You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.695 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Introducing Advanced Genie Editor 3 with Language DLL Editing
Bottom
Topic Subject:Introducing Advanced Genie Editor 3 with Language DLL Editing
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 20  Next Page »
Keisari Tapsa
Smith
posted 01-25-13 03:34 PM CT (US)         
Finally you can edit language files in the Advanced Genie Editor.
Unfortunately, the library is broken and too complex for me to fix.
You can edit language files directly from the boxes which show lines from them.
The changes are stored to the base language file and if expansion files have data, they'll be wiped out.
There is an option to store changes to the latest expansion.
It should be possible to use any line between 0 and 65535 or maybe even more?

Here you can download it:
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=11002

This was all possible with C library by Apre:
https://github.com/apreiml/pcrio

Advanced Genie Editor
Follow coding here and here.

[This message has been edited by Keisari Tapsa (edited 06-14-2018 @ 04:10 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
AFFA the Cleric
Squire
posted 01-31-13 03:02 PM CT (US)     71 / 695       
All that I have done, I haven't done with Advanced GeniED 2 or 3, but i've done it with GeniED 1.6
Rambit
Squire
posted 01-31-13 04:23 PM CT (US)     72 / 695       
Guys, does anyone on this planet make attacks or armors differ between civilizations? I mean the stats under unit tab, not any technologies.
Personally I would just change them with technologies as it is easier to avoid civ specific unit changes as if you forget you have copy for all civs on later it gets undone.
Keisari Tapsa
Smith
posted 02-01-13 02:24 AM CT (US)     73 / 695       
Thanks for the info, AFFA the cleric, John the Late and Rambit.

It's a good point to take all tech games into account.
Then only graphics should differ initially between civs.
I'll still make it possible to copy attacks and armors from/to only one civilization. They are actually bugged right now. If you copy attacks or armors they get copied from each civ. Selection 1 from gaia, selection 2 from next civ and so on.
I'll fix that and other civ related problems soon.

Advanced Genie Editor
BF_Tanks
Squire
posted 02-01-13 03:27 AM CT (US)     74 / 695       
I think I'll give this a shot after you fix that, and give you some feedback <3

Proud Member of Black Forest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009
and The Seas of Egressa - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
Jan dc
Squire
(id: Den cekke)
posted 02-02-13 06:25 AM CT (US)     75 / 695       
It doesn't seem possible to make the graphics of the dark age house animated. It might have to do with the data part but I'm not sure what to change. Any suggestions?

Btw would it also be possible to add an extra default path in the open file window. Now I have to change the location each time so it would be easier if I can customize the default path.
todler
Squire
posted 02-02-13 07:36 AM CT (US)     76 / 695       
I've never done it, but i think animation could be added to every building, just use delta graphics(or something like that).
Jan dc
Squire
posted 02-02-13 07:40 AM CT (US)     77 / 695       
If it was only that simple. I tried that but didn't work. It does work for other buildings though.
John the Late
Knight
posted 02-03-13 09:45 AM CT (US)     78 / 695       
Is there a way to enable HP regeneration like berserks have it, without the unitbeing a hero, so it can still be convertet?
AFFA the Cleric
Squire
posted 02-03-13 10:10 AM CT (US)     79 / 695       
Is there a way to enable HP regeneration like berserks have it, without the unitbeing a hero, so it can still be convertet?
I know it only for new units, but I can not do it for existing ones ...
John the Late
Knight
posted 02-03-13 10:54 AM CT (US)     80 / 695       
How do you do it?
AFFA the Cleric
Squire
posted 02-03-13 11:03 AM CT (US)     81 / 695       
Simply copy and paste the viking berserk on a new unit, then, if you want to make a unit(for example the elite giaguar warrior)wich enables to himself the self-healing abilities, you can create a new tecnology can uprage the elite giaguar warrior in the new unit pasted from the berserker(obliviously in the new berserk unit you must insert the same data settings of the elite giaguar warrior, so in the game, it will seem that you have really enabled to the elite giaguar warrior the self-healing, whereas you have just upgraded a unit in another unit!)
Moreover, the new elite giaguar warrior can still be converted by enemy Monks

[This message has been edited by AFFA the cleric (edited 02-03-2013 @ 11:05 AM).]

Keisari Tapsa
Smith
posted 02-03-13 01:01 PM CT (US)     82 / 695       
Okay people, I fixed the civilization problems on copying and pasting in the unit tab. Download it here.

I tried to do good job but as always there can be bugs. If anyone feels like checking my code, feel free to report bugs from it.
I think I'll give this a shot after you fix that, and give you some feedback
It doesn't seem possible to make the graphics of the dark age house animated. It might have to do with the data part but I'm not sure what to change. Any suggestions?
Unfortunately I don't know.
Without AFFA's upgrading method it's not possible. This was reported hard-coded long time ago.

Advanced Genie Editor

[This message has been edited by Keisari Tapsa (edited 02-19-2013 @ 07:51 AM).]

John the Late
Knight
posted 02-03-13 01:15 PM CT (US)     83 / 695       
Actually, AFFA's method does not work, you have to upgrade the berserk to the unit you want regenerating. (This works for almost everything hardcoded as well as AI usage.) I guess I have to make the units unconvertable then.
Keisari Tapsa
Smith
posted 02-03-13 01:16 PM CT (US)     84 / 695       
You mean heroes?

Advanced Genie Editor
John the Late
Knight
posted 02-03-13 01:37 PM CT (US)     85 / 695       
I wanted to make camels regenerating HP a civ bonus for a new civilization (Berbers) based on an idea in another topic, but not making them unconvertable via hero mode. But I have to do, maybe I'll take away faith as some kind of compensation. It's not that bad an idea at all.

[This message has been edited by John the Late (edited 02-03-2013 @ 01:38 PM).]

Jan dc
Squire
posted 02-03-13 05:14 PM CT (US)     86 / 695       
Making a new house it is then.
Keisari Tapsa
Smith
posted 02-05-13 12:43 PM CT (US)     87 / 695       
den cekke

I fixed your problem:
When you insert a not existing research id(for example 493) under Tech. Trees/Age/Connected Researching the program crashes.
Download it from here.
I'll probably do couple more fixes before next blacksmith release. In the meanwhile everyone can report bugs in these non-blacksmith releases.

Advanced Genie Editor

[This message has been edited by Keisari Tapsa (edited 02-19-2013 @ 07:51 AM).]

Jan dc
Squire
posted 02-08-13 02:05 PM CT (US)     88 / 695       
Class 25 are not-ranged units in aoeI btw.

Never mind

[This message has been edited by den cekke (edited 02-08-2013 @ 02:07 PM).]

Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 02-09-13 08:45 AM CT (US)     89 / 695       
You're on Advanced Genie Editor 3 now? Haha. I need to get with the times...downloading.

Awesome addition btw, thanks again for your continued hard work into this.

[This message has been edited by Tetsuo Shima (edited 02-09-2013 @ 08:46 AM).]

Keisari Tapsa
Smith
posted 02-14-13 10:06 AM CT (US)     90 / 695       
I found the structure of the last large unknown data block in dat files. That data has the same size in AoK and TC.

I'll make the proper user interface for this data. I've got no clue what it means. I hope we can discover it.
This data theoretically exists in Star Wars versions but its count is 0.

Advanced Genie Editor

[This message has been edited by Keisari Tapsa (edited 02-19-2013 @ 07:49 AM).]

aoe_scout
Squire
posted 02-15-13 00:44 AM CT (US)     91 / 695       
Thank you very much for your work, AGE3 is great!

Here are few things I came across while editing the ROR data:

- Unit class 23 - "Conquistador" is Chariot Archer in ROR (also confirmed here)
- Unit class 1 is Artifact and Ruins
- Unit class 25 (listed as Unused) are some heroes (Xerxes, Perseus, Tiberius, Jason and Archimedes), rest of the heroes are standard unit classes.
- Unit class 29 (listed as Unused) is Lion-Tame

Also I had some problems with language.dll editing (adding longer text for Tech Description broke my file on 2 occasions), but I can't reproduce it after that, so it may be a random bug. I know it's still experimental, so I don't rely on it very much (I use Pebbles).

[This message has been edited by aoe_scout (edited 02-15-2013 @ 00:44 AM).]

Keisari Tapsa
Smith
posted 02-15-13 10:14 AM CT (US)     92 / 695       
Thanks for your info.
I can't find unit classes 25 and 29 in dat files of AoE and RoR.

I'll have a look on the DLL code and try to figure out problems in there.

Advanced Genie Editor
DJeronimo
Banned
posted 02-17-13 12:40 PM CT (US)     93 / 695       
short question - can i build a building only over cliffs, somehow with terrain restriction, i want to be able to create some quarryy or mine
John the Late
Knight
posted 02-17-13 01:12 PM CT (US)     94 / 695       
Cliffs are units, I don't know how you could restrict a building to a unit.
Keisari Tapsa
Smith
posted 02-17-13 01:26 PM CT (US)     95 / 695       
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Cliffs are units too. Their type is 10 so you cannot produce terrain (that could be used as the restriction) under them automatically. They lose graphics if you change them to type 80 (terrain can be produced under) and then you also capture them like other gaia buildings.

Advanced Genie Editor
AFFA the Cleric
Squire
posted 02-17-13 03:27 PM CT (US)     96 / 695       
Sorry Keisari, i've a question... there is a specific bonus attack vs the gunpowder units like hand cannoneer?
I want to create a unit that have a bonus attack only vs gunpowder units and not vs archer units type.Thanks in advance!
John the Late
Knight
posted 02-17-13 03:33 PM CT (US)     97 / 695       
You can use one of the extra armor classes for that... which leads me to a request: Keisari, can you add the option to rename classes? For my own mod I added a special gate class, a camel class (to split ships and camels) and so on... It is not always easy to keep track with that.
AFFA the Cleric
Squire
posted 02-17-13 03:36 PM CT (US)     98 / 695       
Ehm, yes, but how can i create a new attack bonus class?
Is required a special program, or i can do it with AGE 3?
Pulkit
Squire
posted 02-17-13 06:38 PM CT (US)     99 / 695       
Add the attack bonus to your unit which has bonus vs gunpowder units. Choose any new class, e.g 32.

Next, give the gunpowder units an armour of 0 for this new class. This tells the game that these units "accept damage from attacks of type 32".

IIRC there are already a few attack classes for gunpowder units in the game (although they are not used).

Tales of Middle-Earth | Don't miss it
Keisari Tapsa
Smith
posted 02-18-13 01:44 AM CT (US)     100 / 695       
You can have lots of more attack classes and also name them.
Click the "Lists" button on the toolbar and AGE extracts a file named age2lists.ini. There you can specify the amount of extra classes and their names too. After you have done that, restart AGE.

Advanced Genie Editor
aoe_scout
Squire
posted 03-03-13 10:45 AM CT (US)     101 / 695       
Here are the corresponding names of the Random Maps for AOE-ROR (it turned out they are in their in-game order, but I checked them all anyway):
0 - Unknown 4 = Small Islands
1 - Unknown 0 = Large Islands
2 - Unknown 6 = Coastal
3 - Unknown 5 = Inland
4 - Unknown 7 = Highland
5 - Unknown 8 = Continental
6 - Unknown 2 = Mediterranean
7 - Unknown 3 = Hill Country
8 - Unknown 1 = Narrows
9 - Unknown 9 = unused/unavailable - Rivers: the map itself consists of very narrow rivers, dividing the players, with no shallows whatsoever. Not very playable (water is too narrow to navigate with ships and lacks shallows).

I tried to add a map, but it won't show in the list. Could be investigated further (I didn't try very much).

The names of the maps seem to be determined by the order of the data. For example: placing a new map above Small Islands, will change the order of all maps to -1: you select Small Islands, but get the new map, select Large Islands - you get Small, etc.

BTW: could you add UP & DOWN buttons in all boxes? It would be usefull and less confusing to be able to reorder things.

EDIT: I run into a some crashes: when I try to use some of the buttons (Copy/Delete, etc.) in Units -> Commands, AGE (v3.3) crashes. I tried with auto copy disabled and all civs deselected, but no difference.

[This message has been edited by aoe_scout (edited 03-03-2013 @ 01:24 PM).]

Keisari Tapsa
Smith
posted 03-05-13 10:41 AM CT (US)     102 / 695       
Those names will be shown in the next AGE release.
You can download its test release here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/o8ar83z58rbmz8w/AGE_3-4-184.zip

I think AoE and RoR have hardcoded random map count

Up and down buttons surely are possible. Can't you just use insert/copy etc?

Can you give me more details when unit command buttons cause crashes?

Advanced Genie Editor
John the Late
Knight
posted 03-05-13 11:01 AM CT (US)     103 / 695       
What would be very cool would be if you move a unit up/down via such buttons, all references to that unit will be altered as well. (Like if you move unit #840 down 3 times so it is unit #843 all references to unit #840 (like dead, unpack, annex units) will be set to 843 as well). Is this possible? Would make data restructuring a ton easier.
Keisari Tapsa
Smith
posted 03-05-13 12:34 PM CT (US)     104 / 695       
It's possible of course.
Too much work for now.

Advanced Genie Editor
aoe_scout
Squire
posted 03-05-13 01:31 PM CT (US)     105 / 695       
Up and down buttons surely are possible. Can't you just use insert/copy etc?
No, I wouldn't do that - easy to mess things up.

Here is what I do when I get the crashes (AGE v3.3, original unmodified ROR empires.dat, Windows 7 32bit) - example: I select Babylonian -> Unit 120 - Forager, I scroll down to Commands and press Delete on the Ability to Garrison (or other, doesn't matter) - crash. Same if I have Auto copy to all civs disabled and same if I select other Civ. Also if I press Copy, instead of Delete it crashes too - every time.

I thinks it's happening on units that are *Disabled* either for Gaia or for all other civs but Gaia - animals, heroes (those unavailable to Gaia), villager subtypes, etc. I tried with units available to all civs and I don't get the crash.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 20  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames