Archived News From January 2006
Due to the old age of most of these news items, all hyperlinks have been disabled. It is also not possible to comment on any of news. They are presented in their current form purely for your reading pleasure – it’s the closest thing to a time machine we can offer you!
- 1 v 7 Hardest
- Posted by Anastasia on January 20th, 2006 @ 7:47 a.m.
- There’s an interesting thread in the that asks the question, ‘is it possible to beat seven computer players on Hardest difficulty?’ mandan_mameluke asked the topic’s question that has made for a good discussion about Player vs AI and strategy in general. Cherub DaVe, and Doktor Mabuse among others have joined the thread, so check out the !
- Posted by Anastasia on January 17th, 2006 @ 8:00 a.m.
- As this new day begins our thoughts are overwhelmed by the devastating loss of our dear friend Shiva. As a community this has touched HeavenGames in a special way, because of Shiva’s years of dedication, leadership, and devotion to us. Our deepest, heart felt sympathies go out to Shiva’s family and to every soul around HeavenGames who is grieving.
Staff confirmed yesterday the sudden passing of our Age of Mythology Heaven’s Seraph, Shiva. We learned that Shiva died on January 11th due to drowning. In a letter from Shiva’s loving sister was shared her knowledge of his interest in HeavenGames, and she did convey that she knew our community meant a lot to her brother. I cannot express the sadness I feel, but I think I speak for everyone when I say, we will cherish Shiva’s memory, and we are thankful for the gift that his living brought to each of us.
GloryofSparta has asked us to join in offering our condolences to his family.
- Woad Creations Closes!
- Posted by Anastasia on January 13th, 2006 @ 2:49 a.m.
- The scenario design team Woad Creations closes after 5 years of designing excellence inside the HeavenGames communities. The warrior poets of Woad have decided to end their creative reign while they are still a ruling force in the competitive world of scenario design teams. The team renown for their brilliant old school scenario designs, and unrivaled creative writing has released over 70 projects for 5 different RTS games within the greater HeavenGames gaming community. Kor, the team’s founder and leader, cited recent inactivity on the team, and mounting disappointments with expectations for scenario editors and games as part of their reasons for ending.
We can bid them our farewells. However, Kor summed up his role by stating, “They were an excellent five years, which have taught me a great deal about leadership, designing, and how damned difficult it is to find a good webmaster.”
Woad has been a pillar of the Age of Kings Heaven community, and a creative powerhouse with countless numbers of their ranks participating in our forums, and releasing numerous top rated projects to the AoKH Blacksmith through the years. Many members of Woad Creations were also appointed to HeavenGames positions, and remain a driving force behind the scenes, and in the forums across the Heavens. So, hopefully they will remain with us for a long time to come in that capacity.
On behalf of the staff at Age of Kings Heaven, I’d like to thank the members of Woad Creations for their great contribution to our AOKH community, and the greater HG gaming community. We are certain that the qualities displayed here in our community by all the Woadies, including their passion and creativity will lead them to success in future endeavors.
- An Army of Angels
- Posted by Aro on January 9th, 2006 @ 4:16 a.m.
It’s a very rare occurance to see a haze of red while looking at a computer screen, especially when it’s not in relation to a head injury. Four Cherubs here at Age of Kings Heaven have proved their dedication and ability to the site, and in recognition, they now get larger wings. Congratulations to AnastasiaKafka, Qazitory, Shadowflare, and Gordon; thank you guys for all of your hard work!
Feel free toin our forum!
- Happy New Year!
- Posted by Aro on January 1st, 2006 @ 7:06 a.m.
Another year comes to a close at Age of Kings Heaven, with our community still thriving and the love for the game only growing. (For all of you nay-sayers: to the mines you go.)
Our hopeful resolution: that we can finally get the AoKH revamp done, this year, 2006. Delay has been our middle name for a while now, so we can only hope 2006 is the year of the King. Looking into my crystal ball, you will see contests in our future (pretty town contest, anyone?), as well as an annual Spelling B, starting and failing only a day afterwards. CrystalCrown wins by a landslide. Hopefully this is only tapping the surface of what will be going on in this new year.
Hope you have a happy new year, everyone!