Archived News From April 2006
Due to the old age of most of these news items, all hyperlinks have been disabled. It is also not possible to comment on any of news. They are presented in their current form purely for your reading pleasure – it’s the closest thing to a time machine we can offer you!
- Age of Empires matchmaking to be retired on MSN Games
- Posted by Anastasia on April 30th, 2006 @ 0:34 a.m.
- AOKH Member, blazefire posted
This retirement also effects Age of Empires and The Rise of Rome gamers too. While, the games’ developer, seemed surprised by the news, they offered that they would be actively looking for possible solutions for the situation over the coming weeks.
Meanwhile, back here at Age of Kings Heaven, two clans have offered their solutions by extending open invitations for players to either join them as members or non-members in their various games, including ladders and tourneys. So check out fenris_w0lf‘s post:, and ChemicalLegion of World Gaming Federation’s post: , for their respective invitations.
a few days ago inside the , announcing that players will no longer be able to play Age of Empires II: Age of Kings and The Conquerors on the Zone as of June 19, 2006. Here is .
- “Where’s Aro?!”
- Posted by Aro on April 25th, 2006 @ 8:53 p.m.
Just to let all of my adoring fans know, I will be kicking into full gear on real life issues (work, finishing school, etc) for the next few weeks, making my activity random and by all means unwelcome. Any questions or concerns can still be sent to, I just might not get to it immediately.
Wish me luck!
- The Invisibility Cloak
- Posted by Anastasia on April 13th, 2006 @ 4:06 a.m.
- The Invisibility Cloak is a new scenario design trick discovered by newIdea, and the announcement of the trick is creating a bit of a stir among enthusiasts in the . For all intents and purposes the trick achieves some long sought after effects like creating renamed units during a game, and that can be applied by scenario designers. This development is yet another in a series of amazing effects that AoKH scenario designers are achieving with the AoKTS program created by DiGiT. So check out newIdea‘s topic and discover for yourself!
- The Straight Dope On Cecil Adams
- Posted by Anastasia on April 1st, 2006 @ 8:51 a.m.
Cecil Adams is the “world’s smartest human being,” and can answer any question. At least for the readers of his syndicated weekly column, the Straight Dope, he is and sometimes does do just that. Therefore his illustrated column exists in more than 30 newspapers throughout the United States and Canada. While I’m not surprised that the worlds smartest human being would play the Age of Empires series, I was amused by Cecil’s answer to yesterday’s question involving the games. A father who’s kid is an AOE enthusiast asked Cecil:In spite of the fact that this news might only be equal in importance to the spam in , I somehow think it fitting of the first day of April. Enjoy, and thanks to Captain Crash 98 (whoever you are) for sending me this! – Anastasia