Archived News From July 2006
Due to the old age of most of these news items, all hyperlinks have been disabled. It is also not possible to comment on any of news. They are presented in their current form purely for your reading pleasure – it’s the closest thing to a time machine we can offer you!
- Posted by Anastasia on July 27th, 2006 @ 8:29 a.m.
- It’s official, the first HGExpo formally known as HGCon is to become a reality. The online exposition will be a celebration of the creative culture of modders and scenario designers throughout the greater HeavenGames community. This will be the first of a forecasted annual event to bring the Heaven’s together. A completely new and original site is being constructed specifically for the HGExpo, as well as new forums where most of the activities will take place.
The event, scheduled to run several days, will give all designers and modders a chance to showcase their best work, and share their enthusiasm for their unique gaming passions. To learn more about the HG Expo visit the threads in our, and forums.
- Christmas in July?
- Posted by Anastasia on July 16th, 2006 @ 9:25 p.m.
- I couldn’t help thinking of the phrase ‘Christmas in July’ in regard to the news today, but beyond the great marketing hook it’s become, it is July, and we have reason to celebrate at Age of Kings Heaven. Not only has our fearless leader, Aro, returned, but we also got word that the Downloads System across HeavenGames have been updated this morning to provide some fantastic new features!
The main features that will effect the member experience at theare; BBCode implementation for file descriptions, authors will now be notified via email when a user comments on their file, and the capability for a new Official Reviewer feature and ?best files? list. There were also many other features implemented that should prove to be a tremendous help to the downloads administrators, and improve the overall experience for our visitors. All excellent improvements and all thanks to Zen and Pecunia!
Also, Aro has returned just in time to celebrate his four year anniversary at AoKH and HeavenGames in the, so we can welcome him back there. Moreover, I’m sure where ever Tanneur99 is in his travels that he is celebrating the updates that will effect the , and if anyone wishes to discuss them with him they can do so upon his return this coming Tuesday. Christmas in July!
- Then and Now
- Posted by Anastasia on July 16th, 2006 @ 2:40 a.m.
- There are two topics that have been attracting a fair amount of attention in the
First up, in terms of both time and interest generated is Simfish‘s topic titled:. While I’m not quite sure were Simmy was heading with that title, I’m glad he stopped at the ‘oldie thread’ indication. Anyway, in the oldie thread, Simfish is asking the old forumers of AoKH to come back, or forward, or out of hiding, to reminisce about the good old days of AoKH. He also asked that they reveal a little about what they’ve been doing since. Slowly but surely the oldies have been posting to the bafflement of the newer forumers. This is the thread where you’re bound to see replies like; “Whats DSoD, swp, and OD?”, and “Hmm…who here remembers washizu?”. So far there has been several oldies who have returned to give comment along with some ancients like Micr0boy, MartiNZ, and Alexander, even Sunny and Thunder stopped by the thread! Of course Steve has been there to welcome them back too! So, if you want to reminisce about the old times at AoKH, or just want to learn about them, check out the “ !”
Next up, is a topic that asks the question;, posted by a new forumer. The forumer, Kinkikomon, was thinking about returning to the game after four years, and wanted to know many things like; “Do people play regular matches more than custom scenarios? Does it still have a good ranked system, or is it now like starcraft where most of the people play UMS games over anything. Is it like Diablo where people hack constantly and the actual fun out of the game is gone?” What one might find interesting about this thread is the answers and the enthusiasm still shown for our beloved Age of Kings game.
Two topics, then and now, in theforum!
, and both are providing spirited discussions about the past and present inside Age of Kings Heaven respectively. Combined they work to create a kind of ‘Then and Now’ view of the forum.