiTE TEUTONiC
Squire
posted 01-15-11 08:55 AM CT (US)         
I'm not sure if there are many long termers here (by long termers I mean original Age of Empires 2 fans who were around with its inception) but the game actually had different graphics to what you see in the final game. This version was scrapped, and to be honest with you I find the original graphics quite appealing. I will try and find the original magazine pictures and scan if for you.

Firm believer in micro-management.
Introducing one of the greatest 2D RTS Medieval mods, Sword & Arrow: European Wars

[This message has been edited by ELiTE TEUTONiC (edited 09-12-2011 @ 09:14 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Casmiel
Squire
posted 12-10-12 07:44 AM CT (US)     1101 / 1201       
I want to find the guy responsible for switching out the AoE priests "wololoooo", also known as "neneneeeeee ahyiahoooooyiuhuu". I want to give him a piece of mind >

I don't know if the question has been asked before, but the thread is pretty long by now... in the original AoK, have you been (except for the obvious Spanish) thinking about including different civs than the ones that got released in the final game? If yes, which civilizations where you planning to include, and what kind of special unit did you have in mind?
Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
(id: Kastor)
posted 12-15-12 08:16 AM CT (US)     1102 / 1201       
You are no longer at Hidden Path? I hope not because we asked too many questions
whatever wingwun wants
Squire
(id: Pears)
posted 12-15-12 08:54 PM CT (US)     1103 / 1201       
Anymore talking going to be done by Matt?

Hold on.
I make games. Currently I am working on CounterStrike:Global Offensive.
Mother of god.

I have a tonne of questions about CS:GO if you are willing to answer them!

So, again Devestator shut the f*ck up, for your own good, and for mine aswell. If you think im a noob, continue with that, but do not tell that noobstuff to the others, because there's people who do not give a flying f*ck about you, komprenas? SHUT THE F*CK UP, AND REMAIN SILENT stupid pervert. - NertyOX

[This message has been edited by Missuire Faqatron (edited 12-15-2012 @ 09:01 PM).]

Mahazona
Squire
posted 12-23-12 01:40 AM CT (US)     1104 / 1201       
I don't know if the question has been asked before, but the thread is pretty long by now... in the original AoK, have you been (except for the obvious Spanish) thinking about including different civs than the ones that got released in the final game? If yes, which civilizations where you planning to include, and what kind of special unit did you have in mind?
interesting question me want to know as well.and why was goths even in the game?all they do is represent slavic countries like poland and russia in campagains
marathon
Squire
posted 12-23-12 04:46 AM CT (US)     1105 / 1201       
Goths in reality clashed with Byzantines in a battle in Thrace. That battle was a victory for Goths, thanks to their hordes of armored infantry. Later, centuries later, Byzantines appear armed with heavy cavalry in forts and cities, able to dissolve with a single hit whole lines of infantry.

I am not sure whether this battle between Goths and Byzantines is in campaigns, but I am sure that this specific battle and the campaign of Julian in Persia were 2 very characteristic resources for the designers of civs. Maybe they planned to make the campaign but they failed to do so in time.
Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
posted 12-23-12 06:06 AM CT (US)     1106 / 1201       
I guess as you started in the Dark Age, you're playing Dark Age civs like Goths, Britons, etc.
Mithril Knight
Squire
posted 12-23-12 09:43 AM CT (US)     1107 / 1201       
interesting question me want to know as well.and why was goths even in the game?all they do is represent slavic countries like poland and russia in campagains
They established two important kingdoms during the Dark Ages, the Ostrogoths established in north-eastern Italy, with their capital in Ravenna, and the Visigoths established in the most of the Iberian Peninsula. The first fell to the Byzantines in the early 600's, while the second survived until the Islamic invasion of Spain in the 711, and within 3 years they were vanquished. But they had a very important impact in the language of those regions at their time, and set in Spain, they set the bases for the Spanish culture to be born.

Hope that clears it up.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
Mahazona
Squire
posted 12-23-12 10:31 AM CT (US)     1108 / 1201       
those are really good historical points but in the game they seem to be the replacement civc not not much value is given to them.
Feliks
Squire
(id: Joshooarh)
posted 12-23-12 11:45 AM CT (US)     1109 / 1201       
They're fun to play as.
Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
posted 12-24-12 04:21 AM CT (US)     1110 / 1201       
Merry Xmas Matt! I wish you luck next year!
Mahazona
Squire
posted 12-24-12 06:39 AM CT (US)     1111 / 1201       
I guess this answers half of the question about the missing civs.But no info if they did plan any UU's for these guys.
http://aok.heavengames.com/gameinfo/conquerors-expansion
Mithril Knight
Squire
posted 12-24-12 10:23 AM CT (US)     1112 / 1201       
those are really good historical points but in the game they seem to be the replacement civc not not much value is given to them.
What? They are an unstoppable infantry-producing machine!

In-game the Goths are the best Infantry civilization, no one produces infantry faster than them, and his unique unit can be created in barracks with a UT, plus, huskarls are nigh-invincible with any ranged unit.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-24-12 11:01 AM CT (US)     1113 / 1201       
There are several civs in AoK that represent barbarians from Roman times: Britons (sort of), Celts, Franks, Goths, Huns. Of course, some of those civs were important after Roman times as well - the first three - but I think the point is made.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
whatever wingwun wants
Squire
(id: Pears)
posted 01-04-13 11:01 PM CT (US)     1114 / 1201       
Merry Christmas guys.

Matt, I would still like to talk about CS:GO.

Just putting it out there.

You know, just a big fan.

Top notch work

Just yea.

So, again Devestator shut the f*ck up, for your own good, and for mine aswell. If you think im a noob, continue with that, but do not tell that noobstuff to the others, because there's people who do not give a flying f*ck about you, komprenas? SHUT THE F*CK UP, AND REMAIN SILENT stupid pervert. - NertyOX
Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
posted 01-08-13 03:19 AM CT (US)     1115 / 1201       
Matt seems to be gone right now.

[This message has been edited by Alexastor (edited 01-09-2013 @ 02:12 AM).]

Charlie I
Squire
posted 01-09-13 10:48 AM CT (US)     1116 / 1201       
Here Are Some Avatars that that I've found in the Internet from the Age of Empires II Late Beta version, that Shows All 14 Unique Units from the original 13 Civilizations in high quality where you can see a closeup view of how the units looked like when they were in 3DMax.

I hope these images can be useful.

Longbowman, Cataphract and Woad Raider

Cho Ko Nu, Throwing Axeman and Huskarl.

Samurai, Mangudai and War Elephant

Mameluke, Teutonic Knight and Janissary

Berserk & Longboat

Note: The Janissary unit from the Turks still has his original longhat before it got removed in the Release Version of AOE2.
Poisonium
Squire
posted 01-10-13 02:05 AM CT (US)     1117 / 1201       
Am I the only one who thinks the Chu Ko Nu's crossbow looks very silly?

Rain is coming down
Pitt_Man
Squire
(id: Dark_Reign)
posted 01-10-13 02:24 AM CT (US)     1118 / 1201       
Am I the only one who thinks the Chu Ko Nu's crossbow looks very silly?
Maybe?

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         
Poisonium
Squire
posted 01-10-13 03:17 AM CT (US)     1119 / 1201       
I had no idea :P

It's still somewhat exaggerated, though.

Rain is coming down
Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 01-10-13 03:47 AM CT (US)     1120 / 1201       
It's still somewhat exaggerated, though.
I think you underestimate the ability of the Chinese at the time.
Poisonium
Squire
posted 01-10-13 05:49 AM CT (US)     1121 / 1201       
It still appears to be an unusually large chu ko nu.

I do not doubt that they were among the most advanced civilizations of the time on some points.

Rain is coming down
anterior2
Scenario Design Expert
posted 01-13-13 05:57 PM CT (US)     1122 / 1201       
Let's hope MattP comes back!

StormComing (to me): "Seems like you're way under-ranked"

Check out my series of guides for the scenario editor in the link below! | Best Otto TR score

The definitive collection of my scenarios, along with my scenario editor walkthrough, recorded games, and much much more!
AFFA the Cleric
Squire
posted 01-24-13 10:23 AM CT (US)     1123 / 1201       
Hi Thompsoncs !

Can you send me your water terrain graphic?

If there are all three types of water even better!

This is my mail:

nicolaaffatati@gmail.com

Thank you so much!

[This message has been edited by AFFA the cleric (edited 01-24-2013 @ 10:35 AM).]

thelolotov
Squire
posted 02-03-13 10:49 AM CT (US)     1124 / 1201       
Hello all, this is a bit off-topic, I apologize.

I have never been a part of this community, so, none of you know me. I am just some guy who played AoK and AoM as a kid. Yesterday afternoon, I suddenly decided I wanted them on Steam, so, I started a petition and a post on Reddit. Since then, the original Reddit post is at 573 upvotes at the time of writing:Reddit Post

And the petition is at 312 signatures at time of writing:Petition

Signatures would be appreciated, and if ES_MattP wants to use this petition or the post to prove demand, he is more than welcome to contact me, or just do it. Or, I could use his help finding a contact in MS to present this to.

Please sign and share this, if you don't mind. Sorry to hijack the thread, but I think this is relevant enough.
Feliks
Squire
(id: Joshooarh)
posted 02-04-13 08:07 AM CT (US)     1125 / 1201       
I made a news for you. Also, if this actually ends with AoK coming to Steam, then you deserve a plaque of honor.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 43 44 45 46 47 ··· 48  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames