You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussion
Moderated by John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1201 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » Are many people aware of the original Age of Empires 2 graphics?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Are many people aware of the original Age of Empires 2 graphics?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 44 45 46 47 48  Next Page »
ELiTE TEUTONiC
Squire
posted 01-15-11 08:55 AM CT (US)         
I'm not sure if there are many long termers here (by long termers I mean original Age of Empires 2 fans who were around with its inception) but the game actually had different graphics to what you see in the final game. This version was scrapped, and to be honest with you I find the original graphics quite appealing. I will try and find the original magazine pictures and scan if for you.

Firm believer in micro-management.
Introducing one of the greatest 2D RTS Medieval mods, Sword & Arrow: European Wars

[This message has been edited by ELiTE TEUTONiC (edited 09-12-2011 @ 09:14 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
dnwq
Squire
posted 02-04-13 08:26 AM CT (US)     1126 / 1201       
I'm honestly curious about their Fable and Age of Empires III sales numbers on Steam.
thelolotov
Squire
posted 02-05-13 05:09 PM CT (US)     1127 / 1201       
Plaque not necessary, if AoK and AoM make it to Steam, that's reward enough. Signatures are up to 500 now, so, share it!
Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
(id: Kastor)
posted 02-07-13 06:58 AM CT (US)     1128 / 1201       
AoE3 sold extremely well (it was always in the Top 5, sometimes Top 3 sellers when it was on sale).

I'm really starting to get concerned about Matt. I have basically given up on an update to AoE2 or AoE, but the fact that Matt didn't even say goodbye spooks me.
John the Late
Knight
posted 02-07-13 07:42 AM CT (US)     1129 / 1201       
Yes it is sad. I don't understand his last post. It only says
Alexastor,

[This message has been edited by ES_MattP (edited 12-04-2012 @ 07:01 PM).]
Which is about two days after he posted the reply and the last action seen from him.
Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 02-07-13 05:35 PM CT (US)     1130 / 1201       
Which is about two days after he posted the reply and the last action seen from him.
And he said...

whatever wingwun wants
Squire
(id: Pears)
posted 02-08-13 04:05 AM CT (US)     1131 / 1201       
Not funny Tetsuo.

So, again Devestator shut the f*ck up, for your own good, and for mine aswell. If you think im a noob, continue with that, but do not tell that noobstuff to the others, because there's people who do not give a flying f*ck about you, komprenas? SHUT THE F*CK UP, AND REMAIN SILENT stupid pervert. - NertyOX
Strepto
Squire
posted 02-27-13 09:17 AM CT (US)     1132 / 1201       
Bumping for a revival of this thread. Matt might have started something before he went underground!

Rumors of work on a Project Kaos on Steam. The icon used is the same as a game we all know, named Age of Empires: The Conquerors Expansion

Links and credits goes to this reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/19b4v0/aoe_2_icon_on_steam/

Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 02-27-13 11:03 AM CT (US)     1133 / 1201       
Keisari Tapsa
Smith
posted 02-27-13 11:59 AM CT (US)     1134 / 1201       
This is simply unbelievable. Would it be possible that they use the same icon for some other game? There seems to be eight "Unknown App (Possible content for ValveTestApp221380)" related to the above find.

Advanced Genie Editor
Follow coding here and here.
ephestion
Squire
posted 02-27-13 02:47 PM CT (US)     1135 / 1201       
You guys are bad. Worst than the paparazzi. If I had neighbors like you I would get a retraining order based on claims of invasions of privacy. But you make for an interesting thread.

Just going back a few hundred posts someone was talking about classifications of the Civs. I think generally they should have followed art sets based on religion. Buddhist, Hindu, Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, Muslim. Because when you find architecture of that period, for each civ, it becomes very confusing when you try to categorize in any other-way. Someone said Britons were classed as one of the barbarian groups. But the term Briton actually precedes all Germanic involvement. The name is in reference to a people that lived there during the Roman and Greek period of the Isles. They were no longer Britons once they were conquered, the alternative term Anglo or Anglo-Saxxon is often used. The original inhabitants of the island were just the same as any other Roman or Greek land. This is entirely from an architectural and grouping of Civs within the art work point of view. So really the Britons would have and did have Roman architecture, similar to Byzantine and ancient Greece. It was only after their conquest by Germanic tribes that their architecture changed significantly. Bath near London probably shows this past best, and Hadrians wall certainly indicates the trouble the island underwent in trying to remain free. So really Britons should have been included in the Roman team architecture. Also Celts were the ancestors of the Gauls and Britons and they too were Hellenised well past 700BC. But there is confusion because the way they are depicted is from a post Germanic invasion point of view and yet they use the names associated with their former Roman membership. So what we see ingame called Britons is actually Anglo-Saxxon kingdoms, and while they use the name Celts in the Game they are actually Germanic tribes possibly Picts. The La Tene culture found in modern Switzerland was actually developed by the Celts or Gauls of Marsielle. Marsielle started as a Greek city but after a few generations it had more Celtic citizens than Greeks and as such acted as a catapault for the rise of Celtic culture (dragging with it Hellenisation eg they used Greek coins even if they were minted in Gaul).

So that there is confusion enough, then comes the art work which I think should have been really split based on religious factions. Religion as a cultural aspect in medieval times pretty much defined everything. Orthodox churches or early christian churches and Catholic were the same. Protestant types took on that steep roof appearance etc.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
(id: Kastor)
posted 02-27-13 03:31 PM CT (US)     1136 / 1201       
Sounds great. But right now I'm more concerned what Matt is up to nowadays. I don't even care what secrets he knows, I just hope he's allright.
Basse
Squire
posted 02-28-13 11:52 AM CT (US)     1137 / 1201       
The_Biz
Squire
posted 02-28-13 01:26 PM CT (US)     1138 / 1201       
looks like they're putting some effort into it...

maybe it'll have authenticated multiplayer instead of the crap on voobly / gameranger

also mod workshop would be neat

[This message has been edited by The_Biz (edited 02-28-2013 @ 01:27 PM).]

Keisari Tapsa
Smith
posted 02-28-13 01:38 PM CT (US)     1139 / 1201       
I hope it'll support at least 16 players and have maps bigger than 256x256. I also hope that modding it would be easier here and there.

Advanced Genie Editor
Follow coding here and here.
Enfynet
Squire
posted 02-28-13 01:43 PM CT (US)     1140 / 1201       
So now I need to figure out what Steam is...

(I know what Valve is, if that's a good place to start.)

Age of Empires beginner class since 1998! Thankfully I know people that are even more "beginner" than I am!
ephestion
Squire
posted 02-28-13 01:57 PM CT (US)     1141 / 1201       
LOL yeah very close to home.

http://store.steampowered.com/

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
Plastic
Squire
posted 02-28-13 11:20 PM CT (US)     1142 / 1201       
Exciting news! I just hope it comes through!

If this was released on Steam, I'd very likely buy it, as long as they made sure it was truly compatible with modern systems.

-Plastic
AOEO player (Gamertag: Plasticcaz), and beta tester.
AOKH blacksmith fan.

[This message has been edited by Plastic (edited 02-28-2013 @ 11:25 PM).]

ephestion
Squire
posted 03-01-13 10:21 AM CT (US)     1143 / 1201       
I highly doubt they would spend any time or money to change the game in any way. If it does happen, it would more than likely be an authorized volunteer group.

Strepto
Squire
posted 03-01-13 11:31 AM CT (US)     1144 / 1201       
http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1250403

New info, basically leaked. Check the achievement list there.
(or here from the official Steam API: http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamUserStats/GetGlobalAchievementPercentagesForApp/v0002/?gameid=221380 )

Stalkers gonna stalk. I hope Matt_P is involved and gets to fullfil our/his dream.
TOAO_DaVe
Squire
(id: Tonto_DaVe)
posted 03-01-13 03:23 PM CT (US)     1145 / 1201       
He has been quiet.

These are pretty sweet finds.

Signed,
DaVe.
Mahazona
Squire
posted 03-01-13 10:31 PM CT (US)     1146 / 1201       
here is some pics i found of old buildings,not sure if anyone posted these before.
http://www.atomicgamer.com/games/1070/age-of-empires-the-age-of-kings/images
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-01-13 11:05 PM CT (US)     1147 / 1201       
Those pics were probably known, but they're pretty cool, nonetheless.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
John the Late
Knight
posted 03-02-13 07:01 AM CT (US)     1148 / 1201       
Do you know if someone has slps of them?
Devious Dev
Official Professional Qualified Noob
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
posted 03-03-13 05:34 AM CT (US)     1149 / 1201       
here is some pics i found of old buildings,not sure if anyone posted these before.
http://www.atomicgamer.com/games/1070/age-of-empires-the-age-of-kings/images
OMG those are awesome! Where do they come from?

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
Basse
Squire
posted 03-03-13 05:44 AM CT (US)     1150 / 1201       
The Beta/alpha version of aok
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 44 45 46 47 48  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames